Match Thread ** Aberdeen v Rangers - 19:45 Tuesday - Sky Sports **

Doubt we will see him in a Blue shirt again

You keep saying that mate and you may well be right, but I can't imagine many players are in a strong position where the new management are concerned.

For what he cost us he's been far more productive than Docherty or Dorrans for example.

The Sheep will make this a very high tempo and physical game tonight. Any response from our players will see red cards coming our way from the ref, guaranteed. I'd take a draw now, tbh.

For anyone in the Balkan region game is live on Arena Sports tonight. In Croatia it is on Arena Sports 4. Unfortunately they have picked Sundays live one as the scum game not our game. (RTV for that one then for me!) Although will lobby Arena Sports to show our game instead.

2-1 - Tav and Candeias.
Also, I loathe and despise the sheep. Just sayin'...

Big odds mate i agree, considering how easily we have defeated them 3 times this season but the team are low on confidence now.
We’d just lost back to back against Hamilton and Dundee before we swatted them aside twice in a matter of days earlier in the season. Aberdeen lack the bottle to win against us, comfortable 2-0 this evening.

Alnwick
Tavernier (C) Bates Martin Halliday
McCrorie Goss
Candeias Windass Murphy
Morelos.
1-2 (Tav (Pen) Windass)

We need a solid team out there tonight, no passengers, and that’s why Windass should not be in the team hopefully

We’d just lost back to back against Hamilton and Dundee before we swatted them aside twice in a matter of days earlier in the season. Aberdeen lack the bottle to win against us, comfortable 2-0 this evening.
That is true, i think we will pull it out the bag ! they really are p1sh andto think we destroyed them 3 times and they are still ahead of us is actually quite unbelievable

I wouldn't play dorrans again tbh.

Couldn’t have put it better myself.

A complete let down of a signing who practically everyone had high hopes for.

I’d rather go with either holt or docherty in the middle of the park. They may not be great but at least those two will give us energy. Dorrans gives us nothing.

DcrpmnqXUAAr324.jpg

Martin ahead of Alves is absolutely ridiculous. I can't wait to get rid of the absolute dinosaurs in our coaching set up and bring in coaches who can identify garbage and drop them. Just like I can't wait to see the back of Martin who is an absolute bombscare.

Hodson may well be rubbish but he's had better games at full back than Halliday can dream of.

Dorrans seems to be undroppable yet Goss and Docherty are binned.

Wanting Cummings ahead of Morelos as a lone striker is an absolute piss take as well.

Martin ahead of Alves is absolutely ridiculous. I can't wait to get rid of the absolute dinosaurs in our coaching set up and bring in coaches who can identify garbage and drop them. Just like I can't wait to see the back of Martin who is an absolute bombscare.

Hodson may well be rubbish but he's had better games at full back than Halliday can dream of.

Wanting Cummings ahead of Morelos as a lone striker is an absolute piss take as well.

Looks like Goss is starting tonight mate.

You make some good points, but Docherty has done absolutely nothing to merit selection tonight.

I agree mate, the way Goss was binned for having 2 or 3 below par performances compared to Dorrans who seems untouchable is a complete joke.

Dorrans has not turned in any displays of the quality that Goss had previously yet he is a starter every week and does nothing every week.

Im trying not to get frustrated over him but he really is getting to me.

He owes us a big performance tonight.

I agree mate, the way Goss was binned for having 2 or 3 below par performances compared to Dorrans who seems untouchable is a complete joke.

Dorrans has not turned in any displays of the quality that Goss had previously yet he is a starter every week and does nothing every week.

Im trying not to get frustrated over him but he really is getting to me.

He owes us a big performance tonight.
I agree to an extent but I also think he needs to be played in his best position which most certainly isn’t a holding or even central midfielder which is where we have played him a good bit. He has always been at his best in an attacking role. Hopefully he gets a chance in the Windass role where he can show his best form.

Just what is the script with Alves and Martin?

Has Bruno been told he’s only required for emergencies so that he makes the WC?

Lose tonight and I doubt we'll finish 4th let alone 3rd. But being the ever optimist I'm going for a slender win. 2-1 The Sons of William. C'MON THE RANGERS! LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!

I agree to an extent but I also think he needs to be played in his best position which most certainly isn’t a holding or even central midfielder which is where we have played him a good bit. He has always been at his best in an attacking role. Hopefully he gets a chance in the Windass role where he can show his best form.
Sorry mate i cant have this convo again about him playing out of position, he has not been an number 10 or attacking mid for 3 years because his legs are not there anymore.

I would love to be proven wrong

Last edited:
Reactions: cav
Mon the Gers, just do it.

Massive game tonight, past results mean nothing. Stand up and be counted Rangers, we will be cheering you on.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

I agree with all of that barring Hodson mate,he's truly dreadful I'm afraid.

Like Stalle Stensaas bad.Halliday may not even be a LB,but I'm glad he's playing ahead of him.

A draw at best. 1-1 is my guess but I've got a bad feeling we'll get beat. Shame really a Trainwreck Rangers side has pumped their best team for a decade 3 times on the bounce and Wel lose tonight and we'll have to suffer that "2nd best team in the country" tripe for another year.

Looks like Goss is starting tonight mate.

You make some good points, but Docherty has done absolutely nothing to merit selection tonight.
I'd argue he has two qualities Dorrans does not-namely desire and fitness.Dorrans passing,experience and movement is better but he really doesn't look up for the fight in a game of late mate.

I hope he rattles one into the top bin from thirty yards tonight in a comfy win for us to prove me wrong,but I fear it won't be the case.Docherty's raw,no doubt about it-but he has huge potential imo if played further forward in midfield a bit.

Edit - forgot to add be nice to see Goss with McCrorie beside him at last,we've been asking for that for some time.

A draw at best. 1-1 is my guess but I've got a bad feeling we'll get beat. Shame really a Trainwreck Rangers side has pumped their best team for a decade 3 times on the bounce and Wel lose tonight and we'll have to suffer that "2nd best team in the country" tripe for another year.
Be third best tripe if we lose mate,but we won't. It's Mcinnes remember.

I'd argue he has two qualities Dorrans does not-namely desire and fitness.Dorrans passing,experience and movement is better but he really doesn't look up for the fight in a game of late mate.

I hope he rattles one into the top bin from thirty yards tonight in a comfy win for us to prove me wrong,but I fear it won't be the case.Docherty's raw,no doubt about it-but he has huge potential imo if played further forward in midfield a bit.

Potential undoubtedly cav and I still think he'll prove to be an excellent signing.

His last few performances have been poor though and I don't think he's done anything to merit a start tonight.

Reactions: cav

Latest posts

Back