Aberdeen face losing up to £5M and are "fighting for their future" as Coronavirus crisis deepens

We should release a statement.

"At this difficult time we would like to say to clubs struggling that we will be here to offer you all the same help you offered us during our crisis in 2012. What you did has not been forgotten.
Furthermore we would like to offer our congratulations to Neil Lennon's Celtic, winning an unprecedented 9-in-a-row and Quadruple treble. I'm sure your fans can take solace that at a time of national crisis not seen since 1939 at least you have something to celebrate, an important and well earned victory".

We should release a statement.

"At this difficult time we would like to say to clubs struggling that we will be here to offer you all the same help you offered us during our crisis in 2012. What you did has not been forgotten.
Furthermore we would like to offer our congratulations to Neil Lennon's Celtic, winning an unprecedented 9-in-a-row and Quadruple treble. I'm sure your fans can take solace that at a time of national crisis not seen since 1939 at least you have something to celebrate, an important and well earned victory".

Fcukin hell mate that would be a disastrous statement for the club to issue.

I'm sure all the sheep fans will rally round to support their club, the could call it "sell out Saturday"
Oh Wait !!!

Surely they would be ok if they paid their players only for the games for which they actually turned up and gave 100%. That would be between four and six games a season. Sorted.

Am I a bad person that takes delight in the financial misery that these gits are going to suffer?

As enjoyable as this is to see, it’s a marker of what is coming for all clubs, including us. I hope we are dealing with this quietly, behind closed doors and away from the press. I’ll feel much more comfortable knowing we have our house in order away from the public gaze.

Imagine the feeding frenzy if the press got wind of us asking players and staff to take a cut? You can bet your arse it would be a very different take than the reports you’ve seen on Hearts and the sheep.

i wonder if they are going to wave the administration laws that came into force after it happened to us

Hearts have been through a subsequent administration and it was treated as normal.

They lost points, were relegated, got rid of a lot of players and got promoted back to the top division.

As enjoyable as this is to see, it’s a marker of what is coming for all clubs, including us. I hope we are dealing with this quietly, behind closed doors and away from the press. I’ll feel much more comfortable knowing we have our house in order away from the public gaze.

Imagine the feeding frenzy if the press got wind of us asking players and staff to take a cut? You can bet your arse it would be a very different take than the reports you’ve seen on Hearts and the sheep.
people don't seem to realise that these problems aren't exclusive to 1 or 2 diddy clubs, they effect everyone. including Rangers.

3-B17-F3-F3-6698-4-BF4-AE37-7952224-EF404.jpg

Stewart Milne will step in and buy Shittodrie then lease it back to them...All the while waiting to kick them out to buy flats!!...

Reading on Twitter that they've secured a £2m cash injection and McInnes, his coaches, the players and other higher paid non playing staff have all agreed to partially defer wages for 4 months from 1st April.

Pretty sure they were pretty well off anyway with no debt so imagine they'll be ok now. Certainly in a better position than the Edinburgh clubs for example.

Hopefully we get similar news coming out of Ibrox in the coming days.

Reading on Twitter that they've secured a £2m cash injection and McInnes, his coaches, the players and other higher paid non playing staff have all agreed to partially defer wages for 4 months from 1st April.

Pretty sure they were pretty well off anyway with no debt so imagine they'll be ok now. Certainly in a better position than the Edinburgh clubs for example.

Hopefully we get similar news coming out of Ibrox in the coming days.

This deferring wages really isn't good enough imho. Either have the balls to take a pay cut or don't.

On Twitter they are cutting players wages and investment of £2 million getting put in to see them through

I assume by TV money you are referring to the Europa League money. Not sure if this is dished out per round or is paid out once the competition is completed? Is there a danger of this not being paid, or a certain percentage of it, because it might not be completed?

On the contrary, I think you are naive to think we will ride this out without any problems. I don't think it's wise to laugh up our cuff at other teams.

Any business model relies on future income streams. We have no certainty with any at the minute and like businesses throughout the country, wages and bills will need to be paid in the short term.

Why don't we think about ourselves.

Fc_uk every other peace of sh1t out there

They wanted us dead and buried.

We're still standing.

What happens elsewhere is immaterial.

Yours sincerely, the taxman.

Back