MOTM Poll Aberdeen v Rangers - 15:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

MOTM

• Total voters
Another cracking 3 points against a team that raises it's game against us. Also great to see Morelos on the score sheet.

Great win and performance for 70 mins.

Really need to be more ruthless erse was twitching a wee bit at the end but job done.

How that animal wasn't sent off aswell for his attack on Barisic, wonder if he'll be cited (Doubt it)

Now onto Motherwell (shame we need to wait a week)

Big result today, as one of life's sceptics, I don't get too carried away but I am finally starting to believe that this is going to be our year, we are looking good and we seem to have that winning mentality at last. The manager and his back room team deserve the praise for this, we really are looking like we can do this.WATP.

Had to watch the match long after full time and was disappointed in the overall performance. 3 points is what matters but what has happened to Aribo. He made more passes to Aberdeen players than I could count.
After we went up 2-0 the pace of the game slowed to a crawl. It was painful to watch. Did anyone know they only had 10 men? We should have ran them into the ground instead of walking the ball up the pitch. I'll away and look at the league table and that will put a smile back on my face.

Delighted for Morelos took his goals excellently and got stuck in about it for 90 mins.

Thought right through the team we were up for it, even before the sending off we had their measure. We conceded a daft goal, but for me I didn't think the result was ever in doubt.

Intent does matter when it’s a red card for a penalty. If no attempt to play the ball it’s a red, if it’s accidental it’s only a yellow under double jeopardy.

I know what the rule is mate. I was replying to someone who thought it shouldn't be a red card because there was no intent to foul him (an opinion shared by the Sheep player in the studio today).

I actually agree, the defender has tried to pull out and was a bit unlucky but, it doesnt matter a joy. Whether he meant to clip him or not, he has made no effort to get the ball and as such it's the correct call from Beaton.

Alfie had his best game in a while.

The football we played for both our goals was silky.

Kents flick for morelos reminded me of barca

Tav was the right back - the guy was tearing through the right back position. Tav was still in their half as he was coming to the box to have his totally unchallenged shot on target that went in. I'd say that even if Aribo did give the ball away, the fact our right back was 50 yards away didn't help at all.

Sorry mate, I don’t think you understand how Rangers shape up tactically. I am 100% among the first to call out Tavernier in the past for mistakes. When Tav pushes up, midfield has to cover him. Watch the goal again, Aribo watches Kennedy move away from him and doesn’t follow, doesn’t even move, he dreams. Tav is ahead of him from when our attacking move broke down. By the time Aribo (who I love) wakes up, it is too late and he makes almost no effort to get back. JT makes up about 20 yards on Aribo to make some effort to get back. I promise you that when the game is reviewed by our management team, Aribo is getting hell and Gerrard will be explaining to him what I am explains to you!

Morelos a clear MOTM. If Kent had taken and scored his chance toward the end of the game it would be significantly closer.

Good to see the front three all having good games for the first time in a couple of months. Frightening to think how good we can be with Alfie in form in the run in.

We're likely going to have at least one of Alfie/Kent/Roofe/Hagi on the bench every week. What a position to be in if all are fit and firing.

I know what the rule is mate. I was replying to someone who thought it shouldn't be a red card because there was no intent to foul him (an opinion shared by the Sheep player in the studio today).

I actually agree, the defender has tried to pull out and was a bit unlucky but, it doesnt matter a joy. Whether he meant to clip him or not, he has made no effort to get the ball and as such it's the correct call from Beaton.
I know mate I read the rule wrong. Always thought accidental was yellow. Didnt realise that would be classed as no attempt and therefore a red.

That's Aribo, slow, lazy and a bit brain dead...
I think he’s playing within himself (which might amount to the same thing) - is it confidence? I don’t know, but he was in brilliant form before his injury & he’s looked a bit sluggish since returning.

I see him as a player who will do his best work around the opposition box & defensive duties are currently not really one of his strengths.

If Roofe, Arfield & Jack were fit he would be benched IMO.

Sorry mate, I don’t think you understand how Rangers shape up tactically. I am 100% among the first to call out Tavernier in the past for mistakes. When Tav pushes up, midfield has to cover him. Watch the goal again, Aribo watches Kennedy move away from him and doesn’t follow, doesn’t even move, he dreams. Tav is ahead of him from when our attacking move broke down. By the time Aribo (who I love) wakes up, it is too late and he makes almost no effort to get back. JT makes up about 20 yards on Aribo to make some effort to get back. I promise you that when the game is reviewed by our management team, Aribo is getting hell and Gerrard will be explaining to him what I am explains to you!
Good post m8,in first viewing i was shouting where is tav,when you see the replays it's clearly aribo who should be tracking him.

Back