Match Thread Aberdeen v Rangers - 13:00 Sunday 5th - Sky Sports

Never a sending off ... not even a booking. If anybody else does that it wouldn't even be noticed. So cheated right from the off this season. Now at least Stevie G and all the staff see it too ...

Now is not the time to point fingers at our players as we were brilliant for the majority of that match.
It’s ten minutes into the new season. Both of them have been a bit stupid. A good referee calls both of them over and warns them both. What we got was a flashpoint created out of nothing.

How May wasn't even booked for the assault 9n Jack is beyond me.

Also, and I only saw this once, but I thought Shinnie has a wee kick out at Coulibaly which led to Coulibaly going down midway through the 2nd half. It looked like LC tackled Shinnie, who went down then in the process of turning his body 'accidentally' managed to take his studs on LC's shin which led to him on the deck.

I may be wrong though.
I saw that, watched the replay and he does stick his studs in Coulibaly's shin.

That was hard to take in injury time.

Proud of every single one of them.

Stone age football by the Sheep, Lewis almost on half way line then launches it ffs.

The criticism of Windass is pathetic. He absolutely ran himself into the ground for the team today. To a man the team deserve huge credit for their performance. Every single player will make errors here and there during 90 minutes but the application, fitness and commitment or every player was incredible. If that’s what we get every week we will be right in the thick of it. Some of our fans should be ashamed of the criticism being dished out, its absolute nonsense.

Nobody should be questioning JW's work rate.

His ability, however, is well below what's expected of a regular starter for a Rangers team with aspirations to win the title.

Massive bullet dodged re McInnes, thank god he never managed us, the sheep were rank rotten today and will not make the top four this season

Terrible tactics, they either played a long diagonal to the poet who needs are hairbrush or kick lumps out of the opposition.

He blamed the play on fatigue though, so it's not the fact he had no idea how to beat Stevie's team. :rolleyes:

Really confident for the season after watching that.

My only complaint in terms of our performance is that for the last 15-20 minutes we just starting kicking the ball up the pitch. We didn’t really have an out ball. The ball is only going to keep coming back at us doing that, and probability alone dictates they’ll get a chance at some stage, and they took it.

That said, the fact Sadiq wasn’t brought on to provide that says to me he’s still a fair bit away in terms of his fitness.

Reckon Lafferty will be in by next weekend. Especially if Morelos is suspended.

As for complaints about the standard of officiating.....too many to list. Pathetic as usual.
Windass is not an outball tha was worrying for me, we should’ve changed it

Good to hear our manager tell it like it is we were absolutely robbed blind by one of the worst officiating performances I’ve ever seen between the assistant referee to the match ref shocking awful the worst thing about it is there has to be an agenda against us and it has to be addressed by the club

Maybe the manager thought Ejaria was a good out and could take the sting out the closing stages.
It's just so easy to criticise in hindsight.
We lost a poor goal that is all. Any nuetral observer watching from 20 minutes onwards would have been astonished to learn that Rangers had played with only ten men. I'm disappointed like everyone else, but we made a statement today and we can only build on it, which I'm sure we will. The Stevie-G Express has not yet reached momentum, but it's coming, nothing surer. WATP.

Pushing and shoving?

F.uck me it was a clear barg which our manager recognised and addressed in the interview.

You think that’s a red mate then we are in trouble this season.

It was a f.ucking joke!
Pushing,shoving or barging into players is all part of playing football,happens at every level,the sheep player didn't run 30yards and run full force into Morelos,I've seen plenty of games from years ago where players would go full pelt into another player with an old fashioned shoulder challenge and the player would go on his arse,get up and get on with the game and no free kick.

The minute you lash out at another player contact or not is classed as intent and Morelos did it right in front of the linesman,as i already said a sheep player does the same and we'd all be screaming for him to be sent off,so let's not kid ourselves here. Really can't believe people are trying to defend what he did and didn't think he should have been off,his pettulance has cost us the game today.

Morelos kicks out and people think it isn't a red card
sheep player kicks out and doesn't get sent off and same people would accuse the referee of being a cheat.

