MOTM Poll Aberdeen v Rangers - 19:45 Tuesday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Absolutely vital we win this game. Don't give them an inch. Even a draw will start the press putting the pressure on with Rangers come back from the break rusty nonsense. Any kind of win and move on.. It's foot on the throat time.

Slightly concerned about tonight, but that’s just me being a panic merchant. I’m the same after any break in play, international breaks etc. I think Aribo is a huge miss and Lundstram playing in a midfield 3 again like the Dundee Utd game gives me the absolute fear. I honestly think it may be worth the risk of throwing Bacuna in.

An early goal would help settle the nerves. Need to keep the zero tonight.

For anyone betting on goal scorers, it feels as if Buff & Tav always score against the sheep so had a quick look -

Morelos 15 games 7 goals
Tavernier 22 games 11 goals

In 4 games, they have both scored against the sheep (actually less than I thought)

Nervous about the game as Aribo is a big miss and still feel that we could do with more creativity in the middle of the park.

Don't know if he will play Sands but whoever plays beside Kamara has to put in a big performance.

We were on a roll before the ’intervention’ by the tärriers to get games postponed. This is a tough fixture. An absolute must win to pick up from where we left off. Saying that, we do tend to start slow after a break. 3points and it will set us up for the rest of the campaign.

This game I think is a must win, it is obvious (if it wasnt before) reading the fat aussies comments that the stunt pulled by Them and the SPL is akin to the stunt pulled by the F1 when they denied Hamilton his title. They were out on their feet but now 4 new recruits and most back from injury. This will be our best title win ever if we can pull it off against the odds.
I forgot to include the corrupt officials and media lapdogs

Business end of the season begins tonight.

Going to have to turn up, dig deep and battle to make sure we come away with three points. Celtic got the job done last night, now it’s over to us.

Going to be a tough game but we can win it.

McGregor

Tav Goldson Bassey Barisic

Kamara Sands

Wright Hagi Kent

Morelos

Arfield is a big miss. These are the type of games he does well in.

Hoping we can get the 3 big points tonight in what I feel will be a tough game.
Hopefully we can protect the zero and get the win, with no red cards or injuries.
2-0 with Morelos to score. Let's Gio.

Big challenge for GvB and the team up against a highly motivated physical battle.

Kamara needs to hold our weakened midfield together - and Buffalo's got to work his magic.

Two/nill to the good guys.

Last edited:
Worried about tonight. Historically we're terrible after the winter break and with a few missing from the midfield I think we're in for a tough evening.
Pressure is on us after their win last night, so hopefully we get off to a good start.

My predicted line-up

McGregor

Borna
Goldson
Bassey
Tav

Kamara
Lundstram
Hagi

Wright
Morelos
Kent

Any points dropped now could be very damaging.

Aberdeen are not great but theyre better than they have been in recent seasons and, as always, will play like its the World Cup Final.

Ref will be intimidated by the rabid sheep.

Tricky encounter all round really.
Do Aberdeen not look statistically worse so far this season? Down in 5th too

Definitely going to miss Arfield tonight, however in Gio we trust!

Just glad the football is back!
Yeah I hope he has Lundstram suitability motivated to go out and prove why he should be in the team even when Arfield and Davis are fit.

The 3rd of the midfield 3 will be interesting, will he go with Hagi, Bacunna or spring a surprise?

I think Wright will start on the right wing and continue his good form from before Christmas

Can’t remember a bigger game up there for many a year.

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Bassey
Barisic

Sands
Kamara

Wright
Hagi
Kent

Morelos

2-0 to the champions.

Worried about tonight. Historically we're terrible after the winter break and with a few missing from the midfield I think we're in for a tough evening.
Pressure is on us after their win last night, so hopefully we get off to a good start.

My predicted line-up

McGregor

Borna
Goldson
Bassey
Tav

Kamara
Lundstram
Hagi

Wright
Morelos
Kent
Last season we weren't!

???

I think we need to let 2 seasons under Gerrard with a weak squad go and not pretend this is what "always" happens to Rangers.

How were we last season after the winter break?
I see what you are saying but we only won the league by 25 points, such a nerve-wracking 2nd half off the season, let's hope it's not so tight this season

Yeah I hope he has Lundstram suitability motivated to go out and prove why he should be in the team even when Arfield and Davis are fit.

The 3rd of the midfield 3 will be interesting, will he go with Hagi, Bacunna or spring a surprise?

I think Wright will start on the right wing and continue his good form from before Christmas
Be amazed if Hagi doesn’t start as the 10.

I liked Lundstrum and Jack together earlier in the season, we only saw a brief glimpse iirc but they seemed to suit. Fwiw I don't think Lundstrum is as bad as some folk claim. This could be a good opportunity for him.

I'm interested to see Sands, but this is not the game for a debut start unless he's really impressed the Boss.

Kent can play as a 10 too, so he could come central, but I think Hagi will play. Gio seems to like him a lot. I'd like to see Sakala start tbh, get the pace up front and run at them.

Any points dropped now could be very damaging.
Even a draw would still leave us 4 points clear, hardly very damaging.

Still expecting a win though, I think Aberdeen have only beaten us twice there in over 15 years. And one was against Warburton's Rangers with a last minute free kick that wasnt even a foul.

Wouldn't be against playing Kent in the Aribo role off Morelos with Sakala and Wright out wide. Then just a choice of Sands or Lundstram beside Kamara. I have a feeling that Gio might go for Sands if he has looked good in training.

Ref will be intimidated by the rabid sheep.
Filth are expecting points dropped for sure

The reason ref will not be intimidated is because it is Clancey. Same reasion scum are confident that we will drop points. Brown will get away with murder ( almost but not quite literally) we will be lucky to have no reds and ess than 4 yellows,

Let’s do this Rangers… foot straight back on the gas from the off. As ever they will treat this like a cup final. With Aribo missing I’m actually pleased this is on their patch as they are less likely to park the bus.

Big game feel this

Make sure no sloppy goals are conceded and we will win

Morelos and kent to score

Mon the Gers, just do it.

I hope we don’t show any shut down hangovers, and get stuck right in tonight. It’s seldom easy up there, and only our best will get us the three points.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

Do Aberdeen not look statistically worse so far this season? Down in 5th too
The League is not yet finished and clearly they have better players. Theyve got a game in hand and better GD than some. The likes of Hearts and Hibs are also stronger than last season making the Top 5 a lot more competitive.

Im not suggesting theyre World Beaters, just better than they were and also missing some of their more flaky individuals which might reduce mistakes.

Back