Aaron Ramsey's Juve Contract Set To Be Terminated

Would you take Ramsey on a permanent contract?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Can I vote no twice please?

Massive wage. Injuries. Stands in the way of Lowry.

Flashes of quality this season, but really, it seemed like we were searching for something to praise him for.

Lovely boy. But no thanks.
I genuinely don't even remember any flashes of quality.

I feel like he does add something to the team. His movement, and touches, there is still quality there. I'd have him but he wouldn't be one of the top earners in the squad.

I'd have him back but it's not going to happen and it's probably for the best.

A section of the support simply won't forgive him for that penalty.
Well they would be an absolute bunch of arseholes then. People miss penalties in penalty shootouts, there’s nothing to forgive.

I’d take him 100%, he needs a proper preseason and then we’d potentially have an absolute top class player on our hands. Would have to be at the right price and deal all the same. From the minute he came in he was trying to play catch up and that rarely works. At the stage he’s at it’s common to end the way it did. If he could do preseason and get a run if friendlies I think we’d see a completely different player. Understand those who maybe think it’s not worth it but he still has unbelievable quality. Steve Davis, although maybe with less injuries, showed that it can take time to get back to your fitness levels after not playing but what a player he’s been for us again second time around.

Well they would be an absolute bunch of arseholes then. People miss penalties in penalty shootouts, there’s nothing to forgive.

I’d take him 100%, he needs a proper preseason and then we’d potentially have an absolute top class player on our hands. Would have to be at the right price and deal all the same. From the minute he came in he was trying to play catch up and that rarely works. At the stage he’s at it’s common to end the way it did. If he could do preseason and get a run if friendlies I think we’d see a completely different player. Understand those who maybe think it’s not worth it but he still has unbelievable quality. Steve Davis, although maybe with less injuries, showed that it can take time to get back to your fitness levels after not playing but what a player he’s been for us again second time around.
Catch up??

He was never fit?

The same visceral “I can’t believe you’d extend him” reaction would have been seen in a - would you extent Scott Arfields deal thread

Not for me as i think his days of being a great player at a high level are over
Plenty experience within the squad even after who leaves or who we sell
Any fleeting glimpses of class we seen from Ramsey are abundant in young Lowry
Would be happy with Amad on loan again no problem

If we could genuinely get him on a free and a reasonable wage structure could be agreed I’d take him. My rationale is that if he settles down and manages to stay reasonably fit then we have a decent experienced player added to the squad, who rather than hinder the likes of Lowry might actually manage to help develop them, especially if we’re losing experienced heads like Davis and McGregor.

If it turns out we just see more of the same from him and it doesn’t work out then we would still be able to punt him to a championship side for a few million (there would be teams daft enough to fork out for him even in that scenario).

So, despite the obvious issues I actually think in some ways it would be a relatively low risk gamble.

I would sign him again, but only if the wage wasn’t large and he wasn’t expected to be a starter every week.

Pay as you play sort of deal more focused on bonuses than a standard wage and look at the same offer for bale

You are assuming they score their next 2 penalties under a wee bit more pressure. We went 1st remember so if we kept scoring, all the pressure was on them. Its done now obviously, but I've felt since then that if he scored, one of their next 2 pens is missed and then its down to whether Roofe kept his cool with our 5th.
I just think he’s getting it a bit too much for missing a penalty , yes it was a poor penalty but it’s a lottery which unfortunately we lost .
For me Goldson is far more to blame for us losing than Ramsay

The most positive thing to come out of his loan will be that we don't get tempted by this and get stuck with him on a three year contract
Obviously a very good player and there were moments where you saw his movement, vision and skill at a level far above anyone else in the league but he can never be counted on for any game.
We don't need him to beat Annan in the cup or even Hearts in the league. We need him for the games against them and in Europe and if you sign him he could miss everyone of those as he came close to doing in his loan spell
Genuinely shocked at the poll result as I expected at leas a 95% no vote

A hard No. We need minimum 35 plus games a season players. Not an hour here and there.

Only way it could work would be it was appearance-based; minimal salary.
However he's not worth breaking a wage structure for.

Maybe stupidly expected so much more from him. Thought he'd absolutely stroll it up here and be the catalyst that we needed to link the midfield and forwards.

Obviously was a complete disappointment, even when "fit" he didn't actually look fit, and he didn't really ever look like taking a game by the scruff of the neck and dominating.

Puting the penalty aside, I hold no real grudge against him for that, it happens to the best. No way should he be back though, total waste of time. Wouldn't have him in my side before Lowry.

