Aberdeen statement

Bonnyloyal

AFC welcomes the Sky deal brokered by the SPFL. Given the current circumstances we find ourselves in, it is an excellent deal and we really appreciate Sky’s constructive, partnership approach.

From the outset our commitment to supporters has been to deliver full value for our season ticket holders. Under this deal, AFC will be able to offer virtual access to season ticket holders for all closed-door home games and will continue to work with our colleagues at fellow Premiership clubs to explore potential arrangements to show away games.

There will be costs involved for us in implementing this broadcast deal but, allied with the suggested timetable for getting back to football, it gives us more certainty to develop a virtual package that will offer our season ticket holders and seasonal corporate clients the exclusive opportunity to watch the team in action once again.

Over 6,400 fans have supported the Club by purchasing a season ticket for which we thank you. While we finalise the details for a full-value package, my plea is that you continue to place your trust in me and the Club by buying season tickets because, for those who can, your support is still very much needed. Our guarantee is that we will make sure your season ticket is money well spent.

We’re really excited about getting back to training later this month with a view to closed door games kicking off at the start of August and, whilst we appreciate we are operating under ever-changing circumstances, we’re preparing, and hoping, to return to Pittodrie with partial crowds from November or December and full crowds in January 2021.

We fully appreciate the difficulties many supporters and the wider community are facing and that is why we are undertaking these three things:

1. Further supporting the community by extending the matched donation to the AFCCT #StillStandingFree campaign to the value of £200k. Over £150k has already been raised as a matched donation on the 6,400+ season tickets sold so far.

2. Continuing to pay the interest fees on the 6-month finance option for season tickets until the extended renewal deadline of 10th July

3. For supporters who have not been able to commit to a renewal or a new purchase in the early bird window, will receive the difference between full pricing and early bird pricing back as a credit to use on future season tickets or match purchases. Full details can be found below.

It’s going to be a long road back to Pittodrie but we’re committed to getting through this together and over the next few weeks we are going to take the fans on a journey to demonstrate what they can expect when we return.

From the Red Shed to Fan Zones, it will be truly memorable. We are all working hard behind the scenes to put these things in place to proactively deliver and do the right thing for our fans and our community.

STAND FREE!
Dave Cormack

not a mention of the fact they have had to spread the cost back over 5 years for finishing the season early

cant wait for there response on the bt one as i dont think they will be so easy to deal with

From the Red Shed to Fan Zones, it will be truly memorable.

So the Red Shed will be behind the sofa and the Fan Zones will be just in front of the telly.

Truly memorable indeed. Can't wait.

Meanwhile Sky/BT, thanks for your £2 million and here is the £10million we owe you.

not a mention of the fact they have had to spread the cost back over 5 years for finishing the season early

cant wait for there response on the bt one as i dont think they will be so easy to deal with
Bt will want every last penny, and payment in full as they're finished with Scottish football now.

Im pretty sure Rangers will be happy with it as well as it will let us sell season tickets and wont have to refund for games missed.

As much as Doncaster is a useless tit this is good news for the clubs.
I've not read through all of this but how does it facilitate the club not having to give refunds for matches missed.
Again without reading through it I don't see how argos can be the case at all. People are paying for a matchday experience not watching on tv. What happens with an older fan who only has a freeview tv and no internet? What about parent and child who don't stay together?
This should be an extra option not a replacement.

Am I picking this up correctly? So people who have bought a season ticket will be able to watch home games for free. So for us that means people will be paying around £25 per game to watch it on TV. Are the majority of ST holders going to be happy with that?

Am I picking this up correctly? So people who have bought a season ticket will be able to watch home games for free. So for us that means people will be paying around £25 per game to watch it on TV. Are the majority of ST holders going to be happy with that?

It's a disgrace really, as long as all the players get 100% of their wage is all that matters though.

It ensures that I'll still be able to see all our games, so yeah. What's the alternative?

Everyone who renewed did so in the full knowledge it was highly likely we weren't going to get to physically go to games until 2021.

