Aaron Ramsey's Juve Contract Set To Be Terminated

Would you take Ramsey on a permanent contract?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I do feel for Ramsey very talented.

I wonder if he will take a season out to get more long term solutions his injuries.

Surely it must be obvious to all that he will never recapture what he had when he was at his peak.

That's the way it goes with all of us. You come down from your peak and you never regain it.

Hence, no chance. Would make even less sense signing him on a permanent contract than it did signing him on a short term loan.

A million times better than Joey Barton, but just as effective. Two games in a row? I could do that (63y.o.), Ramsey cannae.

Only way it would be feasible is if he took wages of a squad player here. Then it might be worth a punt.

No way can we afford to pay him as one of our highest earners or even as a first teamer.

Sadly too risky due to his fitness levels. We need every man on board and ready for action. He did show his ability in flashes but then would disappear again.

It's alright saying "if we keep him fit" but that's literally it, he can't keep fit. We've seen it ourselves already. A big no from me unfortunately.

Without wanting to bring it up again, and I don't hold anything against him for missing as it happens to everyone, but I think if he scores then the next frankfurt one misses. There would have been massive pressure on him, and as it was that fourth penalty of theirs was their worst and the only one mcgregor got near
It’s a conclusion based upon feck all substance

32% actually want him back.

Thats mental.

He barely played for us.. what was it? 3/4 starts?

Hes completely done as a professional footballer.
If you listened to FF footballing experts we wouldn’t have McGregor, Tav, Jack, Lundstrum, Bassey…etc etc etc

He could influence matches…these days not so much. He looked no better than Lowry. Which maybe is a good thing for young Alex.
“It’s a no from me too.”

Kind of tells the story for me.

I also said it weeks ago, Lowry is a more productive option and I would play him before Ramsey.
But Ramsey does have a really great football brain, no one can argue that.

Last edited:
It's alright saying "if we keep him fit" but that's literally it, he can't keep fit. We've seen it ourselves already. A big no from me unfortunately.
The question was if fit and within wage structure would you take him. It’s completely hypothetical. Therefore his fitness / cost don’t come into the equation of the totally hypothetical question.

Fact is if fit and affordable Rangers wouldn’t be able to compete with mid level EPL club

Because he’s a very good player.
You need to be able to play a decent number games to be a very good player for Rangers. In half a season he made 7 league appearances ffs, 7 games and the odd flash of ability isn’t particularly good to be honest. If we’d gotten the same outcome from a player without that name and reputation it would be a flat “no” from just about everyone.

People hoping he’ll suddenly stay fit and produce displays akin to what he’d give a few years back are wired to the moon.

I voted yes, if he under went a full pre season and looked match fit I’d then offer him a deal. As long as he brings his mate home too.

No hes not suddenly going to become fit, dont think ive seen many rangers players as injury prone as him with the exception of the likes of rozental

It would have to be on terms that massively favoured club. I. E. Pocket change basic wage with incentivised add ons and bonuses.

There's no way we can be paying a million+ per year for him to sit in stand for upwards of half the time.

People seem to have forgot that if he scored it would only have been level .

You are assuming they score their next 2 penalties under a wee bit more pressure. We went 1st remember so if we kept scoring, all the pressure was on them. Its done now obviously, but I've felt since then that if he scored, one of their next 2 pens is missed and then its down to whether Roofe kept his cool with our 5th.

Even if all the rangers fans wanted him back realistically I don’t think we could afford him, he will still be looking for a big money deal I would imagine, more than what we could afford for a player that never seemed fit. If he wasn’t fit enough to play most games then I don’t see what would change next season.

Do players who have their contracts terminated and don't feature in games that by preconception they should have been no-brainers to start generally get bit money deals?

I think even down south that would be a massive hard sell.

No. Rarely fit enough to start then even from the bench he didn't do much. EL Final, I don't agree with subbing players on for pens with 5 mins to go in extra time.

deary me
total waste of money and time to bring on the young guns or we lose them

Last edited:
Can I vote no twice please?

Massive wage. Injuries. Stands in the way of Lowry.

Flashes of quality this season, but really, it seemed like we were searching for something to praise him for.

Lovely boy. But no thanks.

A huge YES for me.
oppertunities like this,don’t come around too often.;)
I can never tell if you’re at the wind up! But opportunity for what exactly? To sign a perma-crock who used to be an exceptional player?

I’ll never get over your wanting Barisic punted so Halliday could be our first choice left back :))

Not on your life. IMO, too often he tried fancy stuff, to show that he was a class above - but all too often, it didn't come off.

Obv his lack of fitness speaks for itself, but beyond that;

Hagi to return and Lowry should be getting more time next season, no need for Ramsey

Back