Aberdeen and Celtic could face coronavirus sanctions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye. On the park where they have direct control over what goes on. How the fvck can McInnes stop half his squad going to the pub? Turn up at their house and barricade them in? The players are adults and there comes a point where they must take responsibility.

If I get caught speeding on the way to work, I wouldn't expect my employer to be fined because I'm an adult and it's my responsibility.
I think there’s a difference if a player then plays a match. If a club was to try and cover up such a transgression then it would need to be expulsion from the league.

Something has to be done, they simply can’t get away with a slap on the wrist.

The punishment needs to fit the crime. The crime put the continuation of Scottish football at risk.

They’ll hand Hearts a transfer ban and start them on -10pts - that’ll really teach the sheep and the scum, won’t it?

Aye. On the park where they have direct control over what goes on. How the fvck can McInnes stop half his squad going to the pub? Turn up at their house and barricade them in? The players are adults and there comes a point where they must take responsibility.

If I get caught speeding on the way to work, I wouldn't expect my employer to be fined because I'm an adult and it's my responsibility.
So a player gives an interview and says the refs are cheating cùnts.
You think the club are getting away with that?

Won’t happen, window dressing
Oh, it will happen. They'll get a sanction.
The same that we or any other club will get under same circumstances.
Aberdeen will have a hearing and possible appeal.
Then Celtic will get the same a week later.
They'll turn up with 11 lawyers and it'll be deemed impossible to sanction them after the fact but any punishment in future will be punished.

It's just a big puppet show.

The clubs have only broken the rules if they told their players to spend a night in the pub or told Bolingoli to disappear to Spain for a night. They clearly didn't. The Aberdeen 8 and Bolingoli are all adults. They shouldn't need a responsible adult to be tracking their movement and reminding them that they can't go out.
The clubs should have laid down their own sets of rules, if they haven't communicated to their players the need for responsible behaviour then the clubs need to be held to account. Just the same as the SPFL and the SFA need to be held to account for not having a set of rules for covid breaches.

Players who clearly breach the rules should have their league registration forms put in the bin for a start, they are putting football at risk for everyone.

Something has to be done, they simply can’t get away with a slap on the wrist.

The punishment needs to fit the crime. The crime put the continuation of Scottish football at risk.

They’ll hand Hearts a transfer ban and start them on -10pts - that’ll really teach the sheep and the scum, won’t it?
The argument will be that no rules were broken and no charge available under the current rules. Well possibly for the only time we are likely to see a charge they dreamed up a couple of seasons ago will be relevant. Remember that charge they issued to lego muncher that would never stick in a million years. The acting against the interests of association football. Well for me that charge fits what has went on and should be used. I won't hold my breath.

From STV

Aberdeen and Celtic, in addition to their players, could face charges and sanctions from the footballing authorities on Friday after the SPFL introduced new Covid safety rules, STV can reveal.

Eight Aberdeen players broke rules when they visited a city restaurant and pub recently, while Celtic’s Boli Bolingoli took a trip to Spain without telling his club and failed to quarantine on his return, playing against Kilmarnock days later.

STV has learned that while the players will be dealt with by the SFA, clubs face potential punishment from the SPFL.

The league’s board made an addition to the SPFL rulebook in recent weeks that allows for action.

An annex to the league’s rules and regulations lays out the responsibility for clubs to follow the rules on distancing and to adhere to any changes to the guidelines and safety and protection measures. It also has specific instructions and rules regarding the regular testing of players and staff.

Where a club is accused of breaking the new rules an SPFL disciplinary hearing would be convened where the club would be able to attend and give their side.

In a statement issued through their Joint Response Group on Thursday, the governing body and league said that existing rules will “be strengthened to include the provision of sanctions for players who do not adhere to COVID-specific football protocols or government health guidelines”.

The SFA’s compliance officer is expected to charge Celtic’s Bolingoli and the eight Aberdeen players with bringing the game into disrepute, or with failing to act in the best interests of Scottish football.

