Abd so it starts. Call to remove 'tangerine' kit

Right now the songs are the only thing. But things change.
Today, a grown adult was offended by the color of a shirt. In days gone bye Michael Stewart would be added to the BBC sport file marked "David Icke". But he is taken seriously. That WILL continue. With the wrong people in the right places, Scottish media and footballing powers are currently looking at all aspects of Rangers FC culture.
When they can take a word, proudly used by the people it affects, and turn it in to a punishable offense, the sky is the limit.
And before Stewart there was Jim Spence, who said - on Sportsound - the Protestants were to blame for Ireland's sectarianism. And after Stewart? Sutton, Griffiths, Bargain. There's endless options

Sorry, not buying that one little bit.
Which part?
They proudly call themselves 19th Century Terrorists. They make banners about it. That word is now a punishable offence.
"The sky's the limit"? I cannot point to one instance in any walk of life where the "offended" were appeased and the outcome was "We're all good now".
All I see is "offended" groups then moving on to the next, more extreme slight.
The only way it ends is for the offending entity to disappear.

Next he'll be questioning the signing of Northen Ireland players ,followed by trying to get the National Anthem banned....and anything to demean our club and support
Hats off to Barry Ferguson it's time they should be put in their place WATP , him and his bigoted colleagues are not

Anyone who thinks dropping the offensive songs will stop these cunts coming after us is deluded.
They will chase us for everything they can while ignoring every other club.

As you say, they WILL come after us for everything and anything but providing we play it smart then they won't catch us out, they will only succeed in showing themselves up for what they are.

W.A.T.P.

I have no time whatsoever for Michael Stewart but we’re kidding ourselves on if we think the orange strips weren’t marketing ploys by the club. Tribute to Dutch players? Sure...

It doesn’t really have an awful lot to do with the current debate though. We can still have orange strips and celebrate Protestantism without resorting to singing about 19th Century Terrorists or FTP. Not for me and shouldn’t have anything to do with Rangers but I understand many fans think differently, and there’s no harm in that.

Exactly DB the only people that complain about the Orange order and Orange football tops and displaying Protestantism are the real bigots......

It's the chip chip effect. Mention it enough times and it becomes fact

Rangers get the reputation for being the bigots in Scotland, then we are marginalized. Parents won't let their kids support a team like that, sponsors look elsewhere, and the supporters become targets in the workplace and on the streets. It's been happening for a decade and a half
Spot on. The scum portray themselves as victims, they wheel out celebrity supporters, they have the media in their pocket, their pr machine is professional compared to ours. For gods sake they have covered up the biggest scandal in Scottish football and the media are scared to touch it.

55 will kill them

They will do there best to stop 55, they are winding up with there “Big bad Rangers agenda” and will throw anything they can at us now uefa have opened the door for them!

Be on your best fellow bears as they will be after arrests to ramp up there agenda in the media

What is wrong with the colour orange? It is no different to any other colour, but Stewart wants it done away with because in his eyes it symbolises Protestantism and Unionism.
This is Fascism pure and simple. It's about time Stewart took a lesson on democracy and freedom instead of listening to the gauleiters in his beloved Scottish Nazi Party.

Perfect example. The singing stops, we move on to the color of the shirts. We dump the orange shirt then we'll be told the blue reminds him of how we used to have an orange shirt.
Then on to the Union Jack and it never ends.
The whole thing is a sham.

Doesn't change the fact the TBB and FTP have to go. This stuff comes from the half wit Michael Stewart. No one but no one is coming after us for orange strips.

From wikipedia:
"Presented as a gift in 1848 to Thomas Francis Meagher from a small group of French women sympathetic to the Irish cause,[3][4] it was intended to symbolise the inclusion and hoped-for union between Roman Catholics and Protestants, the significance of the colours outlined by Meagher was, "The white in the centre signifies a lasting truce between Orange and Green and I trust that beneath its folds the hands of Irish Protestants and Irish Catholics may be clasped in generous and heroic brotherhood.""

