Match Thread Aberdeen v Rangers - 13:00 Sunday 5th - Sky Sports

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
HOYIZp7.png

Lot of graft in that team.

Creativity from tav, candeias and Kent in the main.

I think Murphy may start for Kent tbh.

We look a lot more solid.

Graft and guile. Candeias will get down the wing, Arfield will go box to box and Kent has pace and work ethic too.

Depending on how the game is going - I'd like to see Sadiq come on for the last 20 minutes or so if we haven't wrapped it up by then
I don't think they'd be able to deal with him at all - they'd revert to hacking him down - if they get close enough that is

First game of a new season is allways hard to predict. If we play the way we can play then it should be 3 points. Can't wait for this. Going 2-1 to the Sons of William. C'MON THE RANGERS! LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!

For the first time in years I've got butterflies of excitement for this rather than a feeling of dread. I've been swithering on what I think the final score will be but I reckon our solid defence will see a 2-0 win.

Just been told that Aberdeen are planning an applause tomorrow for Neale Cooper. Anyone else heard this? Just checked and he did die end of May so not a real shock I guess, just think it would have been better done with Burnley and not us.

I fancy a 2-0 win. Soon as the fixtures came out I thought this would be a great game to go and lay down a marker early.

Just been told that Aberdeen are planning an applause tomorrow for Neale Cooper. Anyone else heard this? Just checked and he did die end of May so not a real shock I guess, just think it would have been better done with Burnley and not us.
Cooper played for us as well remember, not a fan of the applause but there will be no issues at the games.

Let’s get tore into these sheep bastards tomorrow Rangers! Wish i could fast forward 24 hours!

Cooper played for us as well remember, not a fan of the applause but there will be no issues at the games.
I had a brain fart. The boy that told me kept going on about Neal breaking Durrants leg, didn't pause to think about it and let myself get annoyed lol. He's obviously mixing him up with Simpson and I didn't twig.

For the last day or so aberdeen has been completely infested with weird fly things. They are everywhere! Can’t even open the car windows and stuff. Hopefully they aren’t bad at the ground as it would get incredibly annoying.

That's a strong team. For the first time in a long time I feel we will comfortably see this one out. Craving another clean sheet.

Lot of graft in that team.

Creativity from tav, candeias and Kent in the main.

I think Murphy may start for Kent tbh.

We look a lot more solid.
We look a look more restrained and slower and predictable as well though. Two right footers playing on the left isn't good i don't think. Slows the game down, stops momentum and forces us inside all the time rather than down the line.

Let's go for the throat and attack them and hammer them. Let's go!

We look a look more restrained and slower and predictable as well though. Two right footers playing on the left isn't good i don't think. Slows the game down, stops momentum and forces us inside all the time rather than down the line.

Let's go for the throat and attack them and hammer them. Let's go!
You know Kent can go with either foot right?

A massive difference to this time last year. I am confident that we will win. Rarely did I forecast that last season. My only worry is that we don’t bury all our chances and this may hurt us. We have enough good players to take them.

I think Middleton is very similar to Kent but has a better end product.Both however will stay in the game longer than Murphy.Murphy to me takes long spells out like Windass.
Murphy is a decent player but he's too right footed to play down the left as he always cuts inside. Need someone fast and direct to get down the line and get the ball in the box. The old skool Rangers way!

I'm happy with either Kent or Middleton in that role.

Windass if he's gonna play should be played as a number 9. Would score a bucket load I reckon.

Murphy is a decent player but he's too right footed to play down the left as he always cuts inside. Need someone fast and direct to get down the line and get the ball in the box. The old skool Rangers way!

I'm happy with either Kent or Middleton in that role.

Windass if he's gonna play should be played as a number 9. Would score a bucket load I reckon.
Only part I can't agree with is Windass.
Ain't got the heart for this game

I think Middleton is very similar to Kent but has a better end product.Both however will stay in the game longer than Murphy.Murphy to me takes long spells out like Windass.
If there's not much to choose between Kent & Middleton then I'd go for Middleton- he's our player of course -
Although he's still a touch young to be playing 2 games a week for example & it might make sense to swap them for different games early on in the season like now

I can't agree with the comparison between JW & JM though
The biggest difference for me is that JM at least understands & reads the game something I'm not sure JW will ever do
His positional sense is streets ahead of JW
While I may have been disappointed with some of JM's performances he's never perfected the disappearing act the way JW has - consequently he's much less frustrating even if he is having a bad game IMHO

I'm going for this team to start (even if they can't spell Coulibaly right).

rangers-xi-505c7f52b566116d4888d73b897502fb.jpg

Looks good enough to me and good enough to come back down the road with 3 points.

Looking forward to a good wee day out.

He played for both teams, why not tomorrow mate?

I expect Arfield to start, and wouldn't be a huge surprise if either Murphy or Windass came in as well.

The 2 young Liverpool loanees have done well, but not sure whether this one too early in their settling in period at our club.

2-1 Rangers!

I would love it if we went up there and put 3 past them but I canny see it, reckon it's going to be hard match but we will come away from there with the 3 points

We bested them a lot when we are absolutely pish at the back, think we will go there and blow them away, of course 1-0 will do :D

Mon the Gers, just do it.

A comfortable 2-0 victory would be brilliant, but any score in an ugly win will do fine for me.

Make an early season statement Rangers.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

2-0 Rangers.

Far more confident about this one than I was against Osijek. I will never fear the sheep going into a game. They could win this one 3-0 against us and I'd still be totally confident going into the next one. They're a simply inferior club.

Back