Votes: 272 21.8%
  • Aribo

Votes: 251 20.1%
  • Morelos

Votes: 18 1.4%
  • Arfield

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters
Balogun gets my MOTM vote. Good debut from the Nigerian, Won everything in the air, Great distribution, Very calm looking CB.

Thought we were fairly poor overall but would have taken that result before the game. 3 points and hopefully now we can get a few quality players in and push on.

Even without the usual Pittordrie atmosphere that was a potential banana skin for us so happy with the win and happy that Kent looked refreshed and up for it today.

Fair play, you're right that Balogun is starting but I think that is an absolutely crazy decision. Really crazy.

Away at Pittodrie and we've switched to a CB pairing who've never played in a game together.

Add the fact that Goldson and Edmundson kept clean sheet after clean sheet in the friendlies then it makes it even more of a bad decision for me.

Worked out well enough ;)

He had

In injury time at 1-0, unless it’s an easy finish, you keep the ball. He clearly didn’t fancy scoring so made the right decision to pass the ball.
Problem being it’s not just those circumstances in this game that he is shot shy (Ross County being an exception) ... it’s definitely something our team lacks

Just caught the game there (nightshift).

Personal thought was it was a very good team performance to kick off the season. Pinned Aberdeen back pretty much all the game.

Great goal from Kent.

not sure if anyone has mentioned it but we didn't have a yellow card in the game today? when was the last time we've played a game V them at any venue and not get one?

does that show the ref is affected to do their job by the crowd?
Clancy all but said so in his recent car crash interview.

Balogun, Goldson, Kent and Aribo all played well.

Barasic, Jack and Morelos were all fine, not great but passable.

Tav, Kamara and Hagi were below par but still contributed.

A good result, an OK performance, and the suggestion that there is much more to come.

Poor game but happy with the win

Still the same old problems with struggling to break teams down with our only real chance coming on the break

best player on the park today, a possible Davie Weir type signing
It was taken from a football analyst tbh but I was impressed today and he showed up well it's a good start but can never judge a player on one game but if he continues with performances like that then he'll do well

Good result , average performance, thought Balogun was excellent. We probably should have scored a few more given that Aberdeen were crap. Also did not think we enjoyed playing on that pitch, looked very slow/sticky.
Anyways 3 points all that matters, come on the Accies.

I still cant believe we were given Aberdeen away for opening match and the Tims got Hamilton, even though we knew their opening match would be at home.
We will have disappointed many by taking 3 points today. If Hamilton take anything from the Piggery tomorrow I'll laugh my tits off.

Poor game but happy with the win

Still the same old problems with struggling to break teams down with our only real chance coming on the break
I know its the first game of the season but it looked like s game from last season.
3 points on the first day is as good as it gets

Was very impressed with Balogun. Big man barely broke sweat. Aribo was just Aribo, didn't even get out first gear and still had more skill and talent than the whole Aberdeen team.

It was a poor game, however Rangers were in control for the most part. I'm sure another 3 or 4 quality additions will tip the balance in our favour.

3 points is all that matters to me, Balogun had a great debut, on to Thursday now we do play well being the underdogs “you never know” just feels great to be back I feel very positive about it.

Bit of a damp performance is I’m honest. I’ll take the three points all day long. Felt we could have finished them today. I voted the new CB Balogun can’t remember how it’s spelt. However he did not have a lot to do. He has not been tested. The raw fundamentals are there however. Morelos looked like he was playing not to get injured. Didn’t really have a clinical edge to our game. Very boring March to watch.

Bit of a damp performance is I’m honest. I’ll take the three points all day long. Felt we could have finished them today. I voted the new CB Balogun can’t remember how it’s spelt. However he did not have a lot to do. He has not been tested. The raw fundamentals are there however. Morelos looked like he was playing not to get injured. Didn’t really have a clinical edge to our game. Very boring March to watch.

disagree with he didn’t have a lot to do comment

won headers, read play very well (like hemdani) and intercepted lots, very fucking calm and cool, brave and clearly will ‘get it’, broke forward when he could and I think he didn’t misplace a pass. Classy looking player.

agree he wasn’t ‘pressured’ like some teams will do but that ain’t his fault. He did well.

disagree re Alfie comment too - he’s clearly had work done to drop a bit and pull defenders around to make space. Didn’t quite get shots away as he would want but he brought his team mates into the game very well & a perfect pass for Kent

it was boring but I think we just controlled it well and seen it out

Heading for bed. Played golf this afternoon and badly, couldnt concentrate, put it down to PME.
Post Match Excitement :p

Voted Kent.

Excellent finish and he genuinely looked a class above everyone else on the park.

Aribo, Balogun and Goldson not far behind.

Solid enough performance. Completely in control from start to finish.

3pts in a place Gerrard's Rangers haven't had much success in. Damn good start.

Now for some reinforcements...

Back