Match Thread ** Aberdeen v Rangers - 19:45 Tuesday - Sky Sports **

McCrorie and Morelos will be a big miss on Sunday, particularly the former. Could be a long day. That said, at half-time tonight I thought we were out of it.

Commentator mentioned Rossiter was getting ready to come on, I’d be tempted to give him 60 mins in Mccrories position on Sunday

Kris Commons saying the Edinburgh derby is one of the few games in Scotland that is electrifying.

He's right, but doesn't exactly promote the game for Sky.

The producers are useless that is the problem. They should be pulling him and any others up, telling them to watch what they say and to always talk the game up even if it is shite. They do it in the EPL all the time, where there is some amount of dross, but they never mention how shite it is, they always look for the positives.

You're talking utter pish (imho of course) - Morelos has been playing constant football, he's 21 years old, in a new country, new everything. Yes he's missed a few sitters, but if you cannot see the quality & potential in this lad, you haven't a fekin clue about football. I'm sure Stevie G will be heartened that he has 2 quality young players to build his team around, McCrorie & Morelos. Pity Bates is for the off, as he's starting to look like a player too.

He’s scaring potential buyers away with each chance that’s created for him. What do we do with that “potential” then?

I want him to leave for big money. That will only happen if he plays well and scores goals, which he’s not. I want is our striker to score the easy chances put on a plate for him. Morelos doesn’t do that!

McCrorie may be rough around the edges but he is going to be an excellent DM for us.

Guy has got it and from next month onwards he will be working with Gerrard and McAllister.

He is only going to get better.
What i like about him is that he is always on the front foot, looking for an opportunity to nick the ball or get a header in like our goal.

That’s exempts him from criticism for missing sitters in a regular basis?

He’s missed more sitters this season than most top stikers miss in an entire career! And we are taking sitters, or at the very least extremely easy chances!
No, criticise all you want. You aren't criticising though. You're sniping.

He isn't a top striker. He's a 21 year old we picked up from Finnish football fit not very much who's started off the season finishing very well but is clearly having a severe slump in front of goal where nothing's coming natural to him

We’ll thats lot of bollocks , if you believe that the ref cost us tonight then you must surely know that they cost massively especially at the start of the season. Caixinha probably lost his job earlier than he would have because of some absolutely ridiculous decisions

Caixinha lost his job because he had lost the dressing and, the most crucial part, he wasn’t very good at the job.

Referees have made really bad decisions in games involving us this season and I wouldn’t ever dispute that. However, to say it’s cost us anything when we’ve lost various games against opposition we should’ve been beating is ludicrous and it’s just making excuses really.

Yeah let’s just get rid then. Couldn’t possibly help him improve.

I never said get rid. I am suggesting we bring in a better player and Morelos gets put on the sidelines. Same goes for centre-backs etc.

Morelos is currently getting a game because he’s the best of a bad lot, not on merit.

I can't see us winning at Easter Road on Sunday with that team. It will be alot harder than what it was tonight. I Said 3 months ago we would finish 4th & I stand by that.

On tonight, I thought McCrorie played well and Cummings when he came on done well and it changed the game in our favour. Murphy last 20 minutes came on to a game but other than that I cant wait to see the back of the majority!

Only started playing when Dorrans & Holt went off they are woeful.
Please do not play again ffs
Fancy Hearts to take something off the spoon burners tomorrow nite, all 3 points puts us in Europe...

Dorrans was in top form tonight, it was him that was driving us forward in the early stages, before the penalty changed the direction of the game.

Boys battled hard, but that was the problem, it was a battle - which suited the sheep more than us.

A bit more composure on the ball and better decision making in the final third would have seen us win the match.

I feel we had to win tonight to finish 2nd. The bheasts will do whatever's necessary and roll over for the sheep just to shaft us and that's assuming we get a result against the spoonburners.

God knows what Gerrard is going to make of the refereeing shitshows we need to deal with against us up here btw.
Don’t think timmy will give us a 2nd thought.

Never a pen and changed the game.
For me we needed to win to at least secure Europa and have a good chance of 2nd.
Alnwick kept us in it.
McCrorie was brilliant and lead us forward.
And definitely MOTM.

No, criticise all you want. You aren't criticising though. You're sniping.

He isn't a top striker. He's a 21 year old we picked up from Finnish football fit not very much who's started off the season finishing very well but is clearly having a severe slump in front of goal where nothing's coming natural to him

I’m not sniping mate. He’s missed easy chances far too regularly. Almost in a weekly basis. That merits criticism!

I defenders don’t defend properly, that merits criticism.

If goalkeepers regularly drop cross balls, that merits criticism.

Do your job, there’s no problem! It’s that simple!

Caixinha lost his job because he had lost the dressing and, the most crucial part, he wasn’t very good at the job.

Referees have made really bad decisions in games involving us this season and I wouldn’t ever dispute that. However, to say it’s cost us anything when we’ve lost various games against opposition we should’ve been beating is ludicrous and it’s just making excuses really.
You don’t even make sense , he lost his job earlier. not saying he wouldn’t have lost his job anyway ( he would have )and to say the refereeing decision didn’t cost us points especially in the early part of the season is as I said ridiculous. The hibs game was some of the worst refereeing decisions I’ve ever seen in a match, the Kilmarnock game when for the first time in my life the fourth official entered the field of play to help overturn a refereeing decision other things like players being brutally injured and no protection from officials . eg dorrans, jack, Cardoso all contributed to us losing points . Points that would have seen us comfortably beat Aberdeen to second spot.

I’m not sniping mate. He’s missed easy chances far too regularly. Almost in a weekly basis. That merits criticism!

I defenders don’t defend properly, that merits criticism.

If goalkeepers regularly drop cross balls, that merits criticism.

