Aberdeen manager red carded for responding to sectarian chants

How did Dick Gordon react to this?

Listened to the after match and this is the first mention of sectarian chants. Heard mcinnes apology for reacting and the general opinion from Pat and Tim Irish seemed to be that he was foolish to get involved.

After 20 minutes of Tom pontificating over the wonder of the the hoops dick started to bristle a bit. Not much though

Listened to the after match and this is the first mention of sectarian chants. Heard mcinnes apology for reacting and the general opinion from Pat and Tim Irish seemed to be that he was foolish to get involved.

After 20 minutes of Tom pontificating over the wonder of the the hoops dick started to bristle a bit. Not much though
So Kris Boyd loves it really, and McInnes was an idiot to react

Night and day compared to their reaction to Lennon. The bigots are showing themselves up here

So Kris Boyd loves it really, and McInnes was an idiot to react

Night and day compared to their reaction to Lennon. The bigots are showing themselves up here

There is not a lot that goes over my head, and there is quite a lot goes through it. Celtic and Rangers managers have had this sung to them for years. Nobody complained, this has become the present day habit of being offended by everything. The ending was hunks, one and all, don't know where hunks came from, tried to edit this but kept going back to hunks.
Your acerbic wit has been noted.

My post should read hunks, not hunks. There is not a lot that goes over my head. there is quite a lot that goes through it. Your acerbic wit has been noted.

There is not a lot that goes over my head, and there is quite a lot goes through it. Celtic and Rangers managers have had this sung to them for years. Nobody complained, this has become the present day habit of being offended by everything. The ending was hunks, one and all, don't know where hunks came from, tried to edit this but kept going back to hunks.
Fair enough.
But this was never about being offended and that is the point.
I doubt any of us cares a whit about what other teams supporters sing or even about what individual supporters say in their cups on social media or other.

But this is why you have to look at the matter from a political and cultural perspective.
This supposed 'non-concern' is being used maliciously and for gain, not by you against anyone, but by nasty people against you.
Not to offend you on a personal level, but to undermine your very being on a political and cultural level.
To diminish you as a person in society and to traduce and eliminate any influence you have at a cultural level and even at a political one.

It is a war, not one that you declared, but rather one that has been declared against you.
You can hide from it, you can stick your head in the sand, but it will still be the same.
You are the target and they are aiming at you no matter how much you decide to look away.

Last edited:
Fair enough.
I doubt any of us cares a whit about what other teams supporters sing or even about what individual supporters say in their cups on social media or other.

But this is why you have to look at the matter from a political and cultural perspective.
This supposed 'non-concern' is being used maliciously and for gain, not by you against anyone, but by nasty people against you.
Not to offend you on a personal level, but to undermine your very being on a political and cultural level.
To diminish you as a person in society and to traduce and eliminate any influence you have at a cultural level and even at a political one.

It is a war, not one that you declared, but one that has been declared against you.
You can hide from it, you can stick your head in the sand, but it will still be the same.
You are the target and they are aiming at you no matter how much you decide to look away.

Correct Bilko.

Fair enough.

It is a war, not one that you declared, but one that has been declared against you.

Never a truer word said.

Sad orange bastard , sung by the sheep , directed at Gerrard , Mcinnes says nothing. Sad orange bastard , sung by the poets , directed at McInnes , McInnes greets.
F*ck you McInnes !

Fair enough.

Ive noticed recently that a number of Irish republican sympathisers enjoy posting comments about PUL culture dying. Of course they would never admit to their part in this but its obvious to those of us that take an interest in such things.

Its a form of ethnic cleansing, by stealth.

Selectarianism.

This story is not one the press want to run with.
Fair enough.

Every Protestant the length and width of the country should be made to read, digest and reiterate this.

It is a fact.

People need to start waking up to this, as the end goal is an ugly one for Scotland.

Sad orange bastard , sung by the sheep , directed at Gerrard , Mcinnes says nothing. Sad orange bastard , sung by the poets , directed at McInnes , McInnes greets.
F*ck you McInnes !

That's not really the point, though. I fail to see why McInnes is being criticised. Every other team seems to be able to deal with fans' songs with the exception of one club. This club paint themselves are moral arbitrers and social justice warriors - it's quite right that their behaviour is highlighted.

Strict liability seems even less likely now when the people pushing it are the main offenders. They don't get it.
They were also the main instigators in having the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act introduced.
It only became a problem when their behaviour resulted in arrests.

The idea with strict liability will be the same, it's only intended to punish us.
You only need to read this thread to see that singing about orange bastards will be alright, our own fans are joining in with the abuse of McInnes.

A few weeks ago, Kris Boyd was a prick on here for not playing on the sectarian abuse he received.

Today, Derek McInnes has highlighted the abuse and still it's not good enough.
The poets have built a road and we are walking blindly behind it.

This shit needs to stop, all the offended.
We gave it big style Burns, and all the rest since.
Get over it and get a life.
I'm sure we all would in a heartbeat.
Unfortunately that is today's battleground, we have no option but to defend ourselves where we are attacked, and engage the enemy where we find them.
Since Donald Findlay fell on his sword to facilitate DM's pursuit of a knighthood, we have been constant,ly attacked for our songbook. No one else faces anywhere near the same level of condemnation, and indeed excuses are routinely made for culprits when abuse is directed at us.
Our biggest fault(problem) is that some of our community think this is just about football.

Fair enough.

It is a war, not one that you declared, but rather one that has been declared against you.
Absolutely fuckin correct mate.

