Aberdeen manager red carded for responding to sectarian chants

All forms of sectarianism/racism should be treated equally.

Doesn't matter how much the victims piss their pants about it.

The fact is the - so called - anti sectarianism groups in Scotland are only interested in anti catholic behaviour.

There are political points, money and lots of media exposure to be gained from being out spoken against anti catholic behaviour.

We need a group who focuses only on violence or behaviour that is offensive to the protestant community or those perceived to be protestant.

I am fairly certain that since 2012, the levels of violence aimed at Rangers fans compared to violence against celtic fans would suggest we are the victims more often than not.

I have only read about it but McInnes should not be punished for the reaction today.

Totally agree with this post. If sectarian behaviour is wrong then it is wrong all of the time irrespective of who is the perpetrator and who is the victim.

Given that we need to clean our own doorstep first. Then we can criticise others with credibility.

Totally agree with this post. If sectarian behaviour is wrong then it is wrong all of the time irrespective of who is the perpetrator and who is the victim.

Given that we need to clean our own doorstep first. Then we can criticise others with credibility.

Mrs Mop could be down on her knees, seven days a week, scrubbing until her fingers bleed.

Our doorstep will never be clean enough for the bigots at FARE, Call it Out, Nil by Mouth, CFC, The SFA and all their media stooges.

As far as they are concerned, we are akin to the KKK.

I'd be interested to know how you propose to deal with one side of the debate who have no interest in ending sectarianism, who just use it as a stick to beat that which they hate?

From BBC on line,

The McInnes dismissal requires context. The Aberdeen manager was subjected to sectarian abuse from Celtic fans and he reacted to it, unwisely by his own admission. The twisted morality of these things in Scotland may now see McInnes up on a Scottish FA charge, while those guilty of abusing him will likely hear no more about it.

Interesting to see how this is dealt with. How did McInnes react ? What did he do ? 4th official input ?
And why was his assistant sent off as well? He couldn’t have been subjected to the same tune.

Wait so he got sectarian abuse off a large portion of their allocation, and when he reacts with a GIRUY gesture he gets banned?

Please read Bilko’s posts. Bilko gets it.

I think the next step for us is to come out and state that we as a club will no longer cooperate with any anti sectarian charities or organisations until there is a level playing field. We need to call this out, we are being taken for mugs.
But we wont ,we are softer than ever im afraid

The whole strict liability has been to fine Rangers, deduct points from Rangers and close down parts/all of Ibrox. The two way conversation will never happen and until the authorities and government wish to discuss the double standards between us and them the game will never improve

Just watched McInnes doing his post match interview,seems he forgot to take his brave pills,shitting himself desperately trying not to say the wrong thing,bit different from the ones he does after playing us.

There is not a lot that goes over my head, and there is quite a lot goes through it. Celtic and Rangers managers have had this sung to them for years. Nobody complained, this has become the present day habit of being offended by everything. The ending was hunks, one and all, don't know where hunks came from, tried to edit this but kept going back to hunks.
Your acerbic wit has been noted.
My post should read hunks, not hunks. There is not a lot that goes over my head. there is quite a lot that goes through it. Your acerbic wit has been noted.

Is Jim White having a show discussing this issue on talksport this morning?

Not on the agenda anyway.

NOW: Jim White With Ian Holloway & Bob Mills Coming up: Tiger’s incredible Masters win Brighton in free fall? Exclusive Vincent Kompany interview

I think the point Deedle is making, is that this stuff has been weaponised by the other side and they are using it to attack Protestants, Rangers Football Club and anything Unionist and that they will use it destructively to undermine all three and especially Rangers FC.

Forget about being offended, it passed that stage years ago, this is just another political and cultural frontline in a low-level war waged against every single one of us and either we fight fire with fire or else we surrender.

Do you have a white flag to hand?

Another belter of a post BIlko.

irafc (then the compliant media and the pretendy politicians) CHANGED the rules years ago.

They got 19th Century Terrorist redefined to mean Roman Catholic and got to be offended by a name they really consider to be a badge of honour FFS

And ove ra decade later we' still have people going on aobut not being offended.

We really need to wake up to the fact we ARE in a political and cultural war.

Mrs Mop could be down on her knees, seven days a week, scrubbing until her fingers bleed.

Our doorstep will never be clean enough for the bigots at FARE, Call it Out, Nil by Mouth, CFC, The SFA and all their media stooges.

I'd be interested to know how you propose to deal with one side of the debate who have no interest in ending sectarianism, who just use it as a stick to beat that which they hate?

Call it out & CFC can fxxk right off as far as I am concerned.

NBM seem to be the government and SMSM go to group for any anti sectarian activity. NBM are a charity and if we have concerns, they should be compiled into a presentable document and submitted to the Scottish charities regulator - https://www.oscr.org.uk/ . We should be bombarding them with complaints as NBM do not do enough to justify their grants.

FARE are a tougher nut to crack but we should again be compiling list of grievances and presenting them to FARE in an organised document. We (Rangers supporters) should also be very vocal in challenging their current ways of working.

Not on the agenda anyway.

NOW: Jim White With Ian Holloway & Bob Mills Coming up: Tiger’s incredible Masters win Brighton in free fall? Exclusive Vincent Kompany interview

Weird that as after Steve Clark mentioned his abuse he pretty much dedicated his whole show on the subject.

Another belter of a post BIlko.

irafc (then the compliant media and the pretendy politicians) CHANGED the rules years ago.

They got 19th Century Terrorist redefined to mean Roman Catholic and got to be offended by a name they really consider to be a badge of honour FFS

And ove ra decade later we' still have people going on aobut not being offended.

We really need to wake up to the fact we ARE in a political and cultural war.

