Match Thread Aberdeen v Rangers - 16:30 Sunday - BT Sports

I would sell tav just so he can stop taking set pieces, he offers so much going forward but when was the last time he scored an open play goal

Well, unless he sets himself up it an't happening because for all the abuse he's getting on here he's still the only consistent creator of chances we have. But today's a day for the haters to enjoy. I'll leave you to it.

Not massively surprising given we were missing our best player, Morelos.

We dominated the game but if you dont make pressure count then you are always going to leave yourself open to losing a goal from one chance.

Central midfield remains a big concern. I thought Ejaria had a particularly good 2nd half & Jack was a bit better in the 2nd. I just think we either play Jack or Coulibaly as both don't work. Clearly Arfield wasn't fully fit or else this would have been an option.

We lacked that much in the middle Goldson started turning into Bougherra with those runs through the middle to try and force the issue.

Candeias was probably our best player & Kent was decent as well. Just very frustrating with the lack of quality in the no.10 area of the pitch.

Alongside the central midfield problems, our set pieces are awful & Gerrard really needs to make subs earlier.

Aberdeen started getting a foothold in the game from 60mins and we looked a bit tired. Perfect time for a change at 70mins yet we persisted until we were forced into a change. I get there is a lack of options but sometimes just fresh legs can make all the difference

Bottlers.
Dear God.
What did the manager see happening?

We lose every big domestic game, the three players have a habit of playing poor in these games the last few years .
Still happening under Gerrard.

A one off to Aberdeen, Motherwell in a semi every few years is forgivable, but it’s every year
We have no players who when we have an important game take responsibility to win it.

I'm angry and disappointed but it's not that surprising surely?

Sadiq is Ostenstadesque, play Lafferty or Morelos and we win comfortably.

Get him sent back to Roma and go get someone decent, I'd even look at bringing back another ex player from Hearts if we're struggling.

you can't just pick on him

what do candeias and kent create?

%^*& all

The bottlers from last year let us down again in a big game, Candieas, Jack, Tavernier and it spreads to the rest.
Nobody takes responsibility and nobody takes risks to create anything.
Candieas and Tavernier final pass is fucking abysmal.

Our team doesn’t have a big game mentality and every important league or cup game not at Ibrox they let you down.
The manager saw what was happening and waited until they scored.

Fucking pathetic.

Nice signature. Quite accurate

We’re far too tippy tappy and our final ball is atrocious.
Have said rather a lot of times but Gerrard’s lack of substitutions really is a big fault in his management.
Losing to one of the worst footballing teams we’ve faced this season isn’t acceptable not mention absolutely embarrassing.
Timothy will stuff this mob stupid.
This substitution one for today.
Can anybody tell me who would have replaced whom and why.
Who, other than Sadie was poor in our team today.
What wonderful tactic would have done better than we did for eighty minutes today?

Lack of quality. Desperately still require a playmaker in midfield. Candeias and Tavernier lack quality. Have great engines and never stop working but just don’t have the quality.Final ball is consistently poor. Flanagan as a right footed player struggles offensively on the left.
That said it shows how much we rely on Morelos for his goal scoring and hold up play.

and what are you going to bring on? A half fit Arfield with an iffy hamstring, Middleton who simply knocks a ball past a player and beats them for pace, no replacement striker, Andy Halliday! Who else?

Middleton knocking a ball past a player is more than Sadiq seemed to manage. That's when he wasn't getting caught offside and then embarrassing us all with his dive.

If you think the manager comes out of today smelling of roses then good for you.

We'll agree to disagree on that one.

Okay mate,I get what you're saying here but what was the score?The only stat that really matters.We've continued where we left off against Spartak on Thursday,flat with nothing creative.We could play until Monday evening and not score ffs.

Dead right. 180 mins without a goal and only 4 shots on target just isn't good enough with or without Alfie.

If anyone thinks the banter are years are behind us then think again

Celtic will take 5 of Aberdeen

And Lewis Ferguson can get to %^*& (lets stop this bullshit about that Ferguson family been big Rangers fans)

Sure when we sign him you will eat your words....lad had a decent game and scored the winner. If you wanted to play for Rangers I am sure you would make sure you were up for it every time you played them.

