Aberdeen Semi Final - Umar Sadiq

Sorry but the blame lies solely on Gerrard. Had Morelos on the pitch to pick up an unjust booking ruling him out. Bought a cup tied player in Lafferty. Kept the only other alternative on the bench with no game time and no sharpness whatsoever.

Sadiq was always going to be the fall guy if we never won that game, and sure enough he was, reality is he had more of an excuse for failing than any other player that night. He’s obviously a bit shite, but it wasn’t his fault. And given we lost, you could put more but of the blame on the defence for conceding such a pathetic goal.

He was our number 9.

God, it’s been a long season. Genuinely laughed out loud at his ‘highlights’ reel. Got called a Tim for saying he looked shite, because others “had a feeling”.

Not quite sure how we’ve ended up signing Umar Sadiq, Andy Firth and Jermaine Defoe in the same season.
“There’s a player in there”.... the cry in here for every shite player ever.

The only bigger mark of death is people posting mad stats like goals per minute or harking back to international caps.

When we beat Rapid early in October, it's safe to say we realised this was going to be a memorable season, everything was on (I did anyway). That defeat at Hampden just 3 weeks later was a kick in the haw maws and we never reached that 'feelgood feeling' again after that.
A sorry loss that day.

well we did at new year

and did the exact same thing a few weeks after that and fucked it away at kilmarnock

Shouldn’t have risked Morelos in the Ayr game - even at that point he was a yellow card waiting to happen.

Sadiq... my 8yr old pisses himself laughing at this guy and asks why Rangers had such a bad striker.
Sadiq makes Kevin Kyle looks like a stalwart for Rangers.

I seem to remember Sadiq not having much created for him in that match. The dice was about the only sniff he got all game. As had been our problem for a lot of the season, the midfield failed to create chances.

It was my opinion at the time, and still is, that Gerrard decided Sadiq would sink or swim on that one game. In his mind I think he already thought it would be sink. Which makes it more baffling.

Sadiq was pretty much thrown under the bus. But as others have said, playing Morelos in the previous tie was probably what cost us more.

It was just a bump in the road - or leaves on the railtrack? - in Stevie's developement as a manager.

Like other setbacks this season it's a fine line between success and failure. Sadiq could easily have scored a goal, even a lucky goal, and been a hero. But he didn't.

That's football.

It was just a bump in the road - or leaves on the railtrack? - in Stevie's developement as a manager.

Like other setbacks this season it's a fine line between success and failure. Sadiq could easily have scored a goal, even a lucky goal, and been a hero. But he didn't.

That's football.
It wasn’t a fine line though. He was atrocious. A comedy player.

Back