The Joint Response Group’s announcement on Thursday came after discussions with the Scottish Government, who had warned that Scottish football was on a final warning after the Celtic and Aberdeen incidents.

Both teams have had games postponed as a result. Senior figures at Pittodrie and Celtic Park have apologised to fellow clubs and to the authorities and have made clear their anger at the actions of the individuals involved.
They are so mad at the scum they will deduct 10 points from Rangers.

Not a hope in hell that the mentally challengeds will be punished with a points deduction. A paltry fine possibly as a token gesture possibly.
It should of course a 3-0 result for their opponents for each match missed but it won't be.

While people are doubting that anything major is coming.

It is stated as SPFL sanctions.

SPFL as in the competition of the league.

Most disciplinaries Rangers have faced over the last decade has been at SFA level in terms of disrepute etc.

Hearts and Partick Thistle were fined by the SFA recently.

This is the actual competition of the league.

An example

Hearts fined and deducted points by SPFL for fielding ineligible player

Hearts have been deducted two points and fined £10,000 by the Scottish Professional Football League for fielding an ineligible player in the Betfred Cup.

There may yet be a paltry fine, we await and prepare not to be remotely shocked, tomorrow

The clubs have only broken the rules if they told their players to spend a night in the pub or told Bolingoli to disappear to Spain for a night. They clearly didn't. The Aberdeen 8 and Bolingoli are all adults. They shouldn't need a responsible adult to be tracking their movement and reminding them that they can't go out.
The clubs are responsible for their players!
There‘s an issue with games getting played against weekend teams due to quarantine.
The games have had to be postponed due to irresponsible actions of players, not a frozen pitch.
The clubs must be punished, and it’s normally a forfeit of the game.

Spot on mate.

Sometimes I genuinely wonder with some of our own.(inverted commas):))
In the midst of a pandemic, a filth player breaking the law and putting lives at risk, with the filth knowing and allowing him to play we have posters on here trying to tell us they have acted appropriately and the blame lies entirely with the player.

Funnily enough, said poster has previously defended Mike Ashley.

If the CO decides that the players should be suspended, then it will be interesting to see what games they miss, as the Sheep will be missing virtually their full team.

Normally a suspension kicks in at a set time after reaching the points threshold or the next game after a Red Card, but this is different. She has the power to decide when she takes action and when any hearing will be held, thus when the suspension will take place.

No doubt she has already had a look at the fixture list to see when the Sheep next play Celtc.

Will be a paltry fine and don’t do it again. Would be interesting to see what rules have actually been added in the recent weeks and if harsh punishments could be given out then Bolingoli would’ve been sacked for his secret trip by now.

Clubs can be punished for an individuals actions.

Greatest example is how Rangers got heavily punished for Craig Whyte's actions.

They will get a fine tomorrow and rules will be changed so in future it’s a points deduction. I’d honestly rather players got punished but teams didn’t . If points deductions start to happen then I’d put my house on us getting one if we are ahead . We all know how this is gonna unfold .

They will get a fine tomorrow and rules will be changed so in future it’s a points deduction. I’d honestly rather players got punished but teams didn’t . If points deductions start to happen then I’d put my house on us getting one if we are ahead . We all know how this is gonna unfold .
Think it depends on the facts.
Aberdeen can’t really be responsible for their players going out
IF celtic knew Bolingoli was in Spain and still played him then they should be punished too. If they didn’t then hard to punish them

Think it depends on the facts.
Aberdeen can’t really be responsible for their players going out
IF celtic knew Bolingoli was in Spain and still played him then they should be punished too. If they didn’t then hard to punish them

yeah I would accept that. But I just have the fear of us being ahead with these rules in place. They would find a way by hook or by crook to dock is points. They need to make the rule changes public. It can’t be on a case by case basis.

Im sure a stern warning and just dont do it again will suffice. However if any other team donit from now on then its points deducted and bans.