Had a bad feeling all day about this, even said before their corner went in we have 11 mins to equalise.

In hindsight, Grezda started up top for his country recently and really should have played

We knew at the start of the season we were light up front.

It’s came to bite us in the arse and a lot of people saw it coming.

Well, unless he sets himself up it an't happening because for all the abuse he's getting on here he's still the only consistent creator of chances we have. But today's a day for the haters to enjoy. I'll leave you to it.
I said he gives us so much going forward be honest his corners and set pieces today were awful and they haven't been good so far this season

If it wasn’t for euro campaign then gerrards jacket would be on a shoogly peg

Far too many being swept away by the Gerrard express, domestically it has been poor.

Today was as bad as it gets, there was an air of inevitability about it all.

We could have played all night and not scored.

Feel like that myself. Sore to take, but more so because of how we controlled it.

Thought the same. We all knew how they would play and we dominated the ball but could not make it count. I am disappointed but not downhearted. Gerrard needs to get their heads up for Wednesday night. Three points needed.

Tav i
Gerrard has to take full blame.

Flanagan is shite and never a lb.
Why the f! Is Sadiq even playing never mind 90 mins.
His subs are late and shite! Coulibaly, Flanagan, Sadiq should have all came off before Jack and Candeias.

Why are we still allowing Tav’s shite set pieces?

I feel like I’m in a Paul Le Guen timewrap, ok in Europe, shite in Scotland.
Tav is so inadequate I can't believe he has supporters

Outside of Arfield we don’t have a single attack minded centre mid. Ejaria is the closest to it but he’s clearly more comfortable trying to be a deep lying playmaker. Every other centre mid is defensive minded.

As for Sadiq, send him back to Italy. That dive when he had a free shot at goal was embarrassing. Absolutely embarrassing. Him staying on the pitch when Candeias gets taken off is still messing with my head.

We lose every big domestic game, the three players have a habit of playing poor in these games the last few years .
Still happening under Gerrard.

A one off to Aberdeen, Motherwell in a semi every few years is forgivable, but it’s every year
We have no players who when we have an important game take responsibility to win it.
We didn’t lose today because we bottled it.
Not in a million years.

We have a right back who can’t defend

He’s also a captain who can’t lead

A winger who can’t cross

A striker who can’t stay onside

A manager who can’t make subs to change a game

This is what we get as a result.

There are no excuses for this. The players and manager have fucked this up royally.

Worryingly, Gerrard doesn’t seem to be learning from his mistakes. He’s done a lot right but needs to sort out this inability to break down poor sides and end up vulnerable to the sucker punch. The players are a bunch of mentally weak bottle merchants. They need a fckuing rocket up them.

Kind of did break them down though. Just couldn't either, stay onside, shoot or cross.

The players are not weak bottle merchants.

Our ability to %^*& up in big games we should be winning will mean we won’t challenge for the league either.
6 years of us losing games like this is soul destroying.

I'm utterly baffled as to how we can totally dominate a whole game like that and fail to create one clear cut chance.
Not baffling really. We put our faith in players who are not doing their jobs, game after game. He's been rank for the last few games, sells the jersey under pressure time and again, yet
Tavanier should be embarrassed by his delivery, it’s worse than school boy level, at least at school level they would have stopped him hitting free kicks and corners.

Gerrard got it wrong today, no substitutions when we are on top of them and not scoring. Our most effective player in Candeias is then taken off when we go behind.

Sadiq wasn’t working and should have been taken off at halftime.
The only decent crossing Candeias has done recently has been on the front of his shirt.
Pointless battling hard to win the ball back, which he does, only to flub it to the feet of the first man.

It’s a sore one to lose to that joke McInness and his stupid red tan, but Aberdeen deserved nothing from that game. With Morelos or Lafferty we win that by multiple goals easily.

In yet another game, we have a stonewaller denied at a goal that clearly shouldn’t have stood going against us. For the second time this season already, Aberdeen have benefitted massively from a suspicious refereeing performance.

Back