• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The more I think about it the more in inclined to just go for it

Usual backline

Sands kamara

Sakala kent wright

Morelos

Attack attack attack

No stupid mistakes defend strongly and don’t give Clancy a chance to influence the result

Even a draw would still leave us 4 points clear, hardly very damaging.

Still expecting a win though, I think Aberdeen have only beaten us twice there in over 15 years. And one was against Warburton's Rangers with a last minute free kick that wasnt even a foul.
Aye, the fake doomsday scenarios perplex me

Very damaging
Must win
Biggest game up there for years

None of it true. We lose and we still have a 3 point lead.

Of course I want and expect us to win.

But bizarrely transferring the must win scenario the chasing team find themselves in on to our team doesn’t help anyone.

We will drop points again this season. We’ll no doubt even lose a game. Critically, we will drop less than them. So building every game up as some do or die scenario doesn’t do anything except create fear and panic that no doubt translates to the stands and then the field.

The League is not yet finished and clearly they have better players. Theyve got a game in hand and better GD than some. The likes of Hearts and Hibs are also stronger than last season making the Top 5 a lot more competitive.

Im not suggesting theyre World Beaters, just better than they were and also missing some of their more flaky individuals which might reduce mistakes.
They might be better on paper, but it’s fair to say what they’ve produced on the field has not been better

The League is not yet finished and clearly they have better players. Theyve got a game in hand and better GD than some. The likes of Hearts and Hibs are also stronger than last season making the Top 5 a lot more competitive.

Im not suggesting theyre World Beaters, just better than they were and also missing some of their more flaky individuals which might reduce mistakes.

Hibs are stronger? I'm not sure I'd agree with that - they're mince.

The Sheep will be up for this (as always). Follow the game plan The Boss has given you. Be better than your direct opponent. Put in more effort than them. If we do that and keep concentration, we win. Simple.

Filth are expecting points dropped for sure

This games bloody massive what an absolute ball buster of an opening game after a break

Surely the management and players are running their hands. The sort of games you want to be involved it. Hit the ground running from the off.

Just watched GvB press conference from yesterday. I might have picked him up wrong but he mentions it is too soon for Helander and Jack but doesn't rule out Roofe or Balogun.

It will be interesting to see the starting lineup tonight.

Saw a suggestion that we play Kent in the number 10 with Wright and Sakala in the wide places.....I am liking the sound of that.

Kent dominated Brown from that position a few times last season.

Under any scenario we can field a better team than them. We also have a better manager and management team. A loss tonight is unacceptable. Set the pace from the first whistle and we will win.

No one playing big Itten

I think he will start tonight with Morelos dropping back 1

Hagi aint fit for playing the Aribo role up there he loses the ball far to much

You won't start Lundstram, who's played against Aberdeen in the league before, but you will start Sands, who has never even played for Rangers before, never mind against Aberdeen at Pittodrie.

Have you seen much of Sands to make the call? Or is t just that you think anybody is better than Lundstram?

I expect, given our injury worries, that Lundstram will start the game.

I guess GvB will be the man that decides though.

Either way, they have our backing and here's to 3 points.

It’s because he earns 1/35th of his weekly wage.

Aye, the fake doomsday scenarios perplex me

Very damaging
Must win
Biggest game up there for years

None of it true. We lose and we still have a 3 point lead.

Of course I want and expect us to win.

But bizarrely transferring the must win scenario the chasing team find themselves in on to our team doesn’t help anyone.

We will drop points again this season. We’ll no doubt even lose a game. Critically, we will drop less than them. So building every game up as some do or die scenario doesn’t do anything except create fear and panic that no doubt translates to the stands and then the field.

I sometimes wonder what people must have been like back when we were winning titles all the time.

2010-11 - 93 points - title race went to last game of the season. 21 dropped points!
2009-10 - 87 points - the league was over basically when Edu scored in the last minute but we had dropped 17 points by that stage.
2008-09 - 86 points - league decided on last day. We dropped TWENTY-EIGHT points that season!

I just don't see any way that we win every match between now and the end of the season. That would be something like a 27 game winning run and a 105 point total.

Tonight is a big match and a win would be huge but it's hardly the end of the world if we don't get the win.

Even if we do drop points tonight I am going to be happy clapping all the way to 56 regardless.

(Seriously though, we'd better f*cking win this tonight!)

???

I think we need to let 2 seasons under Gerrard with a weak squad go and not pretend this is what "always" happens to Rangers.

How were we last season after the winter break?
We didn't have a winter break last season did we? Thought it was scrapped due to Covid and the late start of the season.
Sorry if I'm remembering that wrong!

I just feel the Aribo hole is to big for Hagi to work - Hagi has been dreadful

Gio will try and do something that they haven't prepared for

As i say nothing more than a hunch
Yeah I think so, not something huge but a tweak specifically designed to hurt them they won't see coming.

I wouldn't want to try and work out the tactical approach from a Dutch managerial team with a couple of weeks to prepare for this game, especially if I was as pish a manager as Stephen Glass.

Yeah I think so, not something huge but a tweak specifically designed to hurt them they won't see coming.

I wouldn't want to try and work out the tactical approach from a Dutch managerial team with a couple of weeks to prepare for this game, especially if I was as pish a manager as Stephen Glass.

Thats it for me thats the main upgrade in manegment

That Hibs Semi is the prime example all be it ended up being caretaker coaching staff Hibbs basicly could prepare for our every pass for a number of weeks before the tie. Thats gone now not one of us have a clue whos going to play we could have predicted it 6 month ago with ease IMO

McGregor
Tav Goldon Bassey Borna
Kamara Sands
Wright Hagi Kent
Morelos

Only concern is the physical nature of the game. However, not a fan on Lundstram, would rather go with Kamara on his own than play him.

Edited !

Last edited:
We MUST learn from the 2.2 game, where they made us look ordinary.

We didn’t learn v Dundee Utd after they had beaten us at Tannadice.

Massive & pivotal 3 points. Win this & a significant gap can be created by mid February.

Yeah I hope he has Lundstram suitability motivated to go out and prove why he should be in the team even when Arfield and Davis are fit.

The 3rd of the midfield 3 will be interesting, will he go with Hagi, Bacunna or spring a surprise?

I think Wright will start on the right wing and continue his good form from before Christmas
Not a fan of Hagi, but we have little option.
We can't afford any passengers tonight and Hagi often falls into that category.

They always play against us like it's a Cup final, so I'd expect another tough night up there as usual. We should have enough to turn this lot over. 3 points, no injuries, keep the zero and on to Friday night lads

Back