Last edited:
I've not read through all of this but how does it facilitate the club not having to give refunds for matches missed.
Again without reading through it I don't see how argos can be the case at all. People are paying for a matchday experience not watching on tv. What happens with an older fan who only has a freeview tv and no internet? What about parent and child who don't stay together?
This should be an extra option not a replacement.

I actually agree. Making it optional would be a good shout and either let people take a partial refund on STs for games missed or the option to take the RTV VST option would be a good move.

Let's face it though, it's not really about the supporters, it's about retaining cash for the club. and giving as little recompense as possible.

"Happy" is a stretch I'd wager. A stream of the game is not anything like compensation for losing out on the matchday experience you are paying for. However, I suspect most will accept it is better than nothing and as good as we are likely to be offered.

As a matter of principle, I’ll be watching the games on RTV wherever possible.

Its RTV who'll be showing the home games.

Only question mark is whether Sky will also allow clubs to stream the Sky games as well.

Its RTV who'll be showing the home games.

Only question mark is whether Sky will also allow clubs to stream the Sky games as well.

I’m not really understanding this methinks. If RTV are streaming it why would anyone pay to Sky if they have RTV subscription?

Also Sky are supposed to be showing SPFL games anyway, which ones are gonna be covered by Sky subscription and which are gonna need a ‘virtual season ticket’?

This has got the aura of a scam about it.

It doesn’t seem right to me, and I’m no longer a ST holder.

I’m not really understanding this methinks. If RTV are streaming it why would anyone pay to Sky if they have RTV subscription?

Also Sky are supposed to be showing SPFL games anyway, which ones are gonna be covered by Sky subscription and which are gonna need a ‘virtual season ticket’?

They're not paying Sky.

Sky will show the 48 games as normal, as they are contracted to do.

The virtual ST means the clubs can now sell/provide (to ST holders it appears) the option to watch home games not shown on Sky to watch live on their own platforms (eg RTV) in the UK - which the current Sky rights package does not allow.

Regular RTV subscription doesn't include home league games at normal kick-off time in the UK. Hence folk using VPNs.

"Happy" is a stretch I'd wager. A stream of the game is not anything like compensation for losing out on the matchday experience you are paying for. However, I suspect most will accept it is better than nothing and as good as we are likely to be offered.

Agreed. Not saying I agree with it but based on the fact we got a 25 quid voucher for 5 games I'm sure a method of watching the games online this season is as much as were going to get.

It ensures that I'll still be able to see all our games, so yeah. What's the alternative?

Everyone who renewed did so in the full knowledge it was highly likely we weren't going to get to physically go to games until 2021.

Completely agree, TN8.

I bought mine with the same mindset.

I actually agree. Making it optional would be a good shout and either let people take a partial refund on STs for games missed or the option to take the RTV VST option would be a good move.

Let's face it though, it's not really about the supporters, it's about retaining cash for the club. and giving as little recompense as possible.
The club needs as much cash as possible this season more than any to wrestle the title back.....with 15k waiting I would hope we sell our books at full price with nobody wanting refunds. If people want refunds then refund the lot and sell the books to people who won't mind missing games BCD supply and demand for me. Too many will want to pay to keep seats then kick up shite demanding refunds even though we've known BCD was always going to happen.

It's a pretty ruthless outlook I know but what if there's a 2nd outbreak November time and whole season is BCD it would utterly ruin the club if fans demanded all the cash back after having paid the players the whole season.

It ain't going to last forever so I would hope our support suck it up for 1 season till we get back to normal. I think 10% would want refunds but if we start the season poorly then I can see that escalating rapidly so for me the club must make a choice and say no refunds at all and games are free on rtv to season book holders if your not happy then refund before season starts and let someone else buy the seat.

For the same reason you'd pay Sky now, they'll be showing all the away games and the games v the filth.

This agreement is Sky allowing Rangers (and the rest of the clubs) to show the rest of their home games in the UK, which is not currently allowed.

Why dont people understand that if they dont buy a season ticket in high numbers the club cannot function and would have to sell or lay off the majority of the squad? What other alternative is there mate?

Sky have paid for 48 games. Including old firm and other big games. No different to every other season. How the %^*& is that a scam?

