Aaron Ramsey

Earth Worm Jim

Hats off to him and his agent for getting this deal!

Aaron Ramsey today signed pre-contract agreement to join Juventus in summer. 28yo penned 4yr deal after passing 2-part medical late Jan. Wales midfielder leaves Arsenal 30 June after 11yrs. Set to become all-time highest-paid GB player (basic salary), just over £400kpw #Juve #AFC

Well played to him.

Always thought he would kick to be world class but never.

Injuries don't help.

Works out at 20 million a year, no? So without a transfer fee its way Bellow value for a very good player. People freak out about money involved these days like it's something new.

A deal worth about 5 or 6 percent of their annual turnover. A completely acceptable risk.

Just shows how much of a sideshow we now are financially.

There is no way he is on 400k per week, nonsense.

The story comes from David Ornstein, who is basically the oracle for all things Arsenal related. If it comes from him, it's as near to fact as you can get.

You could teach our resident Liverpool fan and anti oil man a lesson or two.

Your humility in appreciating how pish your second team usually are, is refreshing.

Well done. :)

Just call it as I see it Crouchy. I like Arsenal but I certainly aren't blinkered by anything, they are a team in transition & Juve are a team at the top of European football.

No transfer means they can afford to pay him a bigger wage imo.

Not surprising.

Yeah this is how it works now. Can't say what a good deal free transfers are because agents are aware of no transfer fee and make sure they take a big cut instead. Ibrahimovic another good example.

I bet big name free agents take a handsome signing on fee too.

So that’s what? £76m over the 4 years

FWIW I think he’s a cracking player and given the proper chance can be a star anywhere
Pity for him arsenal have strangled him over the years

When sol Campbell went to Arsenal on a bosman, he was basically paid 2 wages of 50 grand a week, 1 was his wage and the other was his signing on fee..

Passed a 2 part medical so fair play to him.

I’d imagine it’d be costing a few quid to “insure” that 20mil a year given his history.

That is a crazy deal and comfortably makes him the 2nd best paid player in Italy behind Ronaldo - 3rd on the list is Higuain who is "only" on 9 million.

You have a brilliant player like Douglas Costa as a team-mate only on 6 million so it will be interesting to see if he fits in - seems like a hell of a lot of money to be paying somebody who is not even approaching world class, free transfer or not.

That is a crazy deal and comfortably makes him the 2nd best paid player in Italy behind Ronaldo - 3rd on the list is Higuain who is "only" on 9 million.

You have a brilliant player like Douglas Costa as a team-mate only on 6 million so it will be interesting to see if he fits in - seems like a hell of a lot of money to be paying somebody who is not even approaching world class, free transfer or not.

Douglas Costa was be offered to clubs in Europe, such as Man Utd, Spurs, PSG.

Plus the fact that Juventus have something like 50 players out on loan registers to the first team and many more under the youth squads they have already tied up with buys at the end or option to buy, the money they are paying Ramsey is nothing and then you have a possibility of merchandise sales aswell.

What a wedge. I would retire after about 10 days. Probably call in sick for the last 2.

Back