GVB used Ramsey sparingly which tells its own story. Obviously, he's a very good player and if 1) he was fully fit, 2) his fitness could be relied on and 3) his wages were something we could afford then I would want to keep him.

However, I suspect that none of the three conditions above can be met.
I heard that it was Ramsey who asked not to be selected some of the time because he didn't feel fit.

He's a great player when he's fit. Sadly for him, he can't get to full fitness.

I suspect he'll be at Cardiff sometime soon.

Alex Lowry is a better option than Ramsey

Pay as you play? Is that really a thing in top level football contracts?

The insurance premiums on him would no doubt be eye watering. He’s a fine footballer when on top form and could be again if he regains sustained fitness and sharpness with a proper run of games.

He’d represent too much of a risk if you ask me.

Injured
Injured
Injured
Injured
Injured
Back in training
Back in training
Off the pace first game back
Good game
Injured
This.

In the cold light of day, it is the only way to assess Ramsey’s time with us.

Hoping that someone will be fit is no way to run a football club, especially with the monies involved.

Question for the 600+ who voted Yes. What length of contract are you giving this unfit and injury prone 31 year old?

He’s not got a big ego mate
I was trying to get a top signed for my son so I hung around after the Dundee Utd game at the section the players come out to get to the car park to see if I could get some signatures.
Place was packed and Ramsey spent easily a good half hour maybe more signing everyone’s tops and pictures . Got pictures with everyone who asked and spoke with a young fan via FaceTime before he got in his car .
Ryan Jack on the other hand….
Must have a book deal brewing.

It would depend on what he was getting paid. I suspect his fitness will continue to be an issue, but if we were able to get 30 games out of him a season at £15k a week, I’d say Yes.

Any more than that though (and he’ll comfortably get that down south) and it’s a no.

The probability of him coming back is very low.

It would depend on what he was getting paid. I suspect his fitness will continue to be an issue, but if we were able to get 30 games out of him a season at £15k a week, I’d say Yes.

Any more than that though (and he’ll comfortably get that down south) and it’s a no.

Thankfully.

I’d take him if within our structure. Unfortunately he’s probably destined for a Newcastle or Villa type club, but fitness not withstanding he’s better than that

I’d take him if within our structure. Unfortunately he’s probably destined for a Newcastle or Villa type club, but fitness not withstanding he’s better than that
I get why other clubs would take him as they would approach it the same way we did with loan. We now know he will be only fit for about 10 games a season. 2 of them will be him getting up to speed and 1 of them will be the game where he goes off injured. Due to his impressive CV another player will be dropped to allow him to play. I just found the whole saga with him disruptive for the teams and pre match build ups.

I doubt he has 30 games left in his entire career.

Wages can be spent better elsewhere, not on someone who hasnt been properly fit for over 4 years and quite frankly a huge disappointment.

Nearly 32, bad injury record, would command a mental wage and still hellbent on representing his country.

Let's be honest, if that was another player and not Ramsey, we'd be unanimously saying no to signing him.

I heard that it was Ramsey who asked not to be selected some of the time because he didn't feel fit.

He's a great player when he's fit. Sadly for him, he can't get to full fitness.

I suspect he'll be at Cardiff sometime soon.

Alex Lowry is a better option than Ramsey
Lowry will be an important player for us going forward, I expect him to be a significant feature next season and he will begin to bed himself in as a first-team player.
However, it was noticeable that when he played together with Ramsey that almost immediately they were on the same wavelength.

I would love to have Ramsey at Ibrox, but in truth, he is just too much of a gamble due to his fitness issues.

It was a gamble. It didn’t pay off. If he was capable of playing week in week out then it would have happened. I just can’t see how that changes?
We need to focus on bringing through our own and finding more Calvin Bassey’s.

No.

Another season of “Is Ramsey playing on Saturday/fit” would be soul destroying. Never had so much promised delivered so little.
Agree. He is too much of a side show and distraction in the run up to games (not his fault as a person, simply the high profile nature of his name)

Unbelievable people voting No!

A fit Ramsey within our wage structure would be a huge coup for the club.

Obviously we never saw the best of him in the short time he was here but a full preseason and a run of games and we could see the best of him

Would be great for players like Lowry to learn from a World class player

Won’t happen as we can’t afford him and a decent EPL club will snap him up
Mate he has been here 6 months and shows no signs that his injuries are behind him, we cannot afford another gamble, we need every single player to be at their peak next season, he’s a great player but we can’t carry passengers, we need him out on the pitch 95% of the season and we both know that is never going to happen

Back