The club needs as much cash as possible this season more than any to wrestle the title back.....with 15k waiting I would hope we sell our books at full price with nobody wanting refunds. If people want refunds then refund the lot and sell the books to people who won't mind missing games BCD supply and demand for me. Too many will want to pay to keep seats then kick up shite demanding refunds even though we've known BCD was always going to happen.

It's a pretty ruthless outlook I know but what if there's a 2nd outbreak November time and whole season is BCD it would utterly ruin the club if fans demanded all the cash back after having paid the players the whole season.

It ain't going to last forever so I would hope our support suck it up for 1 season till we get back to normal. I think 10% would want refunds but if we start the season poorly then I can see that escalating rapidly so for me the club must make a choice and say no refunds at all and games are free on rtv to season book holders if your not happy then refund before season starts and let someone else buy the seat.

Your outlook is ruthless indeed, but probably accurate and why I've said before on here that the relationship between club and supporter is far from as "loyal" as many would like to believe.

We are a financial commodity who can be replaced by any other faceless individual who has some money to pay, even if we have paid into the club and supported for decades. Yet some would find it perplexing that a portion of the fans might not be happy to just keep handing money over without expecting the product they pay for in return.

Your outlook is ruthless indeed, but probably accurate and why I've said before on here that the relationship between club and supporter is far from as "loyal" as many would like to believe.

We are a financial commodity who can be replaced by any other faceless individual who has some money to pay, even if we have paid into the club and supported for decades. Yet some would find it perplexing that a portion of the fans might not be happy to just keep handing money over without expecting the product they pay for in return.
Supporters will never be replaced with faceless individuals. What does that even mean? What other group of 50k people would replace 50k ST buying rangers supporters?

Do you realise that our board of directors are personally putting in millions of pounds into a loss making business, sacrificing their kids inheritance money in order to run the club? E make £10m losses even after all the ST money.

You either pay the club you love money for a season ticket to support them in our journey back to the club or you dont pay any money at all. If you refuse to pay money then you have no right to moan about not getting good players or seeing players being sold/contracts ripped up due to them not having the financial resources.

What is there to be annoyed about too? The sky decision let's our own club justify season ticket sales. Oh and Aberdeen backed us in our independent enquiry.

That the SPFL brokered a deal in the best interests of the SPFL and not the member clubs that it should serve. Locking into a 5 year deal for a TV company in the age of internet based service providers starting to gain traction is incredibly short sighted.

But then we had to basically give in and do what Sky wanted because the SPFL would have had to pay a penalty for not finishing the season they were in a hurry to declare completed.

The SPFL and SPL for the past 20 years have added very little value and continue to do so, from the catastrophic setanta balls up, which then black balled us with Sky putting any future deals on the back burner due to relationship breakdown and then there is the whole debacle with us in 2012.

Its an organisation that I struggle to see how it can add value and although accountable to member clubs hasn't been held accountable for any bad decisions for a number of years.

Agree with you also but if the club don't have any contingency plans if we do go full season BCD make no mistake we are in big trouble as supporters will want there money back declaring no refunds before we start will protect the club and give those the chance to recoup there cash if they so want too.

Stand free right up Lawell’s arse?
To be fair to the guy Dave Cormack, he's not anyone's poodle and knows there are problems in the governance of Scottish Football. He is definitely someone our board can work with.

We are not asking for other clubs to be bosom buddies by any means, just fair minded and free thinking .... he's certainly not one you can accuse of being up Liewell's arse....

don't get me started on the others like Hamilton and Motherwell though

Why dont people understand that if they dont buy a season ticket in high numbers the club cannot function and would have to sell or lay off the majority of the squad? What other alternative is there mate?
I've not said people should or shouldn't continue to buy tickets. I just think that if it turns out people are paying the same amount of money to watch a game on an internet stream that they would have to watch at the stadium then it seems a bit steep. Especially when you factor in that the clubs matchday costs will be significantly lower than they normally would with 50K coming through the doors. For that reason alone I'd assume a reduced rate would be more appropriate. That's before you take in the logistical issues that another poster mentioned regarding people without internet, parents living apart from kids etc.

I've lived in this shithoose for 30 years and have no idea WTF Stand Free is all about. I care less, mind you.

