Aberdeen league games - Why are they midweek

Been like that a while now, it seems.

Maybe had a scattering of weekend fixtures, but certainly predominantly Wednesday nights.

Yeah, it’s odd though.

How does the random fixture generator decide this? :rolleyes:

I guess it’s not really random, by design.

Fixtures reslly follow the same path in general, but flipped home and away patterns. Few variances given the promotions, but largely I see a trend.

Shame - good weekend fixture etc. Ideally the Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, Celtic - all should be prime time weekend slots, but even Hibs has been midweek a good bit in the last few seasons from memory.

Annoys me how a lot of the fixtures are the same time every year, that's been the case recently certainly.

Aberdeen midweek, Easter Road midweek in December seems to be the case every year, tims as final game before international breaks etc

Annoys me how a lot of the fixtures are the same time every year, that's been the case recently certainly.

Aberdeen midweek, Easter Road midweek in December seems to be the case every year, tims as final game before international breaks etc
Since we came back-up apart from last season

We have played Aberdeen, Celtic, Hearts and Hibs either home or away in December

Aberdeen ,Celtic, Hibs x 2 in the space of month last season December 26th to January 27th

I’d say that there’s more chance of crowd trouble home and away between both sets of supporters if the fixture was to be any other time than 12pm Saturday or Sunday or a midweek game. The police probably have an input on this I think we had only played Aberdeen one Saturday in X amount of games a whilst ago.

The tims inside 3 weeks is annoying usually.

Last/Second last game before the split, then straight again after it.

I was actually speaking to my mate about this the other night, seems like we play them midweek all the time, pre 2012 it was very rare to play Aberdeen in a league game midweek. We were thinking the trouble outside the Louden in 2012 just before admin might have had something to do with it.

I was actually speaking to my mate about this the other night, seems like we play them midweek all the time, pre 2012 it was very rare to play Aberdeen in a league game midweek. We were thinking the trouble outside the Louden in 2012 just before admin might have had something to do with it.

And yet, the first time we met at Pittodrie upon our return to the Premier league both sets of supporters were mingling quite freely before the game.

And yet, the first time we met at Pittodrie upon our return to the Premier league both sets of supporters were mingling quite freely before the game.
Where? I've never seen an Aberdeen fan outside the ground up there within walking distance. We get hurled into those pens at the graveyard. Tbf I'm always wrecked by the time we get there

Where? I've never seen an Aberdeen fan outside the ground up there within walking distance. We get hurled into those pens at the graveyard. Tbf I'm always wrecked by the time we get there
Saltoun Arms at the corner of Park Road. They were in there drinking alongside bears much to my amazement.

Aberdeen away on a Wednesday night > Sunday 12pm kick offs

Half day from work, wrecked on the bus by Perth and the away end on top form. I love Hibs away midweek too
Sure we play aberdeen away between christmas and new year through the week this season

now that will be a scramble :))

Back