Votes: 272 21.8%
  • Aribo

Votes: 251 20.1%
  • Morelos

Votes: 18 1.4%
  • Arfield

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters
Aberdeen set up not to attack and the only time in the first half they pressed forward then we scored.

Shooting wasn't as accurate as it should have been, their keeper didn't have to many saves but Taylor for them did stop a couple of goal bound shots.

3 points, no injuries, no bookings and a potentially tricky match out the way on the first day. Looks to be a reasonably good understanding between the front 3 with all 3 combining for the goal, central defence looks solid and didn't think we looked under pressure other than a scramble.

Morelos IS carrying timber I don’t care what anyone says ,he was holding back ,he provided the assist for the goal so it’s balanced ,such a brilliant player on his game but I felt he didn’t have his game in him because he wasn’t 100% fit ,just my opinion

Goldson is the talker and organiser at the back.

2 outstanding diagonal balls as well that Kent and Hagi could've scored from.

Never lost a single challenge either mate.

Both played very well.

I never understood the people that talk down Goldson. Our most consistent player over two years. Never hides and is obviously a massive influence on the pitch.

I remember watching an Inside Ibrox from last year with big Connor geeing up the other players. They were going out for the pre match warm up.

That'll do, bit rusty in the linkup at times though but that will come. Must be the first time in some time we haven't had a player booked against them?
Actually, very surprisingly, it was only three games against them ago, the 5-0 win at Ibrox last September. Funnily enough, Madden refereed that game too.

Clearly the game plan was for Morelos to drop deep today, I thought he played that formation very well. dont agree with some on here saying he looks disinterested. Just seen his stats, more touches than in any game for him last season, most fouls committed and most fouls won and an assist for the winner. We strolled that game, better things to come as the players get sharper, 60% possession and the win was never in doubt.

Thought the way we played today with Alfie playing that bit deeper would be perfect if he leaves and we get Roofe in.

Can see why we're after Zunga, give us a little more drive from deep midfield.

All in a good performance on the first day of the season at a difficult away fixture. Also no bookings. I'm a happy Bear.

Comfortable enough, Balogun a steal, composed and good pace, Kent good. Tav poor, needs replaced, Kamara too negative, some worries, very much like a lot of last season, dominating and not putting teams away.
Alfie a shadow of the player at the start of last season, his heads not in it, freshen up the midfield, new attackers, new captain and a goalie who’s not rooted to his line and we will be up there.

So a whole new team then?
Horrid take.

can definitely tell Ally doesn't watch much Scottish football, going on about Eduoard's "physicality" for a game V us :D

scored a goal where we were trying to play an offside trap at Ibrox and scored a goal that came off his hand at the scumdome which Clancy should have disallowed but didn't. He did nothing physical like Dykes or Cosgrove against our CBs last year and in all honesty, did nothing other than score the two aforementioned goals

Comfortable enough, Balogun a steal, composed and good pace, Kent good. Tav poor, needs replaced, Kamara too negative, some worries, very much like a lot of last season, dominating and not putting teams away.
Alfie a shadow of the player at the start of last season, his heads not in it, freshen up the midfield, new attackers, new captain and a goalie who’s not rooted to his line and we will be up there.
Just beat aberdeen away and your talkin about changing the full team .

All those saying no drive from midfield, Kent and Hagi were similar, the only one, was Aribo. Even Joe dropped it for a period of 2nd half.
Gameplan was to score 1st and control the ball, Sheep are powderpuff upfront so for them to get at us they had to open up but they didn’t have the tools to do that.
No fans meant no influence on Ref to give dodgy free kicks, so the only attacking option for sheep was gone.
Easiest game up there for a while.

I never understood the people that talk down Goldson. Our most consistent player over two years. Never hides and is obviously a massive influence on the pitch.

I remember watching an Inside Ibrox from last year with big Connor geeing up the other players. They were going out for the pre match warm up.
The biggest myth within our support is that Goldson is rotten. He’s top, top drawer

3 points in the bag and a clean sheet. That's a job well done. First half we controlled the game without creating many chances. The second half was a bit nervy anytime the got a set piece. Great debut from Balogun. Aribo and Kent had a great game. Morelos needs to lose weight.

On to Thursday. WATP

I must admit was a bit concerned the longer the game went on at one nil. Performance could be better but great goal. Clean sheet and 3 points. Enjoy your weekend bears

Would have taken that beforehand.

Still think our midfield could be more positive though. Not killing teams off will bite us on the arse. Again.
Yep I agree to a point with you but I think it's certain that at least one midfielder will come in and help out there. But I know I am not a Tavernier fan and again today his slack passing irritated and worried me, I saw Gerrard having a word with him at the end regarding mistakes he had made and was giving him a bit of advice I hope he listens.

Back