Match Thread Aberdeen v Rangers - 16:30 Sunday - BT Sports

The deliveries into the box from Candeias and Tav (Also set pieces) were disgusting,

How Tav is still on corners and free kicks is beyond me, Under hit one time then over hit the next to make sure he gets it past the first man

Dreadful week for us and we couldn't score a single feckin goal in the 2 most important games to date. We are winning nothing this season.

I'm utterly baffled as to how we can totally dominate a whole game like that and fail to create one clear cut chance.

At half time, you just knew the sheep were gonna win this. Absolutely no end product in this team with Morelos out. Sadiq should be chased out of Rangers asap.

We made a complete arse of that, dominated possession but our play in the final third was embarrassing. When teams sit in against us we seem to not be able to break them down

Sadiq has some decent hold up play but he must have been offside 6 or 7 times which we can’t afford. He was also more interested in trying to go down when he could have just taken it past the keeper.

Our shooting from outside the box is a real weakness and needs addressed. All in all we played right into our opponents game plan

Also I think we did not use our subs well again

Hugely disappointing, moreso embarrassing.

I simply can’t understand how a sub had not been made. We probably would have won with a striker, but they are absolute shite let’s face it.

The long and winding road goes on.
It was never embarrassing.
We were easily the best team.
What subs would you guarantee make a difference?
There wasn’t one.
We were on top before they scored.

Aberdeen are shite and they still managed to test MacGegor more than we tested Lewis. No end product, worse still not surprised.

Aberdeen never in it and we bossed them for 90% of the game.

Sadiq is clearly not good enough and today showed how much Morelos gives us.

Aberdeen offered ZERO aside from robust defending (8-9 men behind the baw), are keech and will be lucky not to get tanked off the paedo harbourers in the final.

The mentally challengeds will scud that pish Aberdeen mob by at least 3 as well.

That’s the galling thing. They are rank rotten and we could barely muster a half chance. We’re still miles away.

Explain that one.

Sadiq starting. And playing 90 minutes. Having not started once for us or came off the bench for near on 2 months. That is an utterly baffling decision. Especially if he hasn’t even had a sub appearance. The funny thing is he done ok in parts all things considering but failed on all the major points of his game. Given grezda got 30 minutes midweek and played up front twice for Albania surely that’s the obvious play.

I’m utterly pig sick of us shooting ourselves in the foot everytime we get momentum and look a team going places. Self inflicted nearly everytime.

See if one player comes out and says something about it being what we need to kick on domestically. %^*& me sideways I will need to open about 25 cans of juice.

That performance wasn't a disgrace, we dominated 90% of that game and played well particularly in the 2nd half. Gerrard made the first subs on 80 mins and by that time we were 1 down and it was too late, naivety from the manager and Morelos out is what cost us today.

This all day long. We werent "utterly pathetic" as some say. Another day we scud that mob. Sore one to take mind.

Had a bad feeling all day. Knew we would struggle.

Hate to say it but away from Ibrox we are horrendous (domestically anyway) and we are most likely winning %^*& all this season again.
most likely is an understatement we Will won fuk all this season get your money on that.

No matter what anyone thinks of Candeias, the number of corners that he won for us was impressive.

That every corner was wasted tells a lot -- we simply cannot allow Tav to continue taking them.

And .. the lack of "having an effing shot" from us when near the goal was ridiculous.

As were the times like when we actually were driving forwards into their box and five seconds later we had passed it back into our own half.
Nonsense.

Explain that one.

Starting Sadiq, was a gamble. Fair enough, sometimes you have to take the chance.

By sixty minutes a blind man could see it simply wasn't working. That's down to the manager.

As for the rest, they wouldn't be dangerous with a fcu_king machine gun.

There is by and large, no cohesion and creativity.

As for the captain? One cross in fifty just doesn't cut it.. Truly abysmal.

The only chink of light here is maybe all those on here giving the side 9/10 etc in a recent thread, might now get a wee reality check.

Must say bad decision making from our team,especially in the first half when we opened them up we where trying 30 yard shots when teammates had a clear run on the goal.
Still amazed we lost to a inferior side by a sucker punch.

Easy to say now but Middleton should have played from the start, we need a better quality of player signed in January, I know some loan deal players are from some good teams but if there not good enough for their teams there not good enough for us.

We're still making progress but in the wrong tournaments, league and cups have to take priority over Europe, I know they bring in good money but let's be honest we're not going to win it.

Let's dust ourselves down and go again

Brutal truth is we have a rookie manager who has a lot to learn, it is showing that it may be too big for him just now. Back to a laughing stock today, even witha win and the same performance I wouldnt feel confidant about beating selic in a final, or at all after that. Just have to ride out the disappointment till next game, I dont want to hear any interviews or press conferences. It didnt look like a work in progress today , more like a back to the drawing board. Again Rangers management and players owe the fans. kheevins is right Rangers havent won anything that what counts, the trophies. Well thats one gone. and a wee boost given to the opposition, we are like a reverse selic, good in europe , questionable in scotland. Maybe Stevie is better made for the big time, thats what he is used to.

One of the most sickening defeats I can remember - fair enough if you get bet beaten by a better team but this team of sheep roasters is made up of fecking journeymen yet we can't made a dent it them.:mad:

All our midfielders are too similar and when Tav has an off-day (like today) he still takes all our dead-balls and is never ever subbed.

I'll be honest, I think Gerrard is looking at a two-year project -at least - to get Rangers back on track. There are too many players in the current team that just aren't up to it. We'll win nothing this year.

I get it's a work in progress but there was really basic mistakes and Aberdeen were shite. Not buying that excuse.

Thought we gave everything today. Totally dominant , they got one chance and took it.
I agree. And fair play to the sheep, that's how they set out to play and it worked out for them.
Our set pieces were horrible. Tav's delivery was well below what you'd expect. Our attack couldn't carve out any chances, and when we did get off shots and headers they were all off target.
very disappointing.

Well that was disappointing...

We totally dominated that game without ever threatening their goal. We really need to work on our game in the final third. Questions also need to be asked once again about Gerrard’s in game management. Once again the subs came too late and smacked of panic. We really should have had a Plan ‘B’ ready to go on the hour mark if Sadiq wasn’t working (which it wasn’t)

Talk about a smash ‘n’ grab win though. You’d think the sheep would be embarrassed to celebrate that win the way are doing. I guess they’re delighted they’ll be getting another runners up medal

Hope we can take it out on Killie on Wednesday night,as sore as it is we need to bounce back from this ASAP .

If Steven Gerrard can’t manage us to a win on Wednesday he’s under severe pressure ,he has to win .

Reading the mhanks Hearts thread earlier and the overwhelming opinion is they are pish etc, and we would beat them in a final.

Facts of the matter are, we would be absolutely mauled by the mhanks in the final, we are a bang average side who simply won’t win anything this season.

We have already failed to beat Aberfuckindeen twice this season, the bottler, the guy we were told is a terrible manager has just embarrassed Gerrard and us.

McKay Steven who is a bit of a journeyman looks to possess more quality on the ball than our attacking players.

That's a major worry as Morelos can't be expected to do it all up there.

Back