This is what 2 unnamed experts informed the UEFA appeal in 2006.

" Both experts indicated that the term “19th Century Terrorist” is a collective name for Catholics solely used by hard-line anti-Catholics in Northern Ireland and Scotland."

How do you think that would go down at Holyrood? They're the ones that make the laws.

The world has changed utterly and there are numerous MSPs itching to get stands closed at Ibrox for similar chants.

Absolutely correct. What is sauce for the goose is the same for the gander. We got vilified for the chant about Stevie Clarke. Since then Gerrard had the same treatment from the sheep at Ibrox and that mob at the piggery and there was not a single word of condemnation about it from anybody within the media . Now that McInnes has gone very public I wonder if McLaughlin will be doing his wee karaoke thing tonight on Reporting Scotland. I won't hold my breath in expectation.

Wonder who these 2 unnamed experts would be and what side of the divide they come from

"The Chairman of the Appeals Body decided to seek the opinions of experts in the field of sectarianism in Scotland, notably in relation to its historical and sociological context. As a result, two experts, both with a long list of academic qualifications and holding professorships at universities in Great Britain, were asked to submit reports. In fear of possible acts of retaliation against them and their families,both experts requested that their identity not be disclosed to the parties. The Chairman granted this exceptional treatment and decided to add the reports of both experts to the case file and also ordered that the identities and profiles of the witnesses be communicated to the Appeals Body."

Wait so he got sectarian abuse off a large portion of their allocation, and when he reacts with a GIRUY gesture he gets banned?

Yep, quite crazy when the facts are laid out like that. He should remain professional etc. but in the climate where sectarian abuse is a hot topic then you'd think the morons abusing him should be the ones under scrutiny.

Have already posted this on another thread but I fully expect Lennon to either take his team off or for him to walk off at Ibrox next month when we are beating them.
I hope he does. Because it will show him up as the stinking hypocrite that he is.

Oh well it seems i’ve caught the wrong end of the stick[/QUOTE

They sing their songs
We sing our songs
They get a free pass (cultural/non-political)
We get hammered & portrayed as racist/bigoted/sectarian/uneducated
It’s not a level playing field & it’s influence is seeping into everyday life.

Rangers fans could sing the Soldier Song before the next game at Ibrox & they would still get pelters

It’s only my view but I think it’s ironic for some headcases in our support to give steve clarke sectarian abuse and then complain about the likes of mcinness getting it and Stevie G
Except people aren't moaning about them receiving it, people are moaning at the lack of parity in reporting from the media and action by the authorities.
Maybe if you took the time to read the thread before criticising Bears you would have realised this.

Aye keep wallowing in your own pish. Your attitude will keep us firmly under the control of our enemies agenda.

Throughout our history we have led and others have followed. They way forward is to set the agenda. We set the standard. They have to follow.

Instead we moan and huff and puff and accept our lot.

This is what 2 unnamed experts informed the UEFA appeal in 2006.

" Both experts indicated that the term “19th Century Terrorist” is a collective name for Catholics solely used by hard-line anti-Catholics in Northern Ireland and Scotland."

Where is this from?

"The Chairman of the Appeals Body decided to seek the opinions of experts in the field of sectarianism in Scotland, notably in relation to its historical and sociological context. As a result, two experts, both with a long list of academic qualifications and holding professorships at universities in Great Britain, were asked to submit reports. In fear of possible acts of retaliation against them and their families,both experts requested that their identity not be disclosed to the parties. The Chairman granted this exceptional treatment and decided to add the reports of both experts to the case file and also ordered that the identities and profiles of the witnesses be communicated to the Appeals Body."

Tom Devine for sure and maybe Gerry Finn, though Im not sure if he's a professor.

Names witheld incase they get abused. You've got to hand it to them. They cant help themselves.

The ending was hunks, one and all, don't know where hunks came from, tried to edit this but kept going back to hunks.
Your acerbic wit has been noted.
My post should read hunks, not hunks. There is not a lot that goes over my head. there is quite a lot that goes through it. Your acerbic wit has been noted.

Slightly off topic...anyone else gutting themselves at these posts?

He's determined to type snowflakes and it auto-changes to hunks. :D

All forms of sectarianism/racism should be treated equally.

Doesn't matter how much the victims piss their pants about it.

The fact is the - so called - anti sectarianism groups in Scotland are only interested in anti catholic behaviour.

There are political points, money and lots of media exposure to be gained from being out spoken against anti catholic behaviour.

We need a group who focuses only on violence or behaviour that is offensive to the protestant community or those perceived to be protestant.

I am fairly certain that since 2012, the levels of violence aimed at Rangers fans compared to violence against celtic fans would suggest we are the victims more often than not.

I have only read about it but McInnes should not be punished for the reaction today.

Excellent post. As usual I will give my usual nod towards:

Rangers Supporters Against Sectarianism Pressure Group.

Rangers SAS. We will take no more.

Fair enough.
But this was never about being offended and that is the point.
I doubt any of us cares a whit about what other teams supporters sing or even about what individual supporters say in their cups on social media or other.

But this is why you have to look at the matter from a political and cultural perspective.
This supposed 'non-concern' is being used maliciously and for gain, not by you against anyone, but by nasty people against you.
Not to offend you on a personal level, but to undermine your very being on a political and cultural level.
To diminish you as a person in society and to traduce and eliminate any influence you have at a cultural level and even at a political one.

It is a war, not one that you declared, but rather one that has been declared against you.
You can hide from it, you can stick your head in the sand, but it will still be the same.
You are the target and they are aiming at you no matter how much you decide to look away.
how very true,it's the (S.N.P./Sinn Fein) way or the highway

Latest posts

Back