Match Thread Aberdeen v Rangers - 13:00 Sunday 5th - Sky Sports

We were going excellent I thought.

Officials were disgraceful but Morelos’ petulant attitude cost us in the end.
It’s never a red mate, he’s been barged twice and second time I think it’s a natural reaction.

Then you have the penalty, goal scoring opportunity but he stayed on the park?

Christ we are in for a long season.

Terrible decision from linesman that completely changed the game, at a time at which we looked like steamrollering the bastards.

We played with 10 men for over 85 minutes of that match and were the better team by a considerable distance. The sheep didn't deserve a point and won't be anywhere near us come the end of this season.

Have to agree it was not the stage for a flicks and tricks player. However the ball had stopped sticking to anyone up front and it was just constant in the last few minutes.

Feckin hell I never knew there was so many experts on here when it comes to what sub to bring on.
Hard to argue that the management made he wrong decisions.

And most called out the likely more suiting subs required before the changes were made.

It’s not the end of the world, a lesson learned perhaps.

I cant go through another season with these referees. Something needs to be done. I lost count of the amount of decisions in this game which were wrong.

I want to know now what rangers are going to do about it ?.

I hate losing of course but when i feel were losing due to wrong decisions week after week its sickening.

was the same last season for the first 6 or 7 games, alot of bad ' decisions ' then too.

I hope I’m wrong but that could be a massive blow to our season. Holding on for a win would have got us off to amazing start and the confidence would have been sky high . Instead we are playing catch up already. I know I’m
Sounding dramatic but to win the league we need to win games when we’re leading in injury time

I think mccrorie should have came on for Jack,would have helped see out the game,we brought on a more offensive player,just my opinion

1 game in and we’re behind already
cooking-show-face-rub.gif

Really confident for the season after watching that.

My only complaint in terms of our performance is that for the last 15-20 minutes we just starting kicking the ball up the pitch. We didn’t really have an out ball. The ball is only going to keep coming back at us doing that, and probability alone dictates they’ll get a chance at some stage, and they took it.

That said, the fact Sadiq wasn’t brought on to provide that says to me he’s still a fair bit away in terms of his fitness.

Reckon Lafferty will be in by next weekend. Especially if Morelos is suspended.

As for complaints about the standard of officiating.....too many to list. Pathetic as usual.

Painfully annoyed at that late goal. Just gutting but the fact we are disappointed at losing 2 points despite having 10 men for 80mins is a clear difference from last season.

Very impressed by our shape defensively in both defence and midfield. Jack was motm and Coulibaly was also excellent. The defence looked really great and its a shame about Tav with slackness at the end as he was really good apart from that.

Also got to give plaudits to Windass, not his biggest fan but his workrate was much improved from a defensive perspective. Albeit his final product lacked largely.

Gerrards subs weren't great. I didn't think Ejaria was the right sub and Windass should have came off as he was done. However we look a far better proposition this year already so can't be too critical.

Unfortunately though, the ref will be the major talking point. Hopefully the club calls him out. The no red card at the pen is particularly annoying as it shows a clear inability to apply the rules. Refs really need brought to task and punished appropriately for sh*te performances however that doesn't ever seem to happen

I was very proud of the team today. They were right up against it, the officials hung us out to dry.

What is my only worry ? The two young lads from Liverpool, granted they are very talented, but I wonder if Candeias and McCrorie would have made it too difficult for the guff sheep to get by us and is this Liverpool fine thing for non-appearance going to see inexperience leave us open with contracted Rangers players left out ?

Stevie G was right in everything he said. We were better than Aberdeen and that will show throughout the season. Aberdeen 100% relied on help from the referee.

Morelos does need to screw the nut on and do it big time. Sounds like the gaffer will be having a stern word with him. However, he pointed out the Aberdeen player fouled him twice and saw nothing but managed to get the kick no problem.

Absolute sickening. Aberdeen were sh*te but I think that was down to us being well organized and drilled.

Confident we’ll skelp them at Ibrox and finish above them this season.

The more you see it the more you see the sheep defender knows exactly what he’s doing.

The linesman is a joke.

The manager spoke the truth about Aberdeen there.

But didn't go in hard enough on the officials.

The Gaffer will make mistakes, we need to accept that. I'm sure he'll question the decisions he makes and learn from it.

It stings right now right enough
We should have won that :-(

look at the bigger picture people......... we looking good for the season.. very impressed with our 10 men against well 12.. we gonna kick some serious shit this season.

We can see the bigger picture and it's got feck all to do with the actual football.

