Abd so it starts. Call to remove 'tangerine' kit

Stewart is institutionally biased against us. As an SNP supporter he hates our club and everything we stand for.
No matter what the club or fans do, nothing would ever be acceptable to his warped mind.
He is a fully paid up member of the permanently offended club.

What is your solution?
There is no silver bullet but it’s obvious that one key factor is the agenda against us, while others get away with hatred and bile worse than than anything we have been found guilty of. While I would have the restraint to not sing things that would get the club into trouble, it’s abundantly obvious that there will always be those for whom defiance is a justification while others are not punished.

Two things that absolutely must happen are:

- The Board start standing up for the club, challenging charges, looking for evidence and highlighting injustices and inconsistencies in the current system, with UEFA and demanding that FARE’s operations are laid bare and their agenda challenged.

- as a support we must harass UEFA and he mhedia to within an inch of their lives regarding the behaviour and singing of others, so it is made clear that this status quo cannot continue and that other cannot behave as they currently do with impunity.

Point one might need the fans to lobby the club.

Chip, chip, chip, they want us paralysed or dead.
Do the skanks not realise that the colours of the flag they love are green, white and orange?

There is no silver bullet but it’s obvious that one key factor is the agenda against us, while others get away with hatred and bile worse than than anything we have been found guilty of. While I would have the restraint to not sing things that would get the club into trouble, it’s abundantly obvious that there will always be those for whom defiance is a justification while others are not punished.

- The Board start standing up for the club, challenging charges, looking for evidence and highlighting injustices and inconsistencies in the current system, with UEFA and demanding that FARE’s operations are laid bare and their agenda challenged.

- as a support we must harass UEFA and he mhedia to within an inch of their lives regarding the behaviour and singing of others, so it is made clear that this status quo cannot continue and that other cannot behave as they currently do with impunity.

1. How can the board possibly stand up for the club when it’s so clear we’re in the wrong?

2. If people want to spend their lives doing that, fair enough.

IMO forget everyone else. Clean up our hymn sheet, as it so desperately needs cleaning up, and we’ll be just fine.

1. How can the board possibly stand up for the club when it’s so clear we’re in the wrong?

2. If people want to spend their lives doing that, fair enough.

IMO forget everyone else. Clean up our hymn sheet, as it so desperately needs cleaning up, and we’ll be just fine.
That sort of attitude has gotten us to where we are. Once they target one thing, they move onto the next. There has to be a line in the sand where we start to stick up for ourselves. It’s not a case of defending the indefensible, it’s a case of challenging the system and the agenda of FARE, etc. The behaviour of the scum that support Celtc and the lack of punishment of them and others has to be challenged. If you don’t stand up for yourself, you will always be the easy target.

Michael Stewart is a non entity buffoon who harbours a grudge against us because we told him straight he was a second rate player who would never amount to much! Wouldn't give the prick house room. Total arsehole.

Reactions: VGM
So by that fucking imbeciles logic the IRA teams that get carté blanché to walk the streets of Glasgow who wear Green have religious connotations that are offensive so Hibs and Septic can no longer wear Green strips, I mean fairs fair.

That sort of attitude has gotten us to where we are. Once they target one thing, they move onto the next. There has to be a line in the sand where we start to stick up for ourselves. It’s not a case of defending the indefensible, it’s a case of challenging the system and the agenda of FARE, etc. The behaviour of the scum that support Celtc and the lack of punishment of them and others has to be challenged. If you don’t stand up for yourself, you will always be the easy target.
Where are we exactly?

Singing what we want for the past few years. Anything goes really. 2019 and still singing about 19th Century Terrorists and the Pope. Only now UEFA have gone after TBB again, as they did 13 years ago. Many on here believing it’s fair enough.

You make it out as though we’re not being allowed to sing or do anything.

Going back to the topic at hand, we did release an orange strip last year and wore it on a good few occasions. No problems.

Stewart is one bitter and twisted individual. His arrogant whiny voice nips ma nut. Last season his mission was to get Alfie banned at every possible opportunity via Trial by Sphortscene. Now he is jumping on the SFA/SPFL have done nothing about Rangers and their big bad fans for years, the discussion over the orange strip is just pathetic. Are Scumdee United pushing a sectarian jersey? How many other clubs have an orange strip are they all pandering to the orange order, which lets face it is really only truly supported/ followed by a very small number of Rangers fans, despite the popular belief that we all march along with the walk, sing songs in the key of "d" and are born playing a flute.

I am sick of this whole lazy argument and dumbing down of the issue by the media.

I also noted that Cowan and Cosgrove today called for people to text in, or whatever to their show about the issue but then also said implicitly that they did not want any "whataboutery"... by this of course they were really saying,... what we do not want is any Rangers fan raising the issue of the IRA-oke and why that rancid club haven't similarly been censured. Sick of the bloody lot of them. %^*& the BBC, %^*& Radio Snyde, this is exactly just what they ALL wanted.

