Aberdeen banner today

I think we should build the Hotel complex we have planning permission for have entertainment in it before the match .

Alcohol at games in Scottish Football is a big no no.

No wonder they're wanting it to happen though, their new ground has absolutely %^*& all pubs near it.

One of those rare but valuable moments where football fans should unite to throw themselves behind something that it seems the majority of the country's football fans would like to see implemented.

All very well lambasted them for poor attendances or for being a smaller club than the biggest one in the country, but who would actually disagree with the double standards shown towards football fans in this country?

It's what allows footballing fans to be treated like shit. The hierarchy know this.

It was probably a wise decision to ban booze at football in the early eighties.

Can anyone honestly say that our culture has changed significantly for the better or that our relationship with alcohol has improved enough to warrant a repeal of the legislation?

The fact that it's available at Rugby or concerts is not relevant.

I say let the booze commence at the football. What makes england so different from scotland when it comes to the alcohol culture.

I'm sure I could find a programme on tv later with people rolling about English towns and cities no different to what you'll see up here.

Remember going to see chelsea at Blackburn. Went in the ground about an hour before kick off, had a couple of pints. All very civilised and I normally wouldn't go into any ground an hour early.

Reactions: TNT
You think a glass bottle would be brought in if you could get a pint at the game?

You can't punish the majority for the actions of one person
The answer to each your statements is "Yes" and "Yes you can."
Alcohol on sale inside Scottish football stadiums is not the answer to anything.
It is available in hospitality anyway.

It was probably a wise decision to ban booze at football in the early eighties.

Can anyone honestly say that our culture has changed significantly for the better or that our relationship with alcohol has improved enough to warrant a repeal of the legislation?

The fact that it's available at Rugby or concerts is not relevant.
The big difference from then was people were going in with carry outs. Cans and bottles, drinking all the way through the game and missiles close at hand.

The games I've been to in england, you cant take the drink to your seat. I dont see any problem with allowing it at all.

What happens now is.........

Man goes to pub before game. Binge drinks because he can't have a beer during the game.

Elsewhere, man can go to the stadium and buy a beer in a plastic pint tumbler. Club makes money. Can even sell weakened beer............no need to binge drink and the "build up" is much more relaxed.........

Not being critical of The Louden here....................but, wouldn't you rather donner up to the stadium, have a beer in the concourse or at your seat than be crushed standing in the boozer?

I was at Slavia Praha - Sparta in April. 2 hours before the game, standing around outside the stadium chatting and having a beer. Also, got a beer in the ground. The one in the ground was in a plastic cup with a player's picture on it (Tomas Soucek) - and I still have it.
What happens part two...
Drunk men turn up at ground, smuggle two half bottles in, buy big coke and pour booze into it and then proceed to get pished and disrupt all around them. They could barely see their feet never mind the match.
Ibrox Vs Aberdoom late ast season.
Drunk men manage to smuggle in bag full of cans of 1664 and drink them and annoy all around them, Vs Marsielle pre season.
I could go on & on.
Frankly we as a support should not have access to booze during a match, ever counted how many times you have to let punters past as it is?
I like a drink as much as any on here but have no problem sitting on my arse for two hours to watch us play without more drink.
Would the subway loyal stay beyond 70 minutes?

The big difference from then was people were going in with carry outs. Cans and bottles, drinking all the way through the game and missiles close at hand.

The games I've been to in england, you cant take the drink to your seat. I dont see any problem with allowing it at all.

Do you not think that the English (huge generalisation), have a different relationship with alcohol?

My 35 years of living there leads me to suggest that they do.

People say that a lot but it’s a couple of expensive pints at half time. It will be crap beer. It works in England.

Served in a plastic glass. After queuing for 10 minutes to get it. I also would welcome its reintroduction, at least on a trial basis, or phased into certain sections initially. My main concern would not be drunkenness, but too many people seated in my row annoying me by having to go for a pish, but I don't even think that would be much of a problem. They even serve alcohol at Linfield Glentoran games, without an increase in the general mayhem.

Do you not think that the English (huge generalisation), have a different relationship with alcohol?

