Votes: 272 21.8%
  • Aribo

Votes: 251 20.1%
  • Morelos

Votes: 18 1.4%
  • Arfield

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters
Take the three points every day of the week.

We werent great but apart from one scare we were never troubled. Would like us to be more creative because for all the ball we had we didnt create s great deal.

Balogun looks decent.

Onwards and upwards.

As I expected, a first difficult game. Three points at Pittodrie is a big deal. Not at our best. A few of the players could have been better. I had hoped for more from Aribo & Hagi. Both played fine with nice touches but didn’t set the heather on fire. Kent played well. Kamara was solid but tends to lose the ball in dangerous positions. Overall, very pleased we pulled it off.

Not a great performance but a satisfying win and a poke in eye to SPFL’s cunning plan to give the Rangers one the more difficult starts, with the hope that we’ll drop points and give their beloved Celtic a head start.

Hagi looked a bit off today poor touches let him down .
Aribo seems to be getting better with every game
Kent had a good game
Jack and Kamara can't play in the same team too negative.
Morelos no service but has an assist.

Can see why we need a new midfielder.

3 points at the sheep is always, but always, a good result. We only have to go there once more this season, which has to be a bonus now.
Balogun really looked the part, Kent scored a great goal and points on the board.
Without being negative, still see many of the same irritants in our play, that have dogged us before.
Let's hope the Japanese has rammed the SPFL computer up Doncaster's arse. Plan didn't work.

Any win at that shit pit is a good result. Job done today.

We’ll get better and there will likely be ins and outs before October. People need to remember that before launching into a few of the players.

I thought our defence looked tighter today - a really good debut from Balogun & the others in the back four looked more like a unit

Having said that I'm not sure how much of that was down to us or how poor dolly's toothless attack was

I thought Haji looked a bit rusty - but hopefully will improve sharpness with another run out

Apart from that - it was a great result- that fixture is always difficult whatever the circumstances & keeping a clean sheet while gaining 3 points is not to be sniffed at

We were off it today in an attacking sense with poor final passes and shooting but we looked pretty comfortable on the whole. Happily take 1-0 in games where we’re not at our best.

Goldson MOTM for me with Balogun not far behind.

Outstanding debut from him and both our central defenders were rock solid.

For the life of me I don’t see where you got that one from. Balogun was the player controlling that defence , Goldson holds on to the ball too long for my liking.
It was a tad too similar to last season.

That age-old problem we have of not being able to finish teams off when we are in control of matches is going to cost us dear this season, as it has in many years past.

Good 3 points in one of our tougher away games. Thought we totally controlled it.

Positives for me
  • Balogun was excellent.
  • Morelos played really intelligently, dropping to link up play
  • I like the fact we’re no longer relying only on getting it wide to Tav and Borna, but also looking to play more through the middle with Aribo and Hagi.
  • We managed to close it out to win the 3 points, rather than folding in the last 15 minutes.
Concerns
  • Lack of pace in midfield in terms of moving the ball forward quickly enough. Kamara and Jack both tend to look sideways and take the simple option. Need more directness in there, hopefully Zunga adds that to our play if he comes in. Kamara would drop to the bench for me.
  • Intensity worries me a little. Yes we controlled it but I’d like to have seen us up the intensity and create more chances. 2-0 is always better than 1-0.
Overall though, a fine result and start to the season.

It's always tricky at 1-0 mate. No room for mistakes. But you're right in that we were way in front of the sheep.

Yeah, I think the problem is more that we remember all too well chucking games away so when watching it felt way more nervy than it actually was.

Could tell after the first 5 minutes that was going to be a slog. Nowhere near the tempo that we started against Motherwell or Coventry. Too slow and predictable and I fear it’s going to be more of the same this season. Good to get in and out with a win but we cannot continue to play games at that pace.

I
I must have been watching a different game. Thought we were terrible middle to front and hardly created a chance outside the goal. Aberdeen haven't even had a proper warm up game. Can't see any improvement from last season's shit show. Also, Gerrard make a fucking change. 75 minutes today as Aberdeen slowly worked their way into the game.
I think you were , comfortable win at Aberdeen and you say it shit
Some people never happy

Room for improvement and we will improve no doubt.
The positive today is last season we would have came back down the road with one point.

For the life of me I don’t see where you got that one from. Balogun was the player controlling that defence , Goldson holds on to the ball too long for my liking.
It was a tad too similar to last season.

Goldson is the talker and organiser at the back.

2 outstanding diagonal balls as well that Kent and Hagi could've scored from.

Never lost a single challenge either mate.

Both played very well.

3 points at the sheep is always, but always, a good result. We only have to go there once more this season, which has to be a bonus now.
Balogun really looked the part, Kent scored a great goal and points on the board.
Without being negative, still see many of the same irritants in our play, that have dogged us before.
Let's hope the Japanese has rammed the SPFL computer up Doncaster's arse. Plan didn't work.
In all fairness we're still in pre season, fitness wise and match sharpness.
If we can keep taking 3points until we're there, I'm happy.

I really hope the goal today was to convince Leverkusen that we are a walk-over otherwise I can't see the benefit in approaching any competitive game like it's training.
Disappointed in that performance.

I thought kamara and jack disappeared second half. One of them needs to dictate the tempo and play. Someone needs to feed aribo and back him up. Hagi was poor also but shows signs of brilliance.

Morelos was excellent with zero service and 3 on top of him. The new CH and Goldson were outstanding, Kent’s goal was excellent.

over the moon with the result, fantastic start!

I must be losing it.

Thats the most comfortable we’ve been in the last 15 minutes up there for years. Never thought at anytime threatened, easily seeing out the game, infact if it was not for a deflection and a clearance off the line it was 0-3.
I‘ll take that with no injuries and no cards.
Sheep are just more of the same rubbish.

Great first half. Hagi, Alfie, Kent & Aribo pulling their defence all over. Great finish from Kent.
Second half we dropped too deep again. Jack & Kamara not getting the ball forward quick enough when we did have possession.
That said, they were getting zero joy with our defence, who look solid.

First game of the season and 3 points. That is all that matters.

3 points in the bag.

Balogun looks solid.

But as i've been feeling for a while we do not have a strong enough squad our first 11 picks itself after that we lack quality imo we need about 3 or 4 more players.

3pts in the bag. Thought Balogun played well and looks like he’ll be a good signing for us. Not the best performance but more importantly we’re off to a winning start

Back