Aaron Salem Boupnedza - Hatayspor

Gecekondu

Not someone we have been linked with or who i am suggesting we sing, would cost too much now.

Ive been watching the boy all season for newly promoted Hatayspor in the Turkish Super Lig. Probably the best 100k ever spent by a club. Was highly rated when he was younger at Bordeaux but had disciplinary problems and unsuccessful loan spells at French and Portuguese lower league sides.

Since his move in the Summer he has scored 17 goals in 21 games in the Turkish Super Lig. Now ive saw players in the past go through purple patches, but this boys overall play, unbelievable skill and finishing suggest he could be special if he keeps behaving himself.

Main point of the thread though, is how important a good scouting network is, and the value you can find both here and abroad. We have been very successful in the English market picking up bargains. The hardest thing for any scouting department is finding players like Boupendza, who has the talent, but wrong moves in the past and behavior don't really show up on the stats.

Some of his goals below

Not someone we have been linked with or who i am suggesting we sing, would cost too much now.

Ive been watching the boy all season for newly promoted Hatayspor in the Turkish Super Lig. Probably the best 100k ever spent by a club. Was highly rated when he was younger at Bordeaux but had disciplinary problems and unsuccessful loan spells at French and Portuguese lower league sides.

Since his move in the Summer he has scored 17 goals in 21 games in the Turkish Super Lig. Now ive saw players in the past go through purple patches, but this boys overall play, unbelievable skill and finishing suggest he could be special if he keeps behaving himself.

Main point of the thread though, is how important a good scouting network is, and the value you can find both here and abroad. We have been very successful in the English market picking up bargains. The hardest thing for any scouting department is finding players like Boupendza, who has the talent, but wrong moves in the past and behavior don't really show up on the stats.

Some of his goals below

What age is he mate?

Thanks for that Gekekondu. Quite the goalscorer and master of scoring from distance. As you say good scouting is paramount and hopefully we are in a position now to come up with finds like Boupnedza.

Some of his goals below

Transfer mkt have him valued at 450k

Might be worth us asking the question

Hatay knocked back 9 million Euros in January. I think he will go for roughly that in the Summer mate

Excuse my ignorance, but how can a small club like that afford to knock back 9 million euros? Especially in the current climate.

Excuse my ignorance, but how can a small club like that afford to knock back 9 million euros? Especially in the current climate.
This is Turkey mate. They are clueless when it comes to running football clubs. So many of them have went bust or are crippled with debt. He will go in the Summer though, i dont think they wanted to sell him in January.

Some of his goals below

If we move Morelos on in the summer do you think he'd be a worthy replacement? If £8m would be enough that would be about half the Morelos fee

If we move Morelos on in the summer do you think he'd be a worthy replacement? If £8m would be enough that would be about half the Morelos fee

they knocked back 9 mill so we should offer 8 mil? or is that the same as 9mil euros?

Last edited:

i mean if we are paying that kind of money he would be a great signing. But i cant see us spending that kind of money on 1 player mate even if Morelos goes. Plus with teams in Ukraine, Turkey and France interested he will likely get a lot of money

Reactions: cav
Thanks for that mate. Always enjoy your updates on Turkish football. had many a chat with Turkish Cypriot fans in Northern Cyprus. Conversations normally concentrate on Souness and flags for some reason!!!

For some reason at the start of that video he reminded me of Eduoard the way he takes the ball in at his feet, quite slow and cumbersome but somehow keeps the ball. He does seem to have some potential in him and by god he can hit a ball.

why? Because thats what i see him going for.

no reason he wont score over 20 this season is there?
He would need to start playing games first, look i love Alfie but like it or not prospective clubs will see the headlines and the amount of times he has been banned and see it as a problem. I just don’t think his stock is as high as it was a year ago.

Why not?

We have already rejected more than that for him.

Unproven and mediocre players go for much more around Europe, especially in England.
That means nothing when it comes to this league as I’ve said i just don’t see us getting the money we could have last year.

Back