My 35 years of living there leads me to suggest that they do.
Having been to a few games down there, I cant say I notice much difference, especially before games. Pubs are packed near the ground as much as I've seen anywhere else.

As I said, the big difference would not be allowing people into the stadium with bags of cans and bottles, which ended up as ready made weapons and missiles. Having a pint at half time or a couple before the game wouldn't do any harm.

Aberdeen fans unveil a banner reading "More income. Fuller stands. End the blanket alcohol ban

7b9ec92f-5c3d-4bd5-ad1b-0e96507b3f9b.jpg
FULLERS TAND....is that a new beer ?

Man goes to pub before game. Binge drinks because he can't have a beer during the game.

Elsewhere, man can go to the stadium and buy a beer in a plastic pint tumbler. Club makes money. Can even sell weakened beer............no need to binge drink and the "build up" is much more relaxed.........

Not being critical of The Louden here....................but, wouldn't you rather donner up to the stadium, have a beer in the concourse or at your seat than be crushed standing in the boozer?

I was at Slavia Praha - Sparta in April. 2 hours before the game, standing around outside the stadium chatting and having a beer. Also, got a beer in the ground. The one in the ground was in a plastic cup with a player's picture on it (Tomas Soucek) - and I still have it.
It makes absolute sense to me ! Have done it at Arsenal and Chelsea. Not everyone partakes so its not stowed out either. The secret is long counters and sufficient bar staff.

It would be a disaster in Scotland. Our alcohol culture is too destructive for this ever to be a good thing. For many, it wouldn’t be ‘one or two’, it would be as many as they could fit in during the game. And I reckon many would still fuel up before the game anyway.
I went to millwall recently, had a couple of pints at the stadium before the game and one at half time. If they can do it surely we can!

One of those rare but valuable moments where football fans should unite to throw themselves behind something that it seems the majority of the country's football fans would like to see implemented.

All very well lambasted them for poor attendances or for being a smaller club than the biggest one in the country, but who would actually disagree with the double standards shown towards football fans in this country?

It's what allows footballing fans to be treated like shit. The hierarchy know this.
In the spirit your post intended, I agree completely with you.

We complain about our treatment as football fans then have a thread mocking a support who have targeted an area that sees us discriminated against based on the sport we follow.

You can go to a game at Ibrox on a Saturday and be a scummy football fan, then when the game is over you can drive along to Braehead and become a hockey fan, drink all the beer you want and not be treated like a leper.

I can't believe anyone thinks that is acceptable.

I went to millwall recently, had a couple of pints at the stadium before the game and one at half time. If they can do it surely we can!

You may well be right. However having lived both north and south of the border, I find the English mentality a fair bit more laid back with certain things, including alcohol.

They should try giving their players some bevvy before they play celtc. They might then drum up some Dutch courage to actually put up a fight for once.

The new chairman was trying out a new scheme in that stand. Called it the red shed, for fans who want to stand and sing. Sold 1500 tickets for that stand. No idea about rest of ground
Safe Standing will be next for them, wish the board would get the finger out.

I’d love nothing more than a fresh pint of lager when going into Ibrox.

Scotland are seriously behind the times in every department possible when it comes to football.

Mate , I can guarantee that when the novelty of what you described wore off , most would say I’m no drinking that £7 watered down pish in the stadium . And then choose to do what has been done for the past 40 years

Where's the hospitality in Copland broomie and enclosure?

That’s because we’re all mental in there. The cheap seats mate. Can’t be trusted.

Being serious, I’ve been to multiple matches in England and around Europe and, surprise surprise, I’ve never once gone tonto and papped bottles at players or throw pints or pies at them despite having two or three pints. Funny that.

Still, Scottish pints are clearly different

Everyone who wants to drink just gets pissed up before the game anyway..

10,000 pints, 5 a pint, 20 home games.. Thats a million in revenue right there for a season.. not sure what the margin is for profit, but say half

500k we shouldn't be missing out on
Drunk guy falls down stairs. Sues club for 500k.

Is there a possibility that could happen?

Drunk guy falls down stairs. Sues club for 500k.

Is there a possibility that could happen?
In theory that could happen without drink being involved. Im sure there was a bheggar who fell or hurt himself inside the bheggardome that tried to sue them a few years ago

Back