A fellow Bear in my office was having a pop at the resident bheast today and said bheast said “Nothing will happen to us. Haven’t you heard of “the silent 19th Century Terrorist hand?””. Implying they’re involved with every injustice.

Could but won't.

Punishments will only apply to anything that happens from now on.

That article says Eight Aberdeen players broke rules when they went to a restaurant and pub. Is that actually breaking the current guidelines? I thought we could go for a pint and meal?
I *think* the only rule they broke was too many households out together, but I'm not 100%

I *think* the only rule they broke was too many households out together, but I'm not 100%
It doesn’t matter what rules they broke.
There was conditions for allowing football to start back, which they broke.
Being in the most popular pub, thats well known that the Aberdeen players drink in regularly, is stupid.

It doesn’t matter what rules they broke.
There was conditions for allowing football to start back, which they broke.
Being in the most popular pub, thats well known that the Aberdeen players drink in regularly, is stupid.
I don't disagree with you. Someone asked if they even broke any coronavirus rules, and that was my reply.

Forfeit games they have missed 3-0

Cheers.

One can dream

I wouldn't want this tbh. You'd get opposition fans going about trying to infect players and their families to try and cause postponements/forfeits.

I agree Celtic should get a 3-0 defeat for killie as it was an ineligible player (no matter what wordplay they want to put on it). But players could easily catch this through no fault of their own so wouldn't want it being an auto forfeit.

Where are Killie in all this? If I was their chairman, manager or captain I’d be fighting tooth and nail for the three points. Why no statement on the matter?
I said on another thread on this,
no other club will ask for another to be hammered in case it’s us next time.
a club can’t keep track of their staff, it’s not possible.
all they can do is keep the paper work up to date, just like health and safety documents in your workplace.

Not read through the whole thread, so i am not sure if this point has been made, but there was a brilliant point on H&H today. If these teams aren't punished, there is nothing stopping another club who is having some injury issues to trigger some sort of breach that lets them get a few weeks off.

You know if Bolignoli hadn't went to Spain, Aberdeen would have been hit hard with likely points forfeited.

If it was us and the sheep, we'd already have had the games forfeited. You'll have to pick me up from the floor if they hand the mentally challengeds anything but a pocket change fine.

From STV

Aberdeen and Celtic, in addition to their players, could face charges and sanctions from the footballing authorities on Friday after the SPFL introduced new Covid safety rules, STV can reveal.

Eight Aberdeen players broke rules when they visited a city restaurant and pub recently, while Celtic’s Boli Bolingoli took a trip to Spain without telling his club and failed to quarantine on his return, playing against Kilmarnock days later.

STV has learned that while the players will be dealt with by the SFA, clubs face potential punishment from the SPFL.

The league’s board made an addition to the SPFL rulebook in recent weeks that allows for action.

An annex to the league’s rules and regulations lays out the responsibility for clubs to follow the rules on distancing and to adhere to any changes to the guidelines and safety and protection measures. It also has specific instructions and rules regarding the regular testing of players and staff.

Where a club is accused of breaking the new rules an SPFL disciplinary hearing would be convened where the club would be able to attend and give their side.

In a statement issued through their Joint Response Group on Thursday, the governing body and league said that existing rules will “be strengthened to include the provision of sanctions for players who do not adhere to COVID-specific football protocols or government health guidelines”.

The SFA’s compliance officer is expected to charge Celtic’s Bolingoli and the eight Aberdeen players with bringing the game into disrepute, or with failing to act in the best interests of Scottish football.

The Joint Response Group’s announcement on Thursday came after discussions with the Scottish Government, who had warned that Scottish football was on a final warning after the Celtic and Aberdeen incidents.

Both teams have had games postponed as a result. Senior figures at Pittodrie and Celtic Park have apologised to fellow clubs and to the authorities and have made clear their anger at the actions of the individuals involved.

failing to act in best interests of the game

that could be levelled right at Doncaster’s door

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back