FFS, seriously you and the others who chose to ignore the big picture really can’t see in Scotland today one is offensive, the other ignored.
I’ll give you a clue which one is ignored, it has a colour in it.
I know the way both terms are being played out but I'm not talking about that....my point simply is that neither are particularly offensive.

That's the Scum gave it to Boyd, SG and now Mcinnes without any public apology or condemnation from Celtic FC very odd from a Club that holds high values on sectarian offensive behaviour when it's own Club employees and Supporters are on the receiving end.
They’re sheer hypocrites and love being the victim as we’ve always said. Just because they’ve got their placemen in the authorities to keep is quiet doesn’t mean it’s going unnoticed. It could take a long time and a lot of manoeuvring to displace them but one things for sure they will be displaced and they’ll be shown for what they are. People can’t go around acting like that forever and it not come out. I’d love it tomorrow but I’ll wait and it’ll be sweet when they’re finally exposed.

Not sober Deedle, but we get so offended by small things.
I was the worlds worst 40 years ago.
Sometimes I just think we are more offended than them.
Its such a shame.
The thing is NOBODY is offended by these chants (well nobody I know anyway). The other side use the offended bus when things aren't going their way, like the sectarian chants at Clark. Did Clarke give one fck about being called a sad F***** b******d? No. He gave a fck about being hammered by Rangers, then basically calling the officials cheats. Then he realised what he was done so did what they do best and deflected completely and made it all about him being a piir wee soul who was abused by big bad Rangers. The Lennon with the sectarian racist coin that hit his jacket but somehow the pain from the puffa jacket radiated to his face, this deflected him away from a charge for goading the fans. When it's about them, ie Catholics, it's a huge deal, but about us its laughed off and we're just paranoid Protestants.
As I said nobody actually cares but I just want the incidents against us to be reported with the same outrage as them.

The thing is NOBODY is offended by these chants (well nobody I know anyway). The other side use the offended bus when things aren't going their way, like the sectarian chants at Clark. Did Clarke give one fck about being called a sad F***** b******d? No. He gave a fck about being hammered by Rangers, then basically calling the officials cheats. Then he realised what he was done so did what they do best and deflected completely and made it all about him being a piir wee soul who was abused by big bad Rangers. The Lennon with the sectarian racist coin that hit his jacket but somehow the pain from the puffa jacket radiated to his face, this deflected him away from a charge for goading the fans. When it's about them, ie Catholics, it's a huge deal, but about us its laughed off and we're just paranoid Protestants.
As I said nobody actually cares but I just want the incidents against us to be reported with the same outrage as them.
I’ve just phoned the news desk for capital radio asking why they have ignored the fact that aberdeen had 3 sendings off and not 2 as they are reporting and they said that they did report that The Aberdeen manager was red carded after sectarian abuse and I reminded them that I’ve just listened to the 06.00 news and it wasn’t reported. They took my details and said they will look into it

I've been called an orange b######. many times. I know I am not a b######, and i am proud to be Orange, and have been for 69 years. Don't know why there is so much fuss over this.
hunks one and all!
Agree with this 100%. If I had a £ every time I was called an Orange bastard, I could retire to Barbados. - and I have never reacted yet. So, yes, I am not really offended.
However, the big question that needs answered is why only ant- Catholic abuse is highlighted. The double standards (and not just on this issue) are disgusting.
Is it because the victims are Protestant, or because the perpetrators are Celtic / Catholic.?
Either way, the bigots in Holyrood, Polieass Schotland (or whatever they call themselves now) and Liewells private club (AKA SFA / SPFL) need to address this. But most of all, Liewell's Lickspittles - the media.

Lets see if McInnes' club back him in this but I won't hold my breath.

One club and fans are out of control, get away with all sorts and all aided by the media, bogus charity and scum politicians and anyone that cannot see that or accepts it is part of the problem, blinkered and a tad dim.

Last edited:
My post should read hunks, not hunks. There is not a lot that goes over my head. there is quite a lot that goes through it. Your acerbic wit has been noted.

Hey, it's a brave new world, you can embrace your sexuality in any way, shape, and form you wish now.
We understand, pm Lainey Love for tips x

Last edited:
I’ve just phoned the news desk for capital radio asking why they have ignored the fact that aberdeen had 3 sendings off and not 2 as they are reporting and they said that they did report that The Aberdeen manager was red carded after sectarian abuse and I reminded them that I’ve just listened to the 06.00 news and it wasn’t reported. They took my details and said they will look into it

Did Docherty the assistant not get sent off at half time, what was his un-acceptable behaviour?

I know the way both terms are being played out but I'm not talking about that....my point simply is that neither are particularly offensive.
I dont see your point then, we are to be accountable they are not and even more disturbingly going by McInnes red card dont react to it either.

Did Docherty the assistant not get sent off at half time, what was his un-acceptable behaviour?

Quoting my own post here as I decided to check why Docherty was sent off. I came across this from the DR, I am fully aware that it is frowned upon to click their links but this will sum up everything that is wrong in this swamp.
We can't continue to ignore this we need to fight fire with fire, remember this is "Tony Docherty getting sent off" during the Aberdeenv Celtc Semi final.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport...ny-docherty-sent-stands-unacceptable-14312364

They probably got their story from PA Sport, who only mentioned he was sent to the stands after "losing his discipline"

It'll the same one Sky used on their website

https://www.skysports.com/football/aberdeen-vs-celtic/406408

Back