Aaron Ramsey's Juve Contract Set To Be Terminated

Would you take Ramsey on a permanent contract?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
If it were incentivized more towards a "pay as you play" structure with a moderate base wage within our pay scale, then I would take a risk on it for a 2 year basis. A full pre-season and good run of games may be what he needs. He is a quality player, but we have yet to see it.
I don't think he could do a pre season without getting injured.

It just shows how fucked up modern day football transfer fees and wages are when a club like Rangers cannot afford a player who in his days was very good but is now injury prone and probably finished and we find him way out our price range

He could score a hat-trick in the next game against that lot and he'd still be a figure of ridicule forevermore for that penalty up here. Every match all he would get would be song after song about missing his PK. It's not worth it.

He's a level above SPFL anyway - you saw that with the beautiful deft flick over defenders for Sakala to score a few weeks ago, so hopefully he finds a club down south that suits him where he'll stay fit, play enough and keep himself at a high level because he's a cracking player.

It's a no brainer.

NO!

He could injure himself coming off the team bus. Even when he is match fit he's failed to impress.

He could score a hat-trick in the next game against that lot and he'd still be a figure of ridicule forevermore for that penalty up here. Every match all he would get would be song after song about missing his PK. It's not worth it.

He's a level above SPFL anyway - you saw that with the beautiful deft flick over defenders for Sakala to score a few weeks ago, so hopefully he finds a club down south that suits him where he'll stay fit, play enough and keep himself at a high level because he's a cracking player.
So we shouldn’t sign a player because fans might take the piss out of a missed penalty? Screw that

Not that we should sign him anyway

I can clearly see why he picked us over the PL. nobody wanted him down south. And we should have stayed clear. A signing made on name value alone

Way above SPFL based on one pass?

A fully fit and firing Ramsey, yes please.

But it's not going to happen if we're being honest.

A shame since he is a class player.

Even if he was to sign and make played some decent football as soon as he fcued up it would be” see… just like Seville! “

Not fair to him or club . It’s over.
If you take that approach though, Tavernier wouldn’t have seen a season two and neither he nor Goldson would have been there after Gerrard’s first season.

Forget the wages and the injuries for a second. I’m not entirely sure he was actually decent enough when he was on the pitch to warrant even a first thought never mind a second

I think the Braga game at home was the only time he impressed me. Not celebrating his goal was criminal though. He let the ref get an easy out as I don’t think var would have chopped it off.

I’d take him in a heartbeat if he’s fully fit.

If the opportunity presents itself and he’s willing to sign with us, I’d take him.

He’s worth the risk.
b1c0a049de4ace4e8548899b76d5c6f7.gif

I would've played him more than Gio, but he does take a few games to get up to speed after a spell out. He's been absolutely class at times, but since Gio doesn't play him it's best to let him go

A fit Ramsey would be a huge player for us , sadly getting and keeping him fit is something i dont see happening . So its a no from me but wish him nothing but the best for his next move

No thanks. Didn't work out. Good player in his time but signing him backfired massively for us.

Unless it's a pay as you play type fee. But I can't imagine him being happy about getting paid once a year and being asked to train for free.

A fit Ramsey would be a huge player for us , sadly getting and keeping him fit is something i dont see happening . So its a no from me but wish him nothing but the best for his next move
Am not sure what that contract was but a run of games would keep his fitness up!

I'm still full of rage when I read his name.

Never in a million years should he have hit a penalty in Seville after contributing nothing in his time here.

Billy Big baws and I'm afraid to say weak management from Gio letting him on to hit one.

Was really tempted to vote yes because in the games he’s played you can see his quality , his fitness issues made me vote no unfortunately.

Big name, big ego, not good enough and outside the pay structure I would wager.....
He’s not got a big ego mate
I was trying to get a top signed for my son so I hung around after the Dundee Utd game at the section the players come out to get to the car park to see if I could get some signatures.
Place was packed and Ramsey spent easily a good half hour maybe more signing everyone’s tops and pictures . Got pictures with everyone who asked and spoke with a young fan via FaceTime before he got in his car .
Ryan Jack on the other hand….

I’m still f@cking p1ssed off at that shite penalty kick in the final from him, p1ss poor to say the least for a player of his experience.

Crazy how many people want him back.

Current injury aside his body has declined so much that he barely stood out more than someone like Arfield for example.

Thought he would look lightyears ahead of anyone in this league but he really didn’t.
It’s a big name, it blinds people.

It’s similar to how we could sign an unknown player from an obscure French or Italian side and folk would be going heavily OTT even if they actually weren’t as good as someone from a domestic side like Hearts or Aberdeen.

I hope none of the folk wanting Lyndon Dykes and that other big cart horse Louis Moult are any of the folk turning up their noses at Ramsey.

The really would be the icing on your football knowledge cake.
100% Shengus. Ramsey is (was?) a brilliant footballer. Anyone who can’t see that genuinely doesn’t understand the game. Touch, vision, drifting past players. Unfortunately his injuries held him back big time for us. And of course the penalty. Ach we could debate that all night.

But the boy can play all right. He’ll probably prove it against Scotlan!

Really like him and still think he's capable of being a great player if he gets fit, problem is he can never stay fit for more than 3 games and no more than 60-70 minutes in those games.

Think an early retirement is not too far away.

100% Shengus. Ramsey is (was?) a brilliant footballer. Anyone who can’t see that genuinely doesn’t understand the game. Touch, vision, drifting past players. Unfortunately his injuries held him back big time for us. And of course the penalty. Ach we could debate that all night.

But the boy can play all right. He’ll probably prove it against Scotlan!

We kept hearing that it would be the next game for us....all those things you mention in terms of his ability we never saw them in a Rangers strip.

I'm still full of rage when I read his name.

Never in a million years should he have hit a penalty in Seville after contributing nothing in his time here.

Billy Big baws and I'm afraid to say weak management from Gio letting him on to hit one.
I voted yes to sign him but agree 100% regarding the penalty.

Beautiful avatar by the way.

Way above SPFL based on one pass?
Based upon his career. Even when half-fit he was a standout up here, or did you miss his general play?

So we shouldn’t sign a player because fans might take the piss out of a missed penalty? Screw that

Not that we should sign him anyway
No, some players are just permanently unable to get over bad mistakes or being absolutely terrible and become joke figures to the other side. Sebo, Duffy, Scheidt, Van Vossen, Du Wei, Barton and the likes. It'd be set up for him to fail.

Back