Aberdeen and Celtic could face coronavirus sanctions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether they knew that Bolongoli went to Spain or not, and I think they did.
He knew that he was going and it was a 14 day quarantine on return, now do you think he didn't discuss this before going? And was given the go ahead.
All the usual cover up, sweep sweep.
Player and club both fcking guilty.

I said on another thread on this,
no other club will ask for another to be hammered in case it’s us next time.
a club can’t keep track of their staff, it’s not possible.
all they can do is keep the paper work up to date, just like health and safety documents in your workplace.

So Killie are willing to forfeit their opportunity for three points now, for the sake of a bridge they may never cross?

I mean you might be right, although I think it’s a completely backward standpoint.

The clubs have only broken the rules if they told their players to spend a night in the pub or told Bolingoli to disappear to Spain for a night. They clearly didn't. The Aberdeen 8 and Bolingoli are all adults. They shouldn't need a responsible adult to be tracking their movement and reminding them that they can't go out.
That's if you actually belive that Celtic had no idea that their player went to Spain.

People can defend them all they want. Bolingoli played versus killie when he was not allowed to do so. It doesn't matter who knew what. He was not eligible under the current conditions and protocols to participate in that game.

There has to be sanctions

It’s going to be interesting to see what, if any, punishment is dished out.

i have a feeling they will get a slap,on the wrists!

It might be out of Doncaster's hands, Sturgeon might have told him if you want the league to continue you need to make an example out of everyone involved in this.
There is zero chance of that. They are all one of the same kind I’m afraid.

Players will be fined. That way Aberdeen will get x8 fines and Celtic x1 - that’s what PL wants as he is seething at their player.

Clubs a small slap on the wrist.

This is corrupt Scotland remember.

The clubs have only broken the rules if they told their players to spend a night in the pub or told Bolingoli to disappear to Spain for a night. They clearly didn't. The Aberdeen 8 and Bolingoli are all adults. They shouldn't need a responsible adult to be tracking their movement and reminding them that they can't go out.
Whilst I fully agree with this stance, I also find it hard to believe that no-one within that club knew Boli was in Spain. Whether that be management, staff, coaches or players. I can guarantee you that someone knew.

Nippy Nic wont upset her Republican voters.
She already has upset them by 'expecting' their games not to be played. You have to give her some due, she was feckin livid with Aberdeen and more so with Celti.c Leitch wouldve been told to lay it on the line for the SFA/SPFL. We are on the brink of a second (continuation of the first ?) Covid wave. Footballers are role models. People copy them. Theres no scope for fannying about. Govt will stop football again in the blink of an eye if it doesnt behave. Unfortunately football authorities in this country are so twisted/inept they are guaranteed to make a Jeremy Hunt of every response they come up with eg the Hearts situation.

I believe the SPFL failed in their resolution to let them make it up as they go along on COVID situations.

So when did the clubs vote these new rules in?

A points deduction is unlikely to happen. It would be a massive step and would set a precedent that they would have to live with.

They need to be clear what the ‘rules’ are and how they will treat situations like the sheep and the tramps where their players have fcuked up as compared to a club that just takes an unlucky hit.

Doncaster must have knowledge of the whereabouts of a huge number of bodies. The number of serious cock-ups he is now responsible for without receiving a P45 beggars belief.

2 completely different scenarios happened. The rules re quarantine are clear - 14 days self isolation - coming back from Spain. The club and player have to be punished for this. Regarding the Aberdeen players it was just unlucky stupid, yeah but unlucky none the less.

Whilst I fully agree with this stance, I also find it hard to believe that no-one within that club knew Boli was in Spain. Whether that be management, staff, coaches or players. I can guarantee you that someone knew.
Agree with you mate .but the Scottish media are simply following the Celtic line as usual.not one so called journalist has the balls to look into this.

