Aaron Niguez - Rangers & After Rangers

bluenizzy

After Rangers:

Aaron Niguez signed for Rangers on loan from Valencia in 2008. It was a short and unsuccessful spell and he’d leave Ibrox in 2009.

Aaron Niguez

Rangers
- Loan (5 apps/2 goals)
Celta Vigo - Loan (13 apps)
Recreativo Huelva - Loan (28 apps)
Almeria (53 apps/5 goals)
Elche (63 apps/1 goal)
Braga (15 apps)
- 15/16 Taca de Portugal
Tenerife (40 apps/4 goals)
Real Oviedo (45 apps/5 goals)
Johor Darul Ta’zim (3 apps)
- 19 Malaysian Charity Shield
Malaga (0 apps)

Aaron has only just singed with Spanish Segunda Division side Malaga.

Was he good on Champ Manager at some point? I remember a few posters were absolutely outraged that he couldn't get a game for us.

I had high hopes for him, he came highly touted and the scum got Marc Crosas, both were disappointing.

Didn't realise he made quite so few appearances for us. Did ok with some of they moves though.

His brother is a top player.

He was always "the answer" according to the footballing experts of FF.

There was a spell where every match day thread where he wasn’t starting would descend intoridiculous abuse of Walter from the usual suspects.

Only on field memory of him is him missing a penalty against Hamilton that he then retook and scored. He then ran around celebrating like he had scored a cup final winner - i did like his enthusiasm !

Watched him and Crosas play for Tenerife in a friendly when on holiday. An ordinary player.
Crosas was absolute pish and subbed at HT.

Malaga are truly shite and shedding players all over the shop. Signing a player from the Malaysian league sums them up currently

He was brilliant on FM. I was jumping for joy when he signed for us.
Was he good on Champ Manager at some point? I remember a few posters were absolutely outraged that he couldn't get a game for us.

Was really highly rated by Spanish press so was surprised when he flopped at us

If you only play 3 games in the Malaysian league you're either injured or shit, I'd imagine he's shit

He was a wonderkid on FM, I was Buzzin when he signed. He wasn’t good.

Remember being at Forfar away in the cup, he scored and took his top off and celebrated like he’d scored in the champions league final.

I remember reading a Four Four Two article listing the 50 best teenagers in the world.
At that point they had Fleck and Aaron Niguez listed.

I expected big things of him.

He's the perfect example of the difference between an exceptionally promising young player and a top professional. I was excited when he came, turned out he was just a good academy player.

My memory was he was one of those players who seemed to get better the less he played.

Absolutely sensational in champ man/football manager and his brothers a no bad player.

No harm to the lad tried like a bear, I thought he’d a world beater but wasn’t to be.

Another Wikipedia style post by the OP....

Provoking some discussion on perception/reality of players from the fairly recent past, utilising wiki as a resource to frame the career for a wider picture. What's the fucking harm in that. 'Discussion' is kind of key to the premise of the board - hell it's even in the description under the Bear Pit forum.

Were you promoted to Thread Polis overnight?

Provoking some discussion on perception/reality of players from the fairly recent past, utilising wiki as a resource to frame the career for a wider picture. What's the fucking harm in that. 'Discussion' is kind of key to the premise of the board - hell it's even in the description under the Bear Pit forum.

Were you promoted to Thread Polis overnight?

Who rattled your cage?! The last few days have seen a copy and paste of random Wikipedia entries.

I'm beginning to think the OP is a bot or trying to get his post count up.

He's the perfect example of the difference between an exceptionally promising young player and a top professional. I was excited when he came, turned out he was just a good academy player.

I watched him a lot in the reserves at tbw time and always felt Georgious Efrem deserved more of a chance than Aaron at the time.

I remember there was huge hype from the media as usual as he was the Spanish under 21 with the most appearances for that squad. Then after he didn’t perform that was used against him as he was “never good enough to make the Spanish squad”. Both extremes were ridiculous- lots of successful under 21 players for a nation never turn that into club level success, and it’s no shame to not be able to displace Torres, Villa, Fabregras and Iniesta in the best national side of my generation!

He had skill but ultimately didn’t fit into the playing style at the time. He would have no doubt done well under our current system.

Seem to remember him scoring in a cup tie away at Forfar and going bonkers but I could be imagining this.

He did, quite a good goal too it I remember it rightly.
I was similar to you, buzzing for him to score because I was convinced he was going to be a good player for us.

The OP was asked to share these stats by @mdingwall, as the OP does the same on FF Facebook.

You don’t need to report the OP’s threads.

Was never a good fit for scottish football. Seemed strange that we were getting him on loan if so highly thought of.

I remember his goal in the cup against Forfar , he was the first time I can really think of as a kid I was excited about a loan signing cause he was coming from Valencia. Good in FM though. Someone earlier the thread mentioned efrem, he’s had a very good career.

Looked outstanding for Spain U21s and Valencia B team. Struggled massively to make the step up from Youth.

Back