Match Thread Aberdeen v Rangers - 16:30 Sunday - BT Sports

All the corners we get - how many goals have we scored from corners this season? 2?

Putting aside the backup striker issues I think this week once again showed our main failing - the lack of a goal-scoring creative midfielder. That sort of player should have been our marquee signing in the summer yet we seem to have instead acquired a load of midfielders who are pretty similar.

I was for the first eighty minutes.
We were well on top for all of that eighty minutes.
We didn’t create a lot of chances but we weren’t conceding any either.
We missed our strikers.

I disagree, mate. We were too slow, too often, Gave them enough time to get into shape on those occasions were they did push up. They were content to sit back, that doesn't necessarily mean we were on top.
Bloody Pedro went on and on about our lack of aggression and it's still costing us. I hope Gerrard has run out of patience with some of them. Several are too comfortable.

The thing that hurts the most is that Aberdeen are actually awful and that’s now two games we haven’t won against them this season when we absolutely should have.

We’ve had so much of the ball today and once again failed to actually work their keeper.

The final balls again were atrocious but Sadiq was just horrendous as a front man.

Don't like quoting myself but seen this coming

We have beaten teams in Europe who would comfortably beat Aberdeen home and away

All Aberdeen had was hard work.We should be able to create chances and beat team like them

I don't know what the answer is domestically away from home its like watching a bad movie over and over
Warburton V2.0
Lots of possession but not one meaningful attempt at goal
Aberdeen literally could have played an outfielder in goal today

I like the manager as much as anyone but he has to learn and learn quickly.
Celtic now been handed a 7th trophy in a row.

If that is the sort of performance we are going to continue seeing especially away from home then forget about a league challenge 2nd place will be a battle

A couple of things seem so obvious

Apart from penalty kicks Tav should not be let anywhere near a corner or free kick
The old saying about insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results was perfectly shown today

Substitutions need to be made earlier.Yes I know we were playing well in terms of possession and had them in their own half for
long periods but last time I checked it is goals that count nothing else
No I don't have a coaching badge or have won a,champions league and clearly Stevie G knows more about the game than me but worryingly everyone could see we needed a change we did not look like scoring
Unless everyone on the bench was unfit it was one of the worst decisions not to make a change until we went a goal down
Warburton and McCoist would have got slaughtered for that lack of tactical nouse today you know they would.

I was on the 55 express bandwagon but Europa league performances apart I have to be honest and at the risk of being accused of being a Timposter I worry that our manager is not learning from his mistakes and the mistakes seem to be very clear ones

Sorry but it had to be said[/QUOTE

Could not have said it better myself. Re the substitution all Gers fans in the stadium around me were crying out for it after 60,70 mins we seen their goal coming

Fkn gutted Tavs free kicks were abismal we had a big lanky waste of space up front but I do not think we were totally rubbish we played some decent stuff and S.G. will know exactly where we need to improve,The sheepies set out their stall and it worked for them corners were our week spot even under Warburton.

We dominated the game today but struggled to hurt them, we are not ruthless enough anywhere on the park. Of course we missed our strikers today but our midfielders are to similar and without runners from midfield we struggle when a team sits in.
Aberdeen were awful today but we couldn’t beat them. Not good enough.

Putting aside the backup striker issues I think this week once again showed our main failing - the lack of a goal-scoring creative midfielder. That sort of player should have been our marquee signing in the summer yet we seem to have instead acquired a load of midfielders who are pretty similar.

Not a lot of them about mate, at least not in our price bracket I wouldn't bother with anymore young loan players, they might become good players in the future for their parent club but for now they are sent to other teams to learn we need a finished article I really cant think on anyone at the moment we could tempt who is proven (maybe Naismith from Hearts ?? not a popular choice tho)

Our final passes into the box were pathetic for the whole game. We need a dynamic midfielder that burst into the box, pulling defenders out of position before passing or shooting.
When you look at that performance today, we are short all over the place.

Not a lot of them about mate, at least not in our price bracket I wouldn't bother with anymore young loan players, they might become good players in the future for their parent club but for now they are sent to other teams to learn we need a finished article I really cant think on anyone at the moment we could tempt who is proven (maybe Naismith from Hearts ?? not a popular choice tho)
Well, we need someone. Three of our buys are not contributing much. I hope Grezda can be what we need for the league campaign. It's depressing we are hard to beat in the Europa league yet a team of dirty donkey sheep can beat us in our biggest game of the season so far. Them scoring late on seemed likely when we failed to capitalise on our intense second half pressure.

Well, we need someone. Three of our buys are not contributing much. I hope Grezda can be what we need for the league campaign. It's depressing we are hard to beat in the Europa league yet a team of dirty donkey sheep can beat us in our biggest game of the season so far. Them scoring late on seemed likely when we failed to capitalise on our intense second half pressure.
The problem is mate we couldn’t turn that pressure into anything. Very poor.