She already has upset them by 'expecting' their games not to be played. You have to give her some due, she was feckin livid with Aberdeen and more so with Celti.c Leitch wouldve been told to lay it on the line for the SFA/SPFL. We are on the brink of a second (continuation of the first ?) Covid wave. Footballers are role models. People copy them. Theres no scope for fannying about. Govt will stop football again in the blink of an eye if it doesnt behave. Unfortunately football authorities in this country are so twisted/inept they are guaranteed to make a Jeremy Hunt of every response they come up with eg the Hearts situation.
They,'ll need to wait until Celtic are top of the league mate . So they award them another title.

I wouldn't want this tbh. You'd get opposition fans going about trying to infect players and their families to try and cause postponements/forfeits.

I agree Celtic should get a 3-0 defeat for killie as it was an ineligible player (no matter what wordplay they want to put on it). But players could easily catch this through no fault of their own so wouldn't want it being an auto forfeit.

Yeah was more in punishment to him blatantly disregarding the rules. Not through no fault of players catching it etc

Think it depends on the facts.
Aberdeen can’t really be responsible for their players going out
IF celtic knew Bolingoli was in Spain and still played him then they should be punished too. If they didn’t then hard to punish them
Employers are responsible for their subordinates actions, that’s a fact. That’s why the Catholic Church gets sued for having paedo priests, which is why Celtic are perusing the separate entity pish in order to wriggle out of their responsibilities.

f.uck the separatist cow .

wasn’t too livid sending old folk back to nursing homes without proper Covid testing and wasn’t embarrassed by hiding behind a pandemic from her party’s shambolic handling of just about anything .

also large numbers of her ministers are bitter republicans .

Part of me would prefer if they weren't docked any points.

If/when we win this title, I want it to be solely due to on-field efforts.

Leave the asterisk titles for the other mob.
"F8ck that", if its good for the Goose its good enough for the Gander. They should be docked points the player was ineligible, this is part of the problem sucking it up while these other c3nts are untouchable.

I really don't understand this point of view, and sadly it's growing in popularity.

Are you, and others, really suggesting that CFC can do what they like, break any rule they like and not be punished?

The mentally challengeds love using the letter of the law, rules are rules and any technicality is right and proper - as long as they as a club benefit.

When CFC step out of line I want them punished, and seen to be punished. And let's not forget that as well as punishment there are the consequences of that puishment to be tagged on.

The Tims clearly feel having to play in an empty stadium, by rescheduling their games there is a chance that those games will be played in front of fans.

When they're rescheduled it should be in an empty stadium, if the crowds are back.

Otherwise the 'punishment' will actually be reward.

The statement above clearly is directed at the players. The club gets to sweep...

Of course the bheggars should get a point deduction. There is no way a first team player disappears to Spain without the Club knowing. Of course IF it was us we would have points deducted. Of course they won’t. This is the cesspool they call Scotland

I see fines heading to both clubs. I would suggest around equal sized. Aberdeen had more players involved, but Celtic actually fielded a player who should have been isolating, so now have a full squad isolating.

No way will they go down the points route:
1. Will definitly trigger appeals, which will drag on and on.
2. It's their attempt at the tainted 10, no way will they be seen to harm that in any way.

I really don't understand this point of view, and sadly it's growing in popularity.

Are you, and others, really suggesting that CFC can do what they like, break any rule they like and not be punished?

The mentally challengeds love using the letter of the law, rules are rules and any technicality is right and proper - as long as they as a club benefit.

When CFC step out of line I want them punished, and seen to be punished. And let's not forget that as well as punishment there are the consequences of that puishment to be tagged on.

Exactly this there is a huge difference between your closest challenger being deducted points for flaunting the rules than having the league stopped part way and the title awarded on a platter.

If Covid FC have 3 or 30 points deducted this season there would be no Astrix and can't in any way shape or form be compared to the tainted title we saw last season.

Whilst I agree with you in principal, I`m the opposite.

At the end of the season, IF we win the league, I want them absolutely fkking seething that we got at least 10 ponts off them due to sanctions. That way I can ram it right up them with "well you started the shitshow" etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back