Aberdeen Effort Vs Us!

The way Brown was in the referees face every two seconds, diving about to get our players sent off, cheating etc, winding up our players. Of course you know the answer, but does he do the same against Celtic? If not, he’s effectively lying down to them.

100% effort every time - Hayes,Brown etc bust a gut . Against them not so much. Their fans should be asking questions but we know this is their biggest game of the season!

We are in a battle this season as every game especially away from home will be a cup final for our opponents.
We will see what our team is made of in the next few weeks!
Their fans are happy with this, it’s what they want, take points off Rangers and finish in the top 6 is success for them.

This is becoming tiresome!! We all know what their like! Up to us to show more heart and desire! put that diddy club back in their 4 games a season box!!

Have a look at Bates. An utter embarrassment against them. I can add Ferguson and McCrorie to that list too.
I think Celtic played in a way to pull Bates apart. We know that he’s not the best and we know McCrorie can be got at in the same way.

Lewis Ferguson for me is an average SPFL midfielder, there is a reason why nobody is coming in with £££ for him. Reminds me of Don Ball. Bates, McCrorie and Ferguson will put the effort in week in week out, no problem with that and up to us to match that. Brown, Hayes and a few others will not put the same effort in every week.

So, on the point Aberdeen will not play in the same manner in 3 weeks time v Celtic in a similar type midweek fixture. And Celtic won’t allow them too either.

Edinburgh City looking good for a win at the weekend after Aberdeen have absolutely gubbed themselves. Nothing new.

It’s a pathetic excuse in all honesty.

We should expect and train for teams giving 100% effort against us in every game and ensure we respond accordingly.

If we do, we win 95% of our domestic matches including that one last night.

We didn’t win last night because we didn’t put in anything like that effort. It was entirely our fault.

'Aberdeen try to hard against us' boo hoo.

Who gives a sh!t how hard they try. We should be beating them regardless.

Everyone should want to raise their game vs the best.

They'll scrape by in the cup against Edinburgh City and lose to St Boo.

A tale as old as time. A performance against us costs them in the next two games.
We are the only team that will beat them again this season they may draw a few but nobody else will beat them they have the momentum now going forward if we don't sign at least 2 quality players they will beat us on the second Aberdeen where the hungrier side last night & that is a worry & the Tim's would have seen that .

Players of smaller teams will usually always try give something extra against us. It’s their shop window. We know however if we play with a bit more tempo the vast majority of those players don’t keep with us.

This is nothing new. Last night was our own fault, most of the players involved have been there before and knew exactly what they were going to get.

We all know they up their game dramatically against us. Sadly successive Rangers players (and managers) seem completely oblivious to it.

We all know they up their game dramatically against us.
I dont think there is a comparble example anywhere in Football of a Team raising its effort levels to face another.

Even with a useless team and manager theyd still fight and compete like it was their last match.

Nothing new of course but we seem to be getting worse at dealing with it.

They really do short change their fans, its incredible the way they play against us compared to other teams, especially at home.

You'd never have know under Skovhdaal (sp) but by and large it's always been the same. It should see our players raise their game too.

Have a look at Bates. An utter embarrassment against them. I can add Ferguson and McCrorie to that list too.
We made it easy for them, Celtic tear them apart because of their strikers movement/speed of play etc

We must’ve been so easy to play against last night

On the huddle board and kds, they complained about Livi not trying against us but bursting a gut against them. Our front 6 could not keep possession, that's what cost us. For all their possession, Aberdeen never looked like scoring.

We can go on about teams effort against us vs the rest of the league, but we allow it to happen by not matching their effort as a bare minimum.
We allow donkeys like Bates and McCrorie to look like Beckenbauer by giving them their entire half to play in unopposed.
We sat in our own half hoping to maybe catch them on the break. Thats fine in Europe against better sides, not against dross like this.
People will cry conspiracy when Celtic turn them over, but Celtic won't sit in their own half the entire game, they will swarm them and make them make mistakes, like we have done in the past.

We got it all wrong last night, even the biggest Van Bronckhorst fan must be able to admit that.