Do your job, there’s no problem! It’s that simple!

He has done for the last few months. Didn't for the first few months.

He's young and he's off form. He's played a fck ton of games, gets no support and is currently having a mare in front of goal.

He has done for the last few months. Didn't for the first few months.

He's young and he's off form. He's played a fck ton of games, gets no support and is currently having a mare in front of goal.

He is having a mare that’s lasted 6months. If that doesn’t deserve criticism then what does?

Btw, I generally like him as a player, but we won’t win games if our main striker doesn’t score easy chances. He needs upgraded with a striker that’ll score goals or he needs some serious competition rather than Herrera or Cummings to hopefully give him the push that he maybe needs.

Right now he’s not getting a game on merit, but because he’s the best of a bad lot!

Just consumed with rage at that. Jimmy Nicholl summed it up well. We dwelled too much on yer another poor referring decision and starter to lose it. Much better second half, raging we couldn’t get the second as the sheep are shite! Wonder how many points poor decisions have cost us this season.

He is having a mare that’s lasted 6months. If that doesn’t deserve criticism then what does?

Btw, I generally like him as a player, but we won’t win games if our main striker doesn’t score easy chances. He needs upgraded with a striker that’ll score goals or he needs some serious competition rather than Herrera or Cummings to hopefully give him the push that he maybe needs.

Right now he’s not getting a game on merit, but because he’s the best of a bad lot!
It's not lasted 6 months. It's been 4 months, well since just before the break really but then had 3 weeks without a game, but the last 2 months especially.

He needs time off and some help. He's had Pena and Windass as his support, there's nobody there to take any share of the pressure. I think the first 4 months showed that he's more than capable enough.

McCrorie was unbelievable tonight. Won the vast majority of tackles and physical battles. He drove us forward in the second half and done well for the goal. If this is him at 19-20 I cannot wait to see his progression under the guidance of one of the game's greatest ever midfielders.

Once again Morelos was given absolutely no protection from the referee. In the first 30 mins he was pushed three times, hauled down once, and had numerous Aberdeen players bawling in his face. Clearly McInnes had sent them out to try and wind him up. The commentators were a disgrace, any time these incidents happened they managed to attach the blame to Morelos.

Just seen the penalty decision there again, nothing short of embarrassing. The standard of refereeing is absolute dogshit!

On another note, pissed off we allowed clowns like Logan, McKenna, Considine and O’connor time on the ball. Press them and they panic.

Last edited:
Wow. I woke up this morning to the reality of a 3rd place finish all but assured, unless we lose to Hibs at Easter Road which is of course a possibility. This season has been an utter car crash and thank god it’s nearly over.

Do we get European football if we finish fourth?
Is that dependent on Celtic winning the Scottish Cup?
If we finish 4th then Celtic need to win the SC. I’d rather Motherwell won it and we missed out on Europe personally, for reasons I’ve previously stated on here

Hearts will do it tonight and if we play like the second half like we did last night we will beat Hivs. We know how poor we’ve been, they are overrated and overhyped by a biased mhedia who would never want to give any kind of credit where it’s due. Other than a poor penalty decision Aberdeen never threatened our goal really, we should have went on to finish them off in the second half.

Actually thought Dorrans was making us tick for the first 10 minutes.

He was playing in the number 10 role and we were causing them problems.

Overall, we should have won that 1-0. They were shite and offered nothing and we were cheated by the ref, again.

How about Alves,Martin,in the 2 centre back roles,with Bates in the mccrorie role for Sunday?

:-0

Step away from the computer...

Bates is thee most limited footballer in our squad. That’s not a criticism, he’s just a blatant centre half who heads and tackles.

I think he’d be dreadful in midfield, worse than Halliday.

It's not lasted 6 months. It's been 4 months, well since just before the break really but then had 3 weeks without a game, but the last 2 months especially.

He needs time off and some help. He's had Pena and Windass as his support, there's nobody there to take any share of the pressure. I think the first 4 months showed that he's more than capable enough.

I’m not convinced he has is capable enough (yet)! He might be in a couple of years but we need a better striker next season who will score goals and he needs a “role model” and a proper striker to put him on the sidelines to knock the petulance out him and give him much needed competition to bring his game to the next level.

We won’t win league or trophies with a striker who finds it difficult to put easy chances away.

For far too many seasons, we’ve had players getting games because they’ve been the best of a bad lot. Tav, wallace, wilson, holt, now we have Dorrans, Martin, and Morelos. This needs to stop and players need to start earning their place in the team on merit.

Competition is healthy. Bring in a better striker, and Morelos gets put on the bench. Or he improves his game (improve his form if you prefer) and he keeps his place. Either way - the team reaps the benefits!

:-0

Step away from the computer...

Bates is thee most limited footballer in our squad. That’s not a criticism, he’s just a blatant centre half who heads and tackles.

I think he’d be dreadful in midfield, worse than Halliday.
We are talking about “defensive “midfield “,not the xavi role,this mob on Sunday have probably the 2nd best midfield in the spl,and is where the game could be won or lost.any alternative set up suggestions would be fantastic.

We are talking about “defensive “midfield “,not the xavi role,this mob on Sunday have probably the 2nd best midfield in the spl,and is where the game could be won or lost.any alternative set up suggestions would be fantastic.

For that role, you still need to be mobile, play on the front foot, close space, energy and legs and a tactical awareness of both in front and behind.

Nothing suggests Bates has that in the locker.

He’s a ball winning centre half. Clears his lines and marks well.

Brilliant!

Nothing surer, the minute you criticise somebody, they step up to the plate. I was delighted for the young man and I think he can play, but I stand by my comment that he hasn`t looked anything like the player we saw before he was injured, but that goal will surely do his confidence the world of good.

Back