Aberdeen and Hibs games just kicking off

Aberdeen are a total joke. We aren't keeping 2 CL spots for long btw. No one but us has any clue on how to play in Europe.
Don’t know what gives you that impression were there just now with no other massive contribution to the CoEf since Celtic under Lennon

watched about 10 min there, the sheep are dreadful. if they think broonie is their saviour then god help them, cause he wont. in a team full of dross he blends in perfectly. cant pass, cant hold onto the ball, cant shoot...... they could actually get relegated if they play like this in the league.

I noticed larne are winning again tonight which would be a ridiculous achievement. They were 14/1 before kick off!

watched about 10 min there, the sheep are dreadful. if they think broonie is their saviour then god help them, cause he wont. in a team full of dross he blends in perfectly. cant pass, cant hold onto the ball, cant shoot...... they could actually get relegated if they play like this in the league.
It's like watching a different team from last week, the Sheep actually played well but tonight? Normal service has been resumed it seems.

Both teams through.

Austria Vienna are hopeless, so Aberdeen should get past them.

HNK Rijeka are going to put Hibs away with ease, though.

Theyre still going through, to face an Icelandic team as it stands.

Looking at the teams playing in these qualifiers, It would be poor if Scotland didn’t get at least one of these teams into the group stages
The play offf round will be tough. Most better than both Hibs and Aberdeen.

After watching that tonight it's up to us to carry the coefficient as usual.

Next round:

Rangers Vs Malmo (We'll win)

But

Hibs Vs Rijeka (Out IMO)
Sheep Vs Breidabek (looks like) (also good for us as that will eliminate an Austrian team who we are competing with)
Scumtic Vs Jablonec (Just for the laughs i hope they get pumped)
St Johnstone Vs Galatasaray (expect them to be well beaten)

will all exit next round.

Then that leaves us to carry the coefficient up against and need to better Russia, Austria and Ukraine teams.

What sort of level is this conference? Obviously we don't want to go there, but if we were to, is it winable?

I'm guessing finishing 4th in Champions League group doesn't get you into it?

For the immediate future the Scottish coefficient is reliant on us making the group's then parachute into the Europa and enjoy a run for a few rounds (who knows maybe a OF/SF) no one else will be contributing.

What sort of level is this conference? Obviously we don't want to go there, but if we were to, is it winable?

I'm guessing finishing 4th in Champions League group doesn't get you into it?
Best teams in it will be like 7th placed in England, Germany, Spain, etc. So Spurs or Union Berlin. That level.

Definitely winnable for us but it would be a failure to get there as I think we should expect to at least get past Europa groups as a minimum.

Aberdeen and Hibs are almost identically in that they each have some good players, each have made good signings but equally each retain flakey, unreliable players who will always cost them.

So while they may produce some good performances and results they’ll never be far from a debacle.

Marketing genius that called it the conference should be getting their jotters.

“conference” only has negative connotations in the UK. Look at America. A lot of German sports leagues are also called the conference

Aberdeen and Hibs are almost identically in that they each have some good players, each have made good signings but equally each retain flakey, unreliable players who will always cost them.

So while they may produce some good performances and results they’ll never be far from a debacle.
Can put in a great performance against us though and draw 2-2 or make us fight like hell for a narrow win

Feyenoord have equalised and the Sheep will play some Icelandic side in the next round.

Would be truly embarrassing for them if Aberdeen can't get through that tie.

Forget any notion of the co efficient for our going forward. We'll just have to get the job done for ourselves.

The only thing that's happening now, is the tims are falling down with the others. Not that I'm upset by this new development, but as the old saying goes, you want a job done.

Next round:

But

Hibs Vs Rijeka (Out IMO)
Sheep Vs Breidabek (looks like) (also good for us as that will eliminate an Austrian team who we are competing with)

Then that leaves us to carry the coefficient up against and need to better Russia, Austria and Ukraine teams.
I expect us to beat Malmoe
Hibs will be 50/50
Aberdeen will easily beat Breidablik
Sellik should just make it.
St.Johnstone will miss out imo

Some big surprises in this round of the Europa Conference League.
  • Steaua Bucharest (FCSB) knocked out by Shakhtar Karagandy
  • Hadjuk Split knocked out by Tobol
  • AGF Aarhus knocked out by Larne
  • BATE Borisov knocked out by Dinamo Batumi
  • Austria Vienna knocked out by Briedablik
  • Vorska Poltava knocked out by KuPS
  • Maribor getting absolutely smashed by Hammarby, no way they are staying in.
AEK Athens just about surviving by getting themselves into extra time by scoring an equalizer in the 99th minute.

Some big surprises in this round of the Europa Conference League.
  • Steaua Bucharest (FCSB) knocked out by Shakhtar Karagandy
  • Hadjuk Split knocked out by Tobol
  • AGF Aarhus knocked out by Larne
  • BATE Borisov knocked out by Dinamo Batumi
  • Austria Vienna knocked out by Briedablik
  • Vorska Poltava knocked out by KuPS
  • Maribor getting absolutely smashed by Hammarby, no way they are staying in.
AEK Athens just about surviving by getting themselves into extra time by scoring an equalizer in the 99th minute.

I don't think the the ECL will be as bad as initially thought.

Sure there will be some diddies in it but there will also be some semi decent teams. If we were unfortunate enough to end up in I'd want us to be seriously thinking about winning it.

Rejika for Hibs next round and Breidablik from Iceland for Aberdeen - two winnable games, tougher game on paper for Hibs

Next round:

But

Hibs Vs Rijeka (Out IMO)

St Johnstone and tims would drop into that conference league if they both get beat so still a chance of coefficient points.

I don't think the the ECL will be as bad as initially thought.

Sure there will be some diddies in it but there will also be some semi decent teams. If we were unfortunate enough to end up in I'd want us to be seriously thinking about winning it.

Only way I’d be happy to be in the ECL would be if, over the course of a few years, Scotland’s coefficient dropped to the extent that 2nd in the league didn’t get the CL and we also lost our Europa league spot. Were we to finish second, we’d go into the conference and I’d want to go far. Would be raging if we fell into it from the CL or Europa this season, for instance.

Back