I don't agree with Mickie Stewart but I don't like the tangerine and black tops tracmies or scarves as it loolks far too much like Dundee hibs gear and I hate those mickie badturts

Where are we exactly?

Singing what we want for the past few years. Anything goes really. 2019 and still singing about 19th Century Terrorists and the Pope. Only now UEFA have gone after TBB again, as they did 13 years ago. Many on here believing it’s fair enough.

You make it out as though we’re not being allowed to sing or do anything.

Going back to the topic at hand, we did release an orange strip last year and wore it on a good few occasions. No problems.
As I have posted elsewhere, the songs they are going after are those that we have sung with the greatest voracity over time and those that have helped make Ibrox an intimidating place at times in Europe. By preventing the singing of these songs, we lose that. The traditional Rangers songs, e.g. Wolverhampton Town, Down the Copland Road, etc. will never be as intimidating, it’s just the nature of the songs and how they are sung. Other clubs, let’s say Celtc, are still allowed to sing their bile that generates an intimidating atmosphere at their hovel and so we are being penalised and losing an advantage that they have. That’s not acceptable. Our position is weakened and that’s where we are.

We already now have pish about banning our tangerine strip. If you can’t see the pattern, the systematic targeting of Rangers and constantly having to defend ourselves from a back foot position because we never defend ourselves then that’s your problem. These scumbags will never stop attacking us. We have to start standing up for ourselves.

Only a matter of time until we have nothing left as a club.
From the Daily Record

Derek Ferguson and Michael Stewart in Rangers on-air ding-dong as pair clash over orange strips
Ferguson and fellow BBC pundit Billy Dodds backed their former side but Stewart claims the Ibrox side can do more in the wake of their UEFA sectarian hammer blow.

ByGraeme Young
15:26, 24 AUG 2019UPDATED15:33, 24 AUG 2019

Derek Ferguson has labelled Michael Stewart "petty" after the pair were involved in a fierce debate over Rangers' role in sectarian chanting at Ibrox.

Ferguson and fellow BBC pundit Billy Dodds backed their former side over their full and frank reaction in the wake of UEFA's partial stadium closure for offensive singing within Ibrox.

At least 3000 supporters will miss Thursday's Europa League clash with Legia Warsaw on Thursday but Stewart reckons the club can do more and reckons binning orange strips is a must.

The club, Steven Gerrard and Dave King all delivered strong messages on Friday but the debate continues to rumble on.

The Ibrox side wore a 'tangerine' away kit last season but the former Hibs and Hearts midfielder reckons potential religious connotations means the colour should be scrapped.

Rangers previously had an orange kit in 2002/03 when the club was jam-packed with Dutch stars like Arthur Numan and Ronald De Boer.

But Stewart claims he isn't buying an ode to former players as the reason for the club choosing that look in recent seasons.

He told Sportsound : "Can you not recognise the connotations that has when there isn't a single Dutch player at the club.

"If you talk about what more the club can then not putting out orange strips, I don't think anyone would say why aren't we respecting our Dutch players that were here a generation ago.

"Clearly that doesn't help the situation.

"To say it's purely down to the Dutch players, even if you take that at face value. What benefit is that having to the whole debate?

But Derek Ferguson had heard enough.

He responded: "I think it's petty what you've come up with.

"In my opinion it's petty and I think orange strips were in respect to the Dutch players.

"Rangers are a family, we don't forget, and I absolutely love getting together with the Dutch boys during legends games.

But Stewart interjected: "Do you see the connotation that has now?"

BBC pundit Michael Stewart
(Image: BT Sport)
Ferguson bit back: "It's a marketing ploy by Rangers and it's in respect of the Dutch boys - that's what I think.

"That (religious connotation) never even crossed my mind, there you go."

But Stewart kept going and probed further: "Do you not think that crosses the mind of a section of the club's supporters?

Ferguson replied: "I don't know, I cannot read minds."

Stewart doubled down on his point after Billy Dodds interjected.

He added: "Clubs can wear whatever colour they want, you guys are making the suggestion, that the clubs are doing everything they can and I am countering that by saying 'no they are not'."
So Stewart said we should ban our tangerine strip because of its connotations so by that reckoning the tramps should be removing all traces of tricolours from their club/support because of its connotations right?

OK Mickey , we won't sing any songs at all, celebrate any goals, wear any colour you deem offensive, stamp on any sandcastles, mow our pitch in a sectarian manner, serve Eggs benedict in our restaurants, display the flag of our Brittanic isles, remove Green smarties from their tubes before sale at stadium kiosks or mention the sellik Paedo's ring ever again. Happy?