Both celtic and hibs strips pay homage to their Irish roots yet strangely there is no orange anywhere to be seen????
What say you Michael? Why is that? Why is it even referred to as green, white and gold without question?

Naw. Not interested? Aye right ye are. Just what I thought.

Did the tramps not used to sing about green white & gold?

Oops, i jumped in without reading all of your post

Doesn't change the fact the TBB and FTP have to go. This stuff comes from the half wit Michael Stewart. No one but no one is coming after us for orange strips.
No one was coming after the songs 20 years ago, but they played the long game so now they are

I would love the tops teams in the champions league to %^*& off, And then other teams including Rangers could resurrect something like the Atlantic league MK2 then we all walk away from Uefa and Scottish football can go forth and die up its own ring piece.
Gobshites on the BBC will have the audience figures equivalent of a phone box in the middle of nowhere three at a push.

What is wrong with the colour orange? It is no different to any other colour, but Stewart wants it done away with because in his eyes it symbolises Protestantism and Unionism.
This is Fascism pure and simple. It's about time Stewart took a lesson on democracy and freedom instead of listening to the gauleiters in his beloved Scottish Nazi Party.
Stewart would be more than happy to ban even The Union Flag , I honestly could not care about the foreign country's flag on the scum strip , I could not care about the tricolour they fly at there hovel if Stewart was sincere about doing things like banning tangerine strips to stop bigotry he would have more chance of actually stopping it by advocating the closure of roman catholic exclusive schools in this shit hole of a country and that's said by a proud Scot

Best ignored. If we had a Great Britain style kit we'd be going against Scotland and the SNP. We are always going to be made an example of. They wear Irish colours and promote their Irish heritage and Catholicism but as soon as we show a stance for being a Protestant club we're made out to be bigots. It will never change.

Only a matter of time until we have nothing left as a club.
From the Daily Record

Derek Ferguson and Michael Stewart in Rangers on-air ding-dong as pair clash over orange strips
Ferguson and fellow BBC pundit Billy Dodds backed their former side but Stewart claims the Ibrox side can do more in the wake of their UEFA sectarian hammer blow.

ByGraeme Young
15:26, 24 AUG 2019UPDATED15:33, 24 AUG 2019

Derek Ferguson has labelled Michael Stewart "petty" after the pair were involved in a fierce debate over Rangers' role in sectarian chanting at Ibrox.

Ferguson and fellow BBC pundit Billy Dodds backed their former side over their full and frank reaction in the wake of UEFA's partial stadium closure for offensive singing within Ibrox.

At least 3000 supporters will miss Thursday's Europa League clash with Legia Warsaw on Thursday but Stewart reckons the club can do more and reckons binning orange strips is a must.

The club, Steven Gerrard and Dave King all delivered strong messages on Friday but the debate continues to rumble on.

The Ibrox side wore a 'tangerine' away kit last season but the former Hibs and Hearts midfielder reckons potential religious connotations means the colour should be scrapped.

Rangers previously had an orange kit in 2002/03 when the club was jam-packed with Dutch stars like Arthur Numan and Ronald De Boer.

But Stewart claims he isn't buying an ode to former players as the reason for the club choosing that look in recent seasons.

He told Sportsound : "Can you not recognise the connotations that has when there isn't a single Dutch player at the club.

"If you talk about what more the club can then not putting out orange strips, I don't think anyone would say why aren't we respecting our Dutch players that were here a generation ago.

"Clearly that doesn't help the situation.

"To say it's purely down to the Dutch players, even if you take that at face value. What benefit is that having to the whole debate?

But Derek Ferguson had heard enough.

He responded: "I think it's petty what you've come up with.

"In my opinion it's petty and I think orange strips were in respect to the Dutch players.

"Rangers are a family, we don't forget, and I absolutely love getting together with the Dutch boys during legends games.

But Stewart interjected: "Do you see the connotation that has now?"

BBC pundit Michael Stewart
(Image: BT Sport)
Ferguson bit back: "It's a marketing ploy by Rangers and it's in respect of the Dutch boys - that's what I think.

