Aberdeen finish 4th for third consecutive season

Good achievement for them.
Well the irony is that anybody looking back at their league finishes history would see 3 4th place finishes as a continuation of a purple patch. With stadium expenditure coming up and the Edinburgh and Dundee club(s) back up, a slide down the table beckons.

Glass won’t last next season.

No great opinion of him personally but their squad is dire and they are hardly going to splash the cash to improve it substantially.
That's a bit unfair mate, they've just signed a 35 year old bum from Celt*c and a 30 motherwell non-entity.

They'll be on fire next year...

Strange they've finished 4th given they have 2 midfielders that people think we should sign or have kept :D

Look forward to this 'revolution' or whatever it was Scott Burns of record labelled it the other week after Gallagher was signed. Should be good enough to finish 5th next season.

Had to check who finished 3rd in 2018/19. Some fall from grace for Kilmarnock the last couple of seasons - would love to see them go down.

Had to check who finished 3rd in 2018/19. Some fall from grace for Kilmarnock the last couple of seasons - would love to see them go down.
Yeah theyr fans genuinely thot they were our rivals because we got beat and drew with them a few times.

Bye bye killie

Last edited:
A couple of shrewd signings for Hibs (replacing Porteous with an actual centre half for one) and they should seriously be gunning for 2nd - Aberdeen will be nowhere and i feel the mhanky mob are going to have a Le Guen/Pedro type season.

The last time they were good I had bleached jeans and a pink Pringle.
Gay club material now.
A pink Pringle was defo gay club material then!, a pastel yellow was for the real men!! Are you sure it’s only the jeans that were bleached? :)) :))

A couple of shrewd signings for Hibs (replacing Porteous with an actual centre half for one) and they should seriously be gunning for 2nd - Aberdeen will be nowhere and i feel the mhanky mob are going to have a Le Guen/Pedro type season.
Nobody is getting close to Rangers or Celtic. Hibs best finish in 17 years and they will get maximum 65 points.

Not long ago I had one of their fans try to tell me they're bigger than us because they have a better European record...

He was right, apart from we've won the same trophy, we've been in more finals, we've played more games and we've a higher win percentage. Other than that though...
They claim the Super Cup as a major European trophy. That’s what the two stars above their badge signify.

Huge rebuild for them now, they need 7 or 8 new players.

I’m sure I read that if Hibs win the cup they are guaranteed about £3m in european revenue because at worst they would drop into the confederation league group stage.

Can only see Hibs pulling away from them and other teams catching Aberdeen

Spoke to a sheep today who is worried that Saturday could be a cricket score.

Fingers crossed. :)

Can only see Hibs pulling away from them and other teams catching Aberdeen
Yeh I think so. Stadium costs will pull them down. And their rebuild has begun be handing a 2 year contract (on big money surely) to a 36 year old who is a shadow of the player he used to be. Their other two signings are 30.

I think they’ve done well to finish fourth.

Any time I’ve watched them this season they have been utter dung.

Never had much time for them. Got even less now that the proper hard man Brown is there.

Be nice to see them make the bottom six next year.

A few decent years under Ferguson made them start thinking they were a big club. They are not.

Never had much time for them. Got even less now that the proper hard man Brown is there.

Be nice to see them make the bottom six next year.

A few decent years under Ferguson made them start thinking they were a big club. They are not.
When was Brown ever a proper hard man? :p

Yeah theyr fans genuinely thot they were our rivals because we got beat and drew with them a few times.

Bye bye killie
I'm having a Chewin' The Fat moment concerning the relegation/promotion issue

Ross County - John Hughes - Good Guy - Jordan White - Good Guy - Michael Gardyne - Wank Roy McGregor - nearly a Good Guy for nearly calling out Liewell

Hamilton - Brian Rice - Good Guy.........Les Gray - Wank - plastic pitch - sh!te

Kilmarnock - Kyle Lafferty - Good Guy - Tommy Wright - Wank - Billy Bowes - Wank - plastic pitch - sh!te - former manager Clarke - Wank - Kirk Broadfoot, was Good Guy now Wank

Dundee - James McPake ( Livi Legend ) - Good Guy - Charlie Adam - Good Guy - Jason Cummings - Good Guy - John Nelms - Wank - Tim Keyes - Wank

I can't imagine the shame Aberdeen fans must feel at their incredible failure over the last decade. My goodness, it is completely delicious.

Glass won’t last next season.

No great opinion of him personally but their squad is dire and they are hardly going to splash the cash to improve it substantially.
They need substantial investment in most areas of the park to try and even catch up to Hibs, who are miles ahead of them now.

They need new fullbacks, new wingers and about 3 strikers... To start with.

They have one decent saleable asset left in Ferguson and have already had to sell their other 2 (McKenna/Cosgrove) to cover covid losses.

Basically unless they have god tier recruitment in the summer and get nothing wrong they will struggle for 4th.

Do you I never even considered that.

What a riddy. It's the European charity shield.
It's definitely a major honour imo. You have to win a European trophy to play for it. If we won the Europa league then managed to shithouse a win in the super cup over the champions league winners like a Barcelona or bayern Munich our supporters would definitely consider it a major honour and rightfully so.

ekUZZmd.gif

• Haha
Reactions: fmp
Fourth is a fair reflection of their standing in the SPL, although maybe slightly higher than where they should be.

But Broonaldo
Will he be a player coach? This could be hilarious. He will 10 times worse for them than Barton was for us. At least Barton had some ability beyond running around kicking folk and snarling. Two or three good seasons in 10 or whatever is woeful in any league but in the SPL it’s worse. He was able to hide behind some decent enough players so he will be completely exposed at Aberdeen.

We are 2-7 to beat them on Saturday, they 10-1 to beat us, 9-2 the draw

Might be wrong but dont think I've seen these odds v Sheep before.

They were relegated one season, the reason they did not go down was that the team coming up, Falkirk I think, did not have a stadium that fit into the high standards of the SPFL. :p

Back