Yet it seems all they have ever managed to achieve is to get UEFA to ban us from using one word and two specific songs/chants.

I think the orange jerseys will be safe indefinitely.

These slippery slope arguments are based on nothing tangible at all.

Right now we have no strict liability in Scotland at all. They aren't going to punish the club over orange kits or flying the Union Jack or doing the bouncy. There is nothing to suggest these things will ever be banned in any capacity.

UEFA have shown them the ONLY route to effectively punishing us. A single word that we could easily, EASILY, stop using. A couple of songs that could easily go away.

Then they have NOTHING.

Don't know why people are fear mongering to this degree.

Let them rant and rave.

Sing Rangers songs and keep ourselves out of bother and then laugh at the inevitable implosion when we are champions of Scotland again.
Little michael is an attention seeking wee walloper.
The UEFA action is a response to 19th Century Terrorist incorrectly, and supposedly, meaning catholics. It has absolutely no connection to fans singing about what they think represents the broader Rangers support (even if that is not me). The UEFA punishment was for one word incorrectly being deemed as sectarian.
It was a response to not being able to state a dislike for 19th Century Terrorists, whether that be protestant 19th Century Terrorists, catholic 19th Century Terrorists or atheist 19th Century Terrorists. It was definitely not what little michael is suggesting which is self loathing. That may be part of his sad existence but it's not part of mine.
The flag of a foreign country on Celtic strips and training gear has orange as one of the 3 colours. Is that sectarian or does it just represent a section of a community.

Someone needs to call this prick out on what he means. Is he seriously saying that if we wear an orange strip that it is sectarian? My interpretation of that is that by default he is saying the orange order are sectarian?

The orange order or club 1872 should call this idiot out. He is a crackpot who has somehow manoeuvred himself into a position that he gets exposure to spout his bitterness against our club at every opportunity.

Thinking about it, our club should call him out on what he means. It’s a fkn disgrace that he gets away with bringing something as absurd as this up. Anyone with a modicum of sense would destroy his argument and expose him as the bigot that HE clearly is.

Stop talking nonsense.

What’s your plan then? Keep singing the songs?
What part is nonsense?
There isn't any scenario where I can remember an offended group getting their way and then stopping attacking the group that offended them. I'm all ears if you can tell me different.
My plan? Did I have a plan?
I never said to keep singing FTP, etc in any songs. The glaring obvious point you missed is that this doesn't stop. That's all I'm saying. People keep saying things like "Win on the park and this goes away", yet the exact opposite appears to be true. The more successful we becoming the worse it gets. We win 55, we stop singing "bad songs" and they will ramp up a little more.
Do you have a plan when it moves from songs to some other offensive aspect of out club?

Doesn't change the fact the TBB and FTP have to go. This stuff comes from the half wit Michael Stewart. No one but no one is coming after us for orange strips.
You must have missed the past (almost) 20 years where our Oranje final is still a contentious issue.
It is basically a given that when the songs stop the orange shirt will be one of the next issues.
I hope you are right that we stop singing bad songs and it all goes away. But it won't.

We can do both .

But the first thing we do has to be STOP the shitey addons , and 5 songs /chants -

Billy boys
Super rangers
No pope of rome
Bobby sands
IRA/50 pence

Addons

That’s first before anything else . It’s not going to go away - it must stop now .

It’ll be a cold day in hell before a fucking SNP reject tells us what colour of kit we can wear.

If you’re looking in Michael - the SNP rejected you. In the last 2 elections they were putting yellow ribbons on plant pots and they still rejected you.

You are the fuckwit’s fuckwit.

We also need to harass UEFA about fare and their agenda.

The Irish flag is green,white and orange .hibs and Celtic claim to celebrate their Irish roots .but don,t have any orange in their kits.so would Michel Steward have a problem with that.

Said several times give it a few months of no sectarian singing at Ibrox and they will find something else to beat us with.

This is just the beginning.

Ban the sectarian shite.
Be prepared for what comes next.

A poll by Rangers to include an Orange top would be, by popular demand, a sure winner. Are Rangers as a club, being religiously sectarian or giving their support what they want and at the same time, making the club a few well earned pounds?

The closing of a section for the warsaw game gives bitter loonies like Stewart an opening to unleash all that hatred no matter how small, such as orange kit. Don't give the idiot the attention he craves

I am an Athiest and religion and the Orange Order have no interest to me.
I wear an Orange waterproof jacket on matchdays,not because I support the Orange Order,it's because I like the colour....Stewart and the tims are nitpicking now

From wikipedia:
"Presented as a gift in 1848 to Thomas Francis Meagher from a small group of French women sympathetic to the Irish cause,[3][4] it was intended to symbolise the inclusion and hoped-for union between Roman Catholics and Protestants, the significance of the colours outlined by Meagher was, "The white in the centre signifies a lasting truce between Orange and Green and I trust that beneath its folds the hands of Irish Protestants and Irish Catholics may be clasped in generous and heroic brotherhood.""