Supporters will never be replaced with faceless individuals. What does that even mean? What other group of 50k people would replace 50k ST buying Rangers supporters?

Do you realise that our board of directors are personally putting in millions of pounds into a loss making business, sacrificing their kids inheritance money in order to run the club? E make £10m losses even after all the ST money.

You either pay the club you love money for a season ticket to support them in our journey back to the club or you dont pay any money at all. If you refuse to pay money then you have no right to moan about not getting good players or seeing players being sold/contracts ripped up due to them not having the financial resources.

What it means is that if you're a supporter who has followed the club loyally for decades, then can't pay the money for one season due to personal circumstances, there will be no emotional tie, no loyalty, no anything from the club to you. Nobody will be taking your loyalty into account or making allowances to cover you or keep you in a ticket. They won't give a monkeys as long as another body is in the seat you vacate who pays the money.

That is the harsh reality of the relationship between a supporter (customer) and the club (business) in honest terms.

Now, I actually fully accept that as what it is. But what it also means is that when we get the statements about rewarding our loyalty and filled with gratitude, while giving us £25 vouchers as a "thank you" I put it in the bin figuratively and take it with a large pinch of salt.

It's also a harsh reality that some people don't like to hear/admit that people don't just pay money for tickets to help the club financially. People pay to go along and watch the football, in the ground and at a relative premium given ticket prices in this country for the game. So when those same people who have handed cash over for that don't get it, it shouldn't be seen as such an affront by folk when they feel short-changed and want properly compensated for not getting that. especially when those same folk are the very ones who tend to point out that those supporters (who have been loyal for a great many years) "won't be missed" if they don't come back.

I fully appreciate the money put in by those who have. Fair play to them, but in relative terms, I also respect the amount of money paying punters have put in which is stretching their own means very often. We have a Hell of a habit of getting torn into people who have been good supporters for all/most of their lives the second they actually ask a fairly reasonable question about what they're getting for their money beyond the stock "a club to support".

What it means is that if you're a supporter who has followed the club loyally for decades, then can't pay the money for one season due to personal circumstances, there will be no emotional tie, no loyalty, no anything from the club to you. Nobody will be taking your loyalty into account or making allowances to cover you or keep you in a ticket. They won't give a monkeys as long as another body is in the seat you vacate who pays the money.

That is the harsh reality of the relationship between a supporter (customer) and the club (business) in honest terms.

Now, I actually fully accept that as what it is. But what it also means is that when we get the statements about rewarding our loyalty and filled with gratitude, while giving us £25 vouchers as a "thank you" I put it in the bin figuratively and take it with a large pinch of salt.

It's also a harsh reality that some people don't like to hear/admit that people don't just pay money for tickets to help the club financially. People pay to go along and watch the football, in the ground and at a relative premium given ticket prices in this country for the game. So when those same people who have handed cash over for that don't get it, it shouldn't be seen as such an affront by folk when they feel short-changed and want properly compensated for not getting that. especially when those same folk are the very ones who tend to point out that those supporters (who have been loyal for a great many years) "won't be missed" if they don't come back.

I fully appreciate the money put in by those who have. Fair play to them, but in relative terms, I also respect the amount of money paying punters have put in which is stretching their own means very often. We have a Hell of a habit of getting torn into people who have been good supporters for all/most of their lives the second they actually ask a fairly reasonable question about what they're getting for their money beyond the stock "a club to support".
I dont disagree with you RE not understanding personal circumstance. I agree with you on that they should be more accommodating and to be honest it's a lesson in customer service if anything. Re the 25 quid voucher, I personally dont think that the club can afford to give more back. Last years ST money was spent long ago and the last 6 months have been funded fully by directors.

World famous :oops:, massive club :oops:, the sheep keep telling us.

6,500 season ticket sales so far. :))

Irrelevant horrible sheep shagging bastards, that's all.
Normally I’d agree but their target was 10k and even with the uncertainty of this virus and jobs i’ve got to give them credit .

This whole Sky thing is a bit of smack in the face for say a family of 2,3 or 4 ST holders who will end up watching the game together.

That's a lot of £.

Back