If Morelos threw a punch and missed he would still be sent off,he aims a kick and misses he still get's sent off.

Pushing,shoving or barging into players is all part of playing football,happens at every level,the sheep player didn't run 30yards and run full force into Morelos,I've seen plenty of games from years ago where players would go full pelt into another player with an old fashioned shoulder challenge and the player would go on his arse,get up and get on with the game and no free kick.

The minute you lash out at another player contact or not is classed as intent and Morelos did it right in front of the linesman,as i already said a sheep player does the same and we'd all be screaming for him to be sent off,so let's not kid ourselves here. Really can't believe people are trying to defend what he did and didn't think he should have been off,his pettulance has cost us the game today.

sheep player kicks out and doesn't get sent off and same people would accuse the referee of being a cheat.

If Morelos threw a punch and missed he would still be sent off,he aims a kick and misses he still get's sent off.

So you’d say that was worse than the St Johnstone player last year that kicked Bates & got yellow ?

Lash out ffs :D

The defender made a point of barging him twice, Gerrard himself points it out ffs.

F.uck going into battle with people like you by the way. It was never a red card and that’s it.

Away for a lie doon!

Sorry mate - I find it difficult to agree with any of that
No offence meant - I know we all have individual opinions & mine is no more valid than anyone else's
I suppose my opinion is based on seeing much worse each week without any action being taken
Doesn't make it right - but shows me at least it's not an even playing field

Lash out ffs :D

The defender made a point of barging him twice, Gerrard himself points it out ffs.

F.uck going into battle with people like you by the way. It was never a red card and that’s it.

Away for a lie doon!
You wouldn't like to go into battle with me ? why because i'm correct on what i'm saying and you don't like the truth.

Go look up the rules,you would be the same one applauding a referee if one of the sheep had done the same and the same one calling the referee a cheat if he didn't send him off.

Morelos cost Rangers 3pts today with his pettulance,had Windass done what Morelos done and was sent off he would be getting it big time with both barrels.

His sending off cost us the 3pts it's as simple as that.

You wouldn't like to go into battle with me ? why because i'm correct on what i'm saying and you don't like the truth.

Go look up the rules,you would be the same one applauding a referee if one of the sheep had done the same and the same one calling the referee a cheat if he didn't send him off.

Morelos cost Rangers 3pts today with his pettulance,had Windass done what Morelos done and was sent off he would be getting it big time with both barrels.

Technically two points, but FWIW I agree.

Away to fcuck. It was a point won not two lost. What would you have done in the manager’s place assuming your qualified to be there in the first place.
I’d say it’s 2 points lost based solely on how we lost them in the end.

Our management will learn from today.

Eyebrows were raised by everyone I know regarding the substitutions that were made, when they were made. This isn’t a hindsight issue.

I’m ok with it. Shattered we never got what we deserved but I think we played our own part in the result on top of disgusting refereeing.

Right ok, my opinion is that it’s never a red card mate.

The defender makes two clear barges towards Morelos, second time he flicks out.

Does that warrant a red card? What does the linesman see in the run up to this?

It was more than a shove mate, it was clear what he had in mind.

The going into battle patter was a bit pish on my part, beer talking :oops:

Right ok, my opinion is that it’s never a red card mate.

The defender makes two clear barges towards Morelos, second time he flicks out.

Does that warrant a red card? What does the linesman see in the run up to this?

It was more than a shove mate, it was clear what he had in mind.

The going into battle patter was a bit pish on my part, beer talking :oops:

if you aim a kick at anyone , its a red card

end of story

Good to hear our manager tell it like it is we were absolutely robbed blind by one of the worst officiating performances I’ve ever seen between the assistant referee to the match ref shocking awful the worst thing about it is there has to be an agenda against us and it has to be addressed by the club
Who was the assistant referee, with the selective vision?

Is it really surprising the way the match threads has turned out?Usual guff from the same ones every fucking time.Thank f uck i don’t sit beside any of you at Ibrox.

Referees assoc,picked up where they left off last year with us!
These chunts should be accountable,and made to explain why they make these decisions,
Proud of our players today,well done lads.

