• Aribo

Votes: 251 20.1%
  • Morelos

Votes: 18 1.4%
  • Arfield

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters

Coopers left foot.

3 points at the sheep is always, but always, a good result. We only have to go there once more this season, which has to be a bonus now.
Balogun really looked the part, Kent scored a great goal and points on the board.
Without being negative, still see many of the same irritants in our play, that have dogged us before.
Let's hope the Jap has rammed the SPFL computer up Doncaster's arse. Plan didn't work.
In all fairness we're still in pre season, fitness wise and match sharpness.
If we can keep taking 3points until we're there, I'm happy.

Commentator

I really hope the goal today was to convince Leverkusen that we are a walk-over otherwise I can't see the benefit in approaching any competitive game like it's training.
Disappointed in that performance.

TPP

I thought kamara and jack disappeared second half. One of them needs to dictate the tempo and play. Someone needs to feed aribo and back him up. Hagi was poor also but shows signs of brilliance.

Morelos was excellent with zero service and 3 on top of him. The new CH and Goldson were outstanding, Kent’s goal was excellent.

over the moon with the result, fantastic start!

coplandrearl36

Official Ticketer
I must be losing it.

Thats the most comfortable we’ve been in the last 15 minutes up there for years. Never thought at anytime threatened, easily seeing out the game, infact if it was not for a deflection and a clearance off the line it was 0-3.
I‘ll take that with no injuries and no cards.
Sheep are just more of the same rubbish.

Zwingli'sSausages

Great first half. Hagi, Alfie, Kent & Aribo pulling their defence all over. Great finish from Kent.
Second half we dropped too deep again. Jack & Kamara not getting the ball forward quick enough when we did have possession.
That said, they were getting zero joy with our defence, who look solid.

First game of the season and 3 points. That is all that matters.

DJ_RFC_1872

3 points in the bag.

Balogun looks solid.

But as i've been feeling for a while we do not have a strong enough squad our first 11 picks itself after that we lack quality imo we need about 3 or 4 more players.

Fothyman

Aberdeen set up not to attack and the only time in the first half they pressed forward then we scored.

Shooting wasn't as accurate as it should have been, their keeper didn't have to many saves but Taylor for them did stop a couple of goal bound shots.

3 points, no injuries, no bookings and a potentially tricky match out the way on the first day. Looks to be a reasonably good understanding between the front 3 with all 3 combining for the goal, central defence looks solid and didn't think we looked under pressure other than a scramble.

Blue Tack

Morelos IS carrying timber I don’t care what anyone says ,he was holding back ,he provided the assist for the goal so it’s balanced ,such a brilliant player on his game but I felt he didn’t have his game in him because he wasn’t 100% fit ,just my opinion

Zwingli'sSausages

Goldson is the talker and organiser at the back.

2 outstanding diagonal balls as well that Kent and Hagi could've scored from.

Never lost a single challenge either mate.

Both played very well.
I never understood the people that talk down Goldson. Our most consistent player over two years. Never hides and is obviously a massive influence on the pitch.

I remember watching an Inside Ibrox from last year with big Connor geeing up the other players. They were going out for the pre match warm up.

Texas ranger

That'll do, bit rusty in the linkup at times though but that will come. Must be the first time in some time we haven't had a player booked against them?
Actually, very surprisingly, it was only three games against them ago, the 5-0 win at Ibrox last September. Funnily enough, Madden refereed that game too.

Clearly the game plan was for Morelos to drop deep today, I thought he played that formation very well. dont agree with some on here saying he looks disinterested. Just seen his stats, more touches than in any game for him last season, most fouls committed and most fouls won and an assist for the winner. We strolled that game, better things to come as the players get sharper, 60% possession and the win was never in doubt.

Scarlett

Thought the way we played today with Alfie playing that bit deeper would be perfect if he leaves and we get Roofe in.

Can see why we're after Zunga, give us a little more drive from deep midfield.

All in a good performance on the first day of the season at a difficult away fixture. Also no bookings. I'm a happy Bear.

BunkMoreland

Official Ticketer
Comfortable enough, Balogun a steal, composed and good pace, Kent good. Tav poor, needs replaced, Kamara too negative, some worries, very much like a lot of last season, dominating and not putting teams away.
Alfie a shadow of the player at the start of last season, his heads not in it, freshen up the midfield, new attackers, new captain and a goalie who’s not rooted to his line and we will be up there.
So a whole new team then?
Horrid take.