Fvcking. subs. again.

Too little, too late.

C'mon Stevie.

When things aren't happening at 60+ mins that's when you make the change. Not after we get btfkd by a shitty corner.

Tavs set pieces have been w@nk of late too. So dissapointed.

We’re four months into rebuilding a team. We are far from the finished article. Gerrard has had one transfer window and got us into the Europa group stages which has got some people carried away talking about 55 this season and putting to much expectation of this team too early. As Gerrard said on day one there will be days like this of disappointment as part of the rebuilding process. The important thing is we react well to this on Wednesday against Kilmarnock. We will win trophies again but there will be setbacks. As fans we are part of the Rangers family and win and lose together. How we learn from losing will define our recovery. We must support OUR TEAM on Wednesday and get Ibrox rocking. If we turn on our team they will lose confidence. It’s up to us now as fans to play our part. See you on Wednesday night WATP

The problem is mate we couldn’t turn that pressure into anything. Very poor.
It was much the same against Spartak Moscow to me. I just couldn't see who was going to score for us today.We didn't get one header on target that I saw despite all the crosses and corners.

Scunnered with that complete fuckin ineptitude. Jack & Tavernier desperately need to pull their fingers out their arse. I'd punt Jack in January if we could bring in a decent, creative midfielder.
Middleton needs his arsehole booted, his last two introductions have provided the square root of %^*& all.
Sadiq can get to %^*& immediately, without doubt one of the laziest and most pedestrian fuckers I've ever seen in a Rangers shirt.

But for the avoidance of doubt the stupidity, petulance and fuckin immaturity of Alfredo Morelos cost us a place in the final today..

Rant over!!

Scunnered with that complete fuckin ineptitude. Jack & Tavernier desperately need to pull their fingers out their arse. I'd punt Jack in January if we could bring in a decent, creative midfielder.
Middleton needs his arsehole booted, his last two introductions have provided the square root of %^*& all.
Sadiq can get to %^*& immediately, without doubt one of the laziest and most pedestrian fuckers I've ever seen in a Rangers shirt.

But for the avoidance of doubt the stupidity, petulance and fuckin immaturity of Alfredo Morelos cost us a place in the final today..

Rant over!!
Indeed - that really needs dealt with - we can't afford our main striker to be missing on big games. Get him a Columbian psychologist to work on him.

Rant over!!
Jack?

Where do you start with this nonsense, really.

It was much the same against Spartak Moscow to me. I just couldn't see who was going to score for us today.We didn't get one header on target that I saw despite all the crosses and corners.

I really think a change of formation is needed i'd play 2 up top even away from home, a good old fationed 442 its all to easy for teams to nullify Morelos or Lafferty its worked in Europe because in all fairness these teams might watch us 1 or 2 times before we play them domestically were to predictable seems to be 433 is the new go to formation it works with Salah,Firmino,Mane up top but not as effective with Kent,Saidq/Morelos,Candais.

Think we need to play more centrally, and perhaps without wingers, our crossing is atrocious so let’s try something else. It would be hard not to play Kent, but Candeias can go.

I can think back to a game where he didn’t play where we looked more compact and more likely to score. All this hugging the touch line and launching balls in can gtf.

Really down after that. Knew it would be hard but thought we win by the odd goal.

Subs again too late and why does Middleton not get a start. If Arfield was fit he should have started.

Teams now in our league know how to play us. Defend in numbers and hit us with corners or free kicks which we struggle to defend.
Regarding corners Tav has lost the ability to send in a decent cross plus we do not attack what he does send in.

All we have done is hand septic a cup as they will run over the sheep.
Hopefully we will see changes against Killie and up the temp0 going forward.
Time for a glass of something and fall asleep.

So he had a good game did he???
Set the heather alight against Spartak did he???
He's a fuckin Aberdeen player, no more no less!
So we're selling Jack off the back of this performance?

I must be watching a different player when I've seen him this season.

Go take a lie down pal.

We have a severe shortage of goals in this team, it isn’t just down to the striker, I don’t think we have anybody with any pedigree of actually scoring. (Strikers apart)

Gerrard hinting at new attackers. Good. He isn't stupid. No excuses about dugs barking or pitch geography. It's up to King to get him what he needs now.

So we're selling Jack off the back of this performance?

I must be watching a different player when I've seen him this season.
Go take a lie down pal.

His only positive so far is that we got him on a free. 14 performances this season and very little to write home about, substituted against a shite Aberdeen side.
If you're happy with Paul mcstay in a Rangers shirt then carry on fella, I've got a bit more ambition for my club!

how we respond in the next game will tell all, i have faith that come the final few games we will be in contention for league and have had a great euro run

Back