Galling to lose such a late goal, but feck me, what a performance by 10 men for 80+ minutes. Last year we would have buckled completely and got pumped so i have got to give credit where its due..

Our last three league games we have been cheated.
Our start today was outstanding we were playing some great stuff, the red knocked us off for 5 minutes but after that we battered them with ten men. Really pleased with the team it was the most controlled we have looked in years, still improvement to come but really intrigued to see where this team goes. Early signs are really really promising.

With 9 men it was a great performance, but hard to take at the end.

The ref is a cheat, AM gave him a chance to send him off, its the 2 reds they should have had that gphe ignored.

The manager got his subs wrong again, to put that young boy on in cm and keep windass on for 90 cost us the 2 points.

Jack was superb but we need 2 st and soon.

For starters Morelos should not have been sent off. Yellow card maybe, def not a red. He was barged into twice and off the ball by the sheep defender. Why wasn’t this spotted by the linesman?

Why wasn’t the sheep defender yellow or red carded for the pull back on Windass for our penalty? Even Andy Walker says it was no attempt to ply the ball and it denied a goal scoring opportunity.

In the second half Windass should have squared the ball when he had 1 if not 2 players in the box. Greed took it by himself and the chance was gone.

We kinda lost our way a bit when Jack had to go off.

We played like a very well organised unit today and deserved the victory.

Go look at the rules you say.
Why are these rules only applied to Rangers players.
There were several other incidents today, which these same rules apply but not enforced.
Penalty, no intent to play the ball, throwing ball and hitting opponent, grabbing opponent by the shirt and pulling him towards your head, going through an opponent in the air with no intent to play the ball. Just a few that spring to mind.
Morelos was targeted, they got him, Jack was targeted, they got him.
Dirty tricks deprived us of all 3pts, the Sheep/Officials saw to that.

The key things for me on what I’ve seen so far is heart and desire, excellent display compared to what we’ve endured in recent years

Coulibaly Jack and Arfield are the best midfield trio in the country IMO

I still don't fully buy this 'aimed a kick' stuff -
Alfie's jogging along & gets barged to such an extent that he's knocked off balance & has to 're-set' his feet or fall over

It would have been better for all concerned if had fallen over BTW

Anyway - given the red card & no doubt poor chances of appeal - I wish he had kicked the LFB 6 foot in the air

But back to the incident - I've watched this multiple times on replay & IMHO it really does take a certain amount of 'interpretation' to conclude it was entirely explainable as a lash out / kick / aimed kick & not simply an attempt to keep upright

We all see much worse go unpunished most weeks of the season - or at least I know I do -

Special mention for Katic today,thought he was absolutely fantastic and done his job perfectly,no messing about and doing what a defender does best not giving players a sniff and getting the ball out of the danger area,absolute man love for the big guy.

Probably not but again an irrelevant point as it doesn’t address Morelos putting himself in a position to be sent off.

But that isn’t irrelevant mate. It’s the EXACT POINT -

The St J player put himself in that position but DIDNT see red, yet the Rangers player DID.
This is the issue in Scotland. Almost Every marginal situation has gone against us in the last year.
Jack two reds that were then rescinded after the match. Too late to save us dropping points.
Aberdeen penalty when McLean dived.
Allan not walking at ER
Penalty not given at ER when 5.4 ahead then they ran up the park & equalised.

There were many more .........

Tough to take that late equaliser today. Thought the team were fantastic. Morelos was unlucky to be sent off, very harsh. Does that send a message out to defenders that they can barge a forward with impunity?
Was it just me or are we being refereed to a different standard again?
Ferguson elbows Coulibaly on the chin and I don't think he was even booked. May barges into Jack to play to the sheep, which results in Jack being substituted, making no effort to play the ball and he isn't even booked.
For our penalty, should that not be deemed as a clear goal scoring opportunity and Ball therefore sent off. The inconsistency of our referees beggars belief.
Great performance and the gaffer's interview after the game was, as usual, class. Just a pity we couldn't hold on but great effort from the players.

Back