Match Thread Aberdeen v Rangers - 13:30 Sunday - Premier Sports

Kma6_c.gif
Thank god that's over. Awful game. We were lucky to come away with a draw. We didn't play well and it was difficult to get into a rhythm. Kent had a chance but fluffed it with his first touch. Aberdeen had two incredible chances, both well defended, and McGregor off the line. So, we're still in there with a chance. Let's do them at Ibrox.

And the sheep were lucky to have finished with 12 on the pitch ( that includes Chancy BTW )!

Mr Gerrard saying they hadn't rolled the pitch and didn't cut the grass before the game.

Actually thought the second half was an enjoyable cup tie. Brilliant save by McGregor to keep us in it. Same situation as the piggery earlier this season - Morelos was screwed by a bent ref. In the end a draw was fair and we’ll now go through comfortably as Aberdeen won’t play that well again and (please God) no Clancy.

Much better second half, and all the players battled. After our horror show in the first half I reckon a draw is fair. Fancy us at home to batter them.

You csan bet your bottom dollar Clancy will make sure Alfire gets at least a yellow in the replay and at the same time let the sheep away with anything.

A total 'f' cheatin bassa.

Look at the replay then. Mackay-Steven nicks Goldson before Goldson touches him. It is perfectly clear if you actually watch it.

Seen the replay, there's no foul on Goldson before it. Goldson was just unlucky with McKay-Steven's positioning, but it was a penalty.

It was a scrappy cup game. Positives - we’re still in the cup, Morelos didn’t get sent off and Kamara managed a great job in midfield. Apart from that we need to be up for the physical fight at Ibrox and be more clinical on the break. Think they’ve had their chance and we’ll take them on the better pitch at Ibrox.

Why do people go straight for him even when there’s worse performers on the park? At times today I thought Jack was still a big Aberdeen fan.
Maybe because jack has had some great performances for us and could be cut some slack. Barasic for me has been a disappoint since he’s came in. But I do hope he just needs time to adapt and will come good.

Who would you have taken off?

As has been noted, a little composure on a number of breakaways and we would have won the game.

You could have taken off one off Arfield or Jack who weren't at the races all day.

Morelos was walking a tight rope.

We had the 7th all time top English Premiership scorer on the bench, we have a striker in Lafferty who changes the style.

Be great if there was a button to switch off the commentaters but with crowd sound still on. take the replay we have played under par today

Maybe because jack has had some great performances for us and could be cut some slack. Barasic for me has been a disappoint since he’s came in. But I do hope he just needs time to adapt and will come good.

Thought he did very well well at times on Stewart today.

Was flying so missed the game, saw the score, saw the threads, don’t need a replay. They better not scam folk out of £27 again, and the sheep better get the away corner and that’s it.

I'd have bit your hand off for 1-1 at half time.

Replay at Ibrox - with a different ref - we should go through. Will be another tough game.

We've a real chance to win the Scottish Cup this season and I don't care how many replays we have to go through or how we have to do it. I just want to fecking do it. I want to be standing in Hampden in May on a nice sunny day celebrating winning the Cup.

A word on our opponents. The Sheep are utterly turgid but you can't deny their 'style' isn't effective particularly when they get a ref like Clancy who let's their thuggery go unpunished.

11 big brutes lumping it forward, playing for set pieces and allowed to get away with murder played out to a poisonous soundtrack from their scum support who's songs range from 'You let your club die' 'Walking away the Rangers way' 'You're not Rangers anymore' to charming ditties about Iain Durrant, the Ibrox Disaster and Allan McGregor.

Horrible little provincial club.

You could have taken off one off Arfield or Jack who weren't at the races all day.

Morelos was walking a tight rope.

We had the 7th all time top English Premiership scorer on the bench, we have a striker in Lafferty who changes the style.

Removing Morelos takes the focal point from our attack. We saw that in the previous game at Pittodrie where we ceded so much possession from when Alfie was sent off.

Lafferty has shown very little to be trusted. Arfield played ok and is always a threat.

As I've said, there's an argument for/against and I can see the manager's dilemma.

Mackay-Steven clearly slides in with his left leg and takes Goldson’s left foot. That is the first contact. Never a penalty.

Honestly, as you told me to do - watch the replay. He doesn't "slide" anywhere, he puts his left foot across just as Goldson begins to swing for the ball and gets caught.

You are allowed to disagree, I don't think many will be arguing that wasn't a penalty though.

Actually thought the second half was an enjoyable cup tie. Brilliant save by McGregor to keep us in it. Same situation as the piggery earlier this season - Morelos was screwed by a bent ref. In the end a draw was fair and we’ll now go through comfortably as Aberdeen won’t play that well again and (please God) no Clancy.
Is it not the same referee for the replay? Was with Kilmarnock

Sometimes I feel as if Ryan Kent should pass instead of just trying to get through traffic with his head down

Honestly, as you told me to do - watch the replay. He doesn't "slide" anywhere, he puts his left foot across just as Goldson begins to swing for the ball and gets caught.

You are allowed to disagree, I don't think many will be arguing that wasn't a penalty though.
Well we will need to disagree. The contact was initiated by Mackay-Steven onto Goldson’s left leg.

Hope that's a performance we got out of our system. Lucky to have survived it but we'll do them at Ibrox.

I just don't understand why we aren't able to 'mix-it' with this dolly side

They seem much more 'savvy' than us when it comes to conning the referee ( even allowing for poor refereeing)
they seem to be able to bully us whatever one player's stature is against another
& they always seem to get to the ball first or win 50 - 50 tackles

All these things make them sound like a good team - but they're not even all that well organised- as we proved on the 3 or 4 occassions we exposed them on the break - but regrettably didn't capitilise on

It's very frustrating, disappointing & really needs to be avenged as soon as possible

main objective of cup games is to make sure you're still in the pot come the end of it,which we are,we go again but this time home advantage to us

I think we're way too honest when comes to tackles on us,time to wise up and start going down when get iffy tackles

Overall, just glad that we have a second chance to redeem ourselves after a bad day at the office
Far too many bad days at the Office for me .Apart from Worrall and Kent nobody got the better of their opponents in a crucial match.Simply not good enough,the inconsistency in this team is beyond the pale

Again, literally finishing 2nd is progress on last season and the one before that.

The team that spends the most amount of money tends to win the league and the team that spends the second most tends to finish in second. This is normally true from top to bottom.

Our season is 'over' when we can't win the league and we have secured 2nd place.

Saying that it's over before then is just throwing your toys out of the pram when you aren't winning.

If we had lost today then the feeling would have been that the 'season was over'. And by that I mean we weren't winning a trophy.

I agree that 2nd place is progress on last year, being 8 ahead of the sheep I can't see them catching us, just the same as I can't see us catching them (celtic)

Some amount of overreacting on this today. Yes we were rotten in the 1st half but second half we improved. We are still in the cup and we have a chance to put it right in the replay. Thought big Worrall was class in the second half and Kamara once again was a standout performer in a midfield that wasn't great.

Seen the replay, there's no foul on Goldson before it. Goldson was just unlucky with McKay-Steven's positioning, but it was a penalty.
Shocking schoolboy play I thought from the big fella. No defender should ever let a ball run behind him when he has the chance to stick a foot on it and either play it away or punt it.

Back