I've put the Chelsea MC game on. Wish I'd waited for SG's interview now. Don't supose there's a link to it yet

Ejaria was the wrong sub but I think (not 100%) he was already stripped and ready to come on for someone else. Possibly an error on the gaffers part.

I think Gerrard was hoping that Ejaria could hit on the break and force them back a little bit. Bring on McRorie and I feel we would have went far too deep with no outball. This showed when a good pass from Coullibali would have put Ejaria in.

I love our manager, his post match interview shows what a class act he is. WE ARE BETTER
and he knows about the unfair treatment and I don’t see him being quiet and taking unfair decisions, cheating and lies.

I'm regards to Kent and Ejaria coming on when Aberdeen had Liverpool's keeper Rodgers on loan as part of the deal if he plays Liverpool paid the wages if he didn't Aberdeen paid the wages ....just thought it's worth mentioning

Hard to argue that the management made he wrong decisions.

And most called out the likely more suiting subs required before the changes were made.

It’s not the end of the world, a lesson learned perhaps.
Away to fcuck. It was a point won not two lost. What would you have done in the manager’s place assuming your qualified to be there in the first place.

Worst refereeing I have seen in a long time. Shocking.

Think anyone blaming our players or the manager is crazy. Or, of course, not really a fan. They fought like crazy. And very nearly did it. Tav was clattered our of his position in a shocking challenge to free up the guy for the shot. Goldson was trying to get as much of his body in the way as possible. Players clearly all there for each other. Much more team cohesion than i’ve seen in a long time.

Wish Umar had been on to chase some of those long balls but he might also be more of a liability tracking back.

We were cheated out of that. Disciplinary panel need to be reviewing May’s challenge. And hopefully Gerrard will be his usual forthright self on what he saw. Arfield booked for a sheep grabbing his lapels and putting the head on him (while Arfield’s hand were up palms out and he made no retaliation at all). Goldson booked because a sheep tripped himself. Our players clattered time and again.

Fucking appalling.

McInnes repeating what Shinnie said that they deserved at least a point.

Do they put sheep dip in the water up there?

Problem is we only have a single goal in us at best right now. A draw today given the circumstances is a good point. 10 men against a shite Aberdeen did relatively well.
My gripe. How the feck Windass stayed on the pitch the full game is baffling.

Circumstances will have us all feeling raw, but definitely a few rookie mistakes from SG in the last 20 mins. Corrupt officiating aside.

McIness giving it Fatigue was a a factor, fatigue, fatigue, fatigue, what a fud, point we deserved, no more than we deserved, this man is delusional.

I said before the season started that any challenge we make for the league depends on how the officials behave. Well, we have had our first game of the season and once again have been shafted by the linesmen and Referee. It reminds me of Beaton's game at the start of last season and has set the standard for this one. Unless we change and go after them every game and for every "honest" mistake they make, we will get the thin end of the wedge up our jacksies every game.

Bad bad substitution by SG , he must know Ejaria is a luxury player , not one for fighting in the trenches

Windass should have been subbed as well

Worst refereeing I have seen in a long time. Shocking.

Think anyone blaming our players or the manager is crazy. Or, of course, not really a fan. They fought like crazy. And very nearly did it. Tav was clattered our of his position in a shocking challenge to free up the guy for the shot. Goldson was trying to get as much of his body in the way as possible. Players clearly all there for each other. Much more team cohesion than i’ve seen in a long time.

Wish Umar had been on to chase some of those long balls but he might also be more of a liability tracking back.

We were cheated out of that. Disciplinary panel need to be reviewing May’s challenge. And hopefully Gerrard will be his usual forthright self on what he saw. Arfield booked for a sheep grabbing his lapels and putting the head on him (while Arfield’s hand were up palms out and he made no retaliation at all). Goldson booked because a sheep tripped himself. Our players clattered time and again.

Fucking appalling.

We are in agreement for once

I think if we had been told before the game we would be down to 10 men early, but take a point, we’d have been ok with it. I am still gutted, however I am pleased with Stevie G and his post match interview. He looks as gutted as we all are, and that is what we need from a manager also. Someone who feels it the way we do. We are difficult to beat, and there will be mistakes this season. On the whole though, I am more confident that SG will have our players firing on all cylinders.

Not having a go in any way as we will learn from decisions made but a mate of mine who is a season ticket holder at Sunderland said to me that Ejara is a fancy dan with some neat football and tricks but not one to take in to the trenches with you and I think that’s about right, Ejara not the answer especially away from home!

gutted like the rest of you ,but console myself with knowing brighter days are ahead for our team, but really time for us to enquire why we are refereed to a different standard than anyone else

Back