Both celtic and hibs strips pay homage to their Irish roots yet strangely there is no orange anywhere to be seen????
What say you Michael? Why is that? Why is it even referred to as green, white and gold without question?

Naw. Not interested? Aye right ye are. Just what I thought.
Interesting, I didn't know that

I've just told the twat on Twitter if he is so concerned about the colour orange and his connotations why has he said nothing about 60000 Celtic fans singing about our manager being a sad orange bastard

He's an attention seeker re Rangers, that's why the BBC employ him. On message. The most obsessed bheast fan will be raging at our orange strip, especially as they can do nothing about it.

Said several times give it a few months of no sectarian singing at Ibrox and they will find something else to beat us with.

This is just the beginning.

Ban the sectarian shite.
Be prepared for what comes next.
Tims can be offended by the Sash or Derry walls, but there is nothing in them which could get us banned. It's an Irish folk song like the Soldiers song.

Tims can be offended by the Sash or Derry walls, but there is nothing in them which could get us banned. It's an Irish folk song like the Soldiers song.
That won't matter.
See the thread regarding a break down of what FARE find acceptable or not.
This is not over by a long shot.

The mans a bell-end,pure and simple,,,let's get him foaming at the mouth and roll out another strip,,,I suggest the Crystal Palace top they wore yesterday,,,,A magnificent red,white and blue SASH right down the front ,,the fuckwit would still try and spin it to make us look bad,,,Prick,,,
W.A.T.P.

I have no interest or involvement in the Orange Order, but I see no problem with a shirt that reflects that element of the culture of our support. There is nothing sectarian about it.
Exactly. If the Orange shirt is viewed as supporting the links with our fan base and the Orange Order then that is positive support and shouldn't be regarded as negative.

As long as we try to be positive in our support of the team, the support itself, and the organisations that we have been linked to, then there's less chance of anything damaging the club. It's only when we start being negative about the opposition that problems may arise.

What is allowed in a sporting rivalry, in terms of being negative to the opposition, is a gray area but it's safe to say that nobody should be shouting FTP or saying anything negative about 19th Century Terrorists at the Legia game. Hopefully that is all that's needed.

This won’t go down well, but there’s a valid point in this argument.

The Club knew exactly what they were doing in producing an orange strip. They looked for financial gain, from the leanings of the support. So, whilst taking the media out of the equation, they profited from a view that they now seem to find repugnant. The UB’s have been thrown under the bus throughout this situation, but the Club encouraged supporters to buy an orange strip, solely down to the fact they knew it’d sell well.

Before anyone responds, tell me if you think a yellow, pink, purple or multicoloured top would’ve sold as well.

The Club can’t criticise with one hand, and profit in the other. They need to pick a stance and stick to it.

Edit - I don’t have an issue with the top, just the Clubs ‘flip-flop’ view. They can’t have it both ways.

Orange is a colour synonymous with a large proportion of our supports heritage. When did it become sectarian to wear a colour of shirt? Should i be ashamed to be protestant now? I haven't been singing the Billy boys but I bought an orange top, should I just stay away from Ibrox?

The club quite rightly produced a shirt that the fans would buy, for years on here we've been clamouring for it and why shouldn't they?

People falling over themselves to blame the club over this are ridiculous

We as a support need to take responsibility for this, we've been warned numerous times, but since the offensive behaviour at the football act was repealed some seem to think they are bullet proof.

Well guess what there are 3000 bullets heading out way on Thursday when the players need us the most.

To support some fucking arse hole like Michael Stewart opinions on a kit we aren't even wearing is ridiculous, no other club on earth gets vilified like we do, let's stop falling over ourselves to agree with these cunts

The Nazis and the Republican bigots thought they had destroyed us once, and failed miserably. they are now trying a different tactic, and they will fail miserably again.
The undeniable message is - 'We breathe therefore we offend'.
While it is true we must fight back, we cannot make it easy for them. This is a fight for our very survival as a club. The idea that we could be destroyed by cockroaches like Stewart (apologies to all cockroaches) is laughable, but there are much more clever and powerful people pushing his buttons.

Was last seasons kit. This season we don’t have a tangerine kit. Why is this being hauled up now?

That won't matter.
See the thread regarding a break down of what FARE find acceptable or not.
This is not over by a long shot.
Stop talking nonsense.

They can only ban what is deemed unacceptable. Like it or not, “up to our knees in 19th Century Terrorist blood” falls into that category.

Back