Abdelhak Nouri out of Coma after nearly 3 years!

2.5 years, fucking hell...

Poor guy, I wonder if he'll ever be the same again. According to his brother he still can't speak and can only communicate using his eyebrows...

Amazing news. That sort of thing is almost too much to comprehend.

Imagine coming to terms with waking up after that length of time (and to the news of the World as it is just now too)

One battle been won and another just beginning because that must take some real psychological strength to get over being in a coma for that length of time

Double checked this and theres an article from August 2018 saying he had woken and could recognise his family and communicate at a very basic level. The article I read from today said very much the same thing so not sure where this has come fro

Incredible news. He's going to have another battle now, perhaps the hardest he's faced. Good luck to him and I hope he wins it.

To finally wake after 2.5 years to be told your in lockdown and cant go out!

In all seriousness it's incredible and best wishes to him, long battle ahead, hope he can kick on and get some form of life back. Can only imagine how his family feel, would be amazing for them.

This shows how incredible medical equipment and capability of staff is in this day and age.

Whilst it's a fantastic recovery, the mental well-being of a player who has achieved at that level is now the most important thing, especially as he is so mentally and physically impaired.

His family are his life now.

Good luck to all involved.

Good news , although sadly has “ severe and permanent brain damage “. Horrible thing to happen to anyone , But Happening to a seemingly healthy 22 year old is crazy.

Back