We made it easy for them, Celtic tear them apart because of their strikers movement/speed of play etc

We must’ve been so easy to play against last night

The ref nullified our team which consisted of Hagi, Kent and Wright. If you award every 50/50 and more fouls to the opposition you attacking flair has to defend set pieces. Its was organised. Hence why our win ration is 20% when playing this mob under Clancy. Hand picked for a reason.

We’ve had 30 years of this it shouldn’t be a surprise any more.

You roll your sleeves up, fight harder than them and eventually you get the winner.

Exactly.

If you check our history, very successful Rangers sides under Wallace, Souness, Smith, Advocaat, McLeish and Gerrard have all struggled at times at Pittodrie.

It's nothing new.

We didn’t turn up, it wasn’t there energy, we just didn’t have a fucking clue. We were set up to fail and not engage. Really worrying
This.

Using the excuse of “ they are always up for it against us” doesn’t wash with me.

Aberdeen are a typical bog standard, woeful SPL outfit, who over the last 4 season have worked out when they play us if you get in our faces, foul, square up, break up play and throw a few balls into the box, more often than not you’ll get something.

Our record against them in recent years is appalling, last season aside, I think they’ve put us out of three cups, already this season shipped 4 points to them, we seem to have a pathological fear about playing them for no reason whatsoever, and gios interview after the game sends alarm bells for me he seemed over the moon with a point from “ a very difficult place” ffs.

Unless we learn to man up and treat them the same as every other SPL jobber we will continue to fritter points away to them

The ref nullified our team which consisted of Hagi, Kent and Wright. If you award every 50/50 and more fouls to the opposition you attacking flair has to defend set pieces. Its was organised. Hence why our win ration is 20% when playing this mob under Clancy. Hand picked for a reason.

Last night wasn't solely down to the ref.
Yes, Clancy was shite and leant against us, as he always does, but we didn't play as we can.

At the game, it was impossible to call the McGregor incident, or Kent's red card.

When I watched them both early morning when I got home, McGregor's was one that went in our favour.
It was a 50/50 decision that could've gone either way.
Thankfully Clancy wasn't close enough to make a decision.
If he had been, he would've given it 100%.

The Kent red card is an absolute joke.

The biggest issue though was, we didn't play as we can and our players lacked match sharpness.

100% effort every time - Hayes,Brown etc bust a gut . Against them not so much. Their fans should be asking questions but we know this is their biggest game of the season!

We are in a battle this season as every game especially away from home will be a cup final for our opponents.
Richard Gough was 100% correct all those years ago when he said they only play 4 games a season.

Embarrassing thread. They have the exact same threads on their forum when they drop points.

What surprises me most is the amount of ex Gers players and affiliates in that team that do not try as hard against the filth. Expect nothing less from Brown and Turkey Face Hayes.

This is nothing new. Last night was our own fault, most of the players involved have been there before and knew exactly what they were going to get.
Totally agree, reminded me of gerrard,s first game at pittodrie where he tried to set up a team to play football only to sucked I to a battle, he made the mistake once , hopefully gio learns next time..

It's when our standards drop that this becomes relevant in the game. We made the Aberdeen keeper make 1 save in the second half. We didn't try and win the game.

It's when our standards drop that this becomes relevant in the game. We made the Aberdeen keeper make 1 save in the second half. We didn't try and win the game.
From the outside looking in, it looked like we played for a draw, it felt like we were playing a decent team away from home in Europe. Once we went ahead We made no obvious attempt to press the game and seemed content to ride out a win even though it was obvious Aberdeen would eventually score with their dominance in the match

It’s a pathetic excuse in all honesty.

We should expect and train for teams giving 100% effort against us in every game and ensure we respond accordingly.

If we do, we win 95% of our domestic matches including that one last night.

We didn’t win last night because we didn’t put in anything like that effort. It was entirely our fault.
I hear what your saying but our players did put effort in then had so called hard men falling about to get our lads sent off.
As Boydy said it’s always had hard tackles ect but that ref let nothing go so we couldn’t stamp our authority in any way.
As other people have said Alfie does what Hayes did with his elbows he’s off the playing field has to be even in these games and was far from it.

