Aberdeen banner today

rangeral

Aberdeen fans unveil a banner reading "More income. Fuller stands. End the blanket alcohol ban

7b9ec92f-5c3d-4bd5-ad1b-0e96507b3f9b.jpg

The Bobby Fuller Four

More people in that group than in their stands.

Still drawing I see

C’mon Dumbarton and send them into oblivion where they will need more than drink to numb the pain

Could you imagine alcohol allowed in our matches. Attacks on Rangers players would go through the roof with wankers thinking they're fucking hard as nails with a booze in them.

Going against the grain but I don't think the banner is that bad imo. It will never come to fruition in the big fixtures - us v poets/Hibs/Sheep at home and away but it should be explored as a way of increasing revenue in the lesser games (I've no idea how much of a money maker it would prove to be).

How sad is that,justifying why they don't turn up for games due to no booze being served.
You don't turn up because your team is playing shit you sheep shaggers

Attention seeking as they have nothing else to be annoyed about apart from when they play us.

They hope this will draw attention from the press etc 'oh look what what they did'?

Aberdeen fans unveil a banner reading "More income. Fuller stands. End the blanket alcohol ban

7b9ec92f-5c3d-4bd5-ad1b-0e96507b3f9b.jpg

I agree!

That's the best part of 40 years since Alcohol was banned in Scottish grounds (unless you are in hospitality)........and that was due to people taking carry-outs.

You can buy a beer at a game around the world - yet not in this pathetic backwater.

Alcohol at Scottish football matches, eh?

That’ll end well.

What happens now is.........

Man goes to pub before game. Binge drinks because he can't have a beer during the game.

Elsewhere, man can go to the stadium and buy a beer in a plastic pint tumbler. Club makes money. Can even sell weakened beer............no need to binge drink and the "build up" is much more relaxed.........

Not being critical of The Louden here....................but, wouldn't you rather donner up to the stadium, have a beer in the concourse or at your seat than be crushed standing in the boozer?

I was at Slavia Praha - Sparta in April. 2 hours before the game, standing around outside the stadium chatting and having a beer. Also, got a beer in the ground. The one in the ground was in a plastic cup with a player's picture on it (Tomas Soucek) - and I still have it.

If you can’t go 2.5 hours without a beer you have an issue. Having bars might raise income, but I doubt it would attract more people
You can buy a beer at a concert, rugby, ice hockey or basketball game in Glasgow but not at football?

It's not a matter of whether anyone can't go without a beer but why should it be forced on us?

The only thing wrong with the banner is that it's not a blanket ban, it's a discriminatory ban if you follow football.

In the few weeks before the winter break our players had a pie, a steaming hot coffee and a glass vodka bottle thrown at them.

Scottish football fans simply cannot be trusted with alcohol.
People say that a lot but it’s a couple of expensive pints at half time. It will be crap beer. It works in England.

What happens now is.........

Man goes to pub before game. Binge drinks because he can't have a beer during the game.

Elsewhere, man can go to the stadium and buy a beer in a plastic pint tumbler. Club makes money. Can even sell weakened beer............no need to binge drink and the "build up" is much more relaxed.........

Not being critical of The Louden here....................but, wouldn't you rather donner up to the stadium, have a beer in the concourse or at your seat than be crushed standing in the boozer?

I was at Slavia Praha - Sparta in April. 2 hours before the game, standing around outside the stadium chatting and having a beer. Also, got a beer in the ground. The one in the ground was in a plastic cup with a player's picture on it (Tomas Soucek) - and I still have it.

It would be a disaster in Scotland. Our alcohol culture is too destructive for this ever to be a good thing. For many, it wouldn’t be ‘one or two’, it would be as many as they could fit in during the game. And I reckon many would still fuel up before the game anyway.

Who would actually take any notice of that stupid banner?
Blanket alcohol ban? Who drinks in their beds these days anyway?
Insignificant statement from insignificant fans of an insignificant team. Nobody cares about you.:)):)):)):))

It just shows what a tin pot country Scotland is . I went to watch Accrington Stanley a couple of months ago. They had pre match entertainment with a live band, You can get alcohol mixed with away supporters then after they some more live bands and people stayed all night. So they got more revenue and the fans were happy even after a defeat and increased the match day experience. Go and watch Rangers and 15 minutes from the end everybody is itching to leave.Like it or not we need to improve the match day experience at Ibrox.

Back