"That (religious connotation) never even crossed my mind, there you go."

But Stewart kept going and probed further: "Do you not think that crosses the mind of a section of the club's supporters?

Ferguson replied: "I don't know, I cannot read minds."

Stewart doubled down on his point after Billy Dodds interjected.

He added: "Clubs can wear whatever colour they want, you guys are making the suggestion, that the clubs are doing everything they can and I am countering that by saying 'no they are not'."

Right, how does the orange strip have religious connotations while me being called an "orange bastard" has none?

These wet blankets are after us for everything they can get!

Just call it orange and it stands for the protestant fans that have been the clubs traditional fanbase. To then say it should go would be an attack on that social religous group. Which isnt allowed. So we're told.

I agree but sometimes an army has to retreat to a more defendable position.

Some on here think the Sash and Derrys Walls arent on the hit list. They're wrong. Haggerty and Findlay wont stop ever.

I actually heard the sash on radio scotland a number of years ago, between the years 2004-2007. It was on a show called travelling folk, folk as in music I'd imagine, my flabber was well & truly gasted that night:)

Which part?
They proudly call themselves 19th Century Terrorists. They make banners about it. That word is now a punishable offence.
"The sky's the limit"? I cannot point to one instance in any walk of life where the "offended" were appeased and the outcome was "We're all good now".
Stop talking nonsense.

What’s your plan then? Keep singing the songs?

Stewart is an utter prick along with numerous others in the Press.

We have had umpteen Catholic players as well as Managers over the last 30 years and yet these pricks are still not happy.

Not happy until we are completely finished which will never, ever happen. The fact that Rangers have a Protestant tradition is not something to be ashamed of.......it is something to be proud of.

The uproar since yesterday has been completely over the top so let’s take it on the chin and move on as I am really pissed off with this. We have a game tomorrow and an even bigger one on Thursday.

Simple. You wear nothing with green in it and take down your flag and replace it with either the Union or Scottish flag and we will not wear orange.

I agree with banning sectarian songs and abuse in general and banning those from Ibrox who cause us problems ...but some idiot telling us what colour of strip not to wear shows just how stupid Stewart is. The man is not suitable as a broadcaster.

Simple really, that bastard Stewart just hates Rangers with a passion, any changes he gets he sticks the knife in right up to the hilt. He doesn't help the situation by always painting Rangers as the big old baddies, in fact he just inflames the situation by getting our backs up.

Which part?
You can,t appease haters mate.

Stewart is a no-mark who thinks his opinions will raise his snakes belly profile. Him and Sutton should move in together, a match made in purgatory.:mad::mad:

Perfect example. The singing stops, we move on to the color of the shirts. We dump the orange shirt then we'll be told the blue reminds him of how we used to have an orange shirt.
Then on to the Union Jack and it never ends.
The whole thing is a sham.
Precisely and this is why many bears need to
give themselves a good shake and waken up.

So what's your answer? Keep singing, keep taking the fines, keep taking the stadium closure. Sounds like a plan.

We clean up our act and we are in a position to highlight what's going on and fight back. Until then anything we say or do will be dismissed as sour grapes and whataboutery. The offending songs have no place at Ibrox in this day and age. Simple as that really.

I think everyone knows that the offending songs have to go, that's a given. I think what a lot of posters are highlighting is the attacks won't stop. FFS, one day after the Uefa story broke and we have calls for our orange kit to be binned. Even if it did come from an arse like Stewart it highlights the way these bassas are thinking. If supporters think that all we have to do is drop a few bad songs and everything will be tickety boo then they're in for a shock. Can't see the woods for the trees springs to mind.

A colour in itself is not sectarian or racist so naw

Good post. I have no quarrel with the lyrics of certain songs being deemed unacceptable but when it comes to someone like Michael Stewart trying to dictate the colour of of our jersey then I would politely tell him to gtf.

As I said on another thread we are the only club in the world that gets slated for wearing a certain colour of kit. They just want everything we do banned so they can feel better in themselves!!!
Massive chips on there shoulders!!

Back