The problem is that there is only one team in Scotland who will not settle for a draw and see it as a win when we are playing! A draw with us fro any other club in the league is a victory for Scottish football.

Only we will go away to a ground - against a team full of players who always step up against us based on hatred and jealousy - that's never a walk in the park, get a draw and see it as a disaster.

The amount of effort Aberdeen put into a game should be irrelevant. Our own effort should dictate the outcome of the game.

From the outside looking in, it looked like we played for a draw, it felt like we were playing a decent team away from home in Europe. Once we went ahead We made no obvious attempt to press the game and seemed content to ride out a win even though it was obvious Aberdeen would eventually score with their dominance in the match
My worry is we attempt this approach at parkhead. It's waiting to get beat unless you counter attack well. We absolutely didn't do that yesterday. If that's the game plan I can understand the approach. It avoids teams sitting in and making it difficult to play. They get drawn out and when we have the ball we break into space but there was none of that yesterday.

Last edited:
Virtually every match we play is a cup final to the rest so the sheep are not alone in that regard .
The way our opponents always celebrate a draw as if they had won the league tells you all .
We are Rangers and up to us to be on it at all times and put them in their place.
Last night we certainly weren't and didn't

1. They've despised us for 40 years, it should come as no surprise.
2. They're not half as bad a team as many on here think.
Spot on since the days of fergie and when they were the top team in Scotland they raised their game when they played us.look at the Ferguson interview after the 83 cup final in which they won 1-0 he was fuming that they hadn’t hammered us.

Aberdeen giving 100% should be laughed at. Their best should never come close to us. Who cares how hard they try against others. It should be an irrelevance.

Last night is on our players. We played at maybe 30%. Using 'they just try harder against us' as an excuse or even a discussion point is cry baby nonsense.

We know that’s going to be the case so we should up for it .
We all know that Brown & Hayes are fuds, so why do some our players (and ref’s) still fall for their nonsense. We have the team to beat them easy, I just wish we showed a bit more hunger at times when we know there is going to be a battle.

Been the case for years, nothing we shouldn't expect

We are the most hated team in Scotland so all the little inbred mutant clubs will try harder against us.

We can use this to our advantage though having more of a challenge every week can keep the team fitter and sharper.

Last night was crap they looked like they did towards the end of Gerard's tenure

Aberdeen giving 100% should be laughed at. Their best should never come close to us. Who cares how hard they try against others. It should be an irrelevance.

Last night is on our players. We played at maybe 30%. Using 'they just try harder against us' as an excuse or even a discussion point is cry baby nonsense.
The ref cheating didn't help

All fans are asking us why don't the sheep try as hard against other teams

The ref cheating didn't help

All fans are asking us why don't the sheep try as hard against other teams
The ref should be an irrelevance. Personally I dont think they cheat, I just think they are terrible.

That is a question for their fans, not ours. It should not matter a jot how hard Aberdeen try, it should never be enough to trouble us. Obviously we will drop points, but to start being concerned about how an spl jobber team try is deflection at best.

its been the same time eternal - most clubs have 6 cup finals a year (3 games vs us and 3 games vs them) obviously with Brown / Hayes - being Rangers haters and Ferguson / Bates / McCrorie with a point to prove against Rangers its no real surprise.

Exactly, it’s not something new and it isn’t going to change.

Every match is a cup final, it really is that simple.
I don’t understand why we set up in certain ways in these games or the players can’t seem to match the effort levels. That’s surely the bare minimum.

My worry is we attempt this approach at parkhead. It's waiting to get beat unless you counter attack well. We absolutely didn't do that yesterday. If that's the game plan I can understand the approach. It avoids teams sitting in and making it difficult to play. They get drawn out and when we have the ball we break into space but there was none of that yesterday.

Totally agree. Between hibs away and last night you would be lucky if we created 5 chances in the two games. Hearts we countered well but gave away a hell of a lot of chances as a result

Back