Match Thread ** Aberdeen v Rangers - 19:45 Tuesday - Sky Sports **

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
n7dFSbF.png

Well need to be up for it from the 1st whistle as the mutton molesters will be on it from the start. Need to start with a similar team to the 1 that started the 2nd half on Sat.

A must win for this group of players.

Do they have it in them to dig deep and give it their all?

That was rhetorical by the way.

Anything other than 3 points tonight I think we see us finishing 4th. I just can't see us not getting beat on Sunday.

Win tonight and hope that Heart can nick a point tomorrow night, and 2nd place should be ours.

I wouldn't play Dorrans unless we have a proper DM behind him.

Dorrans plays a lot better further up the park but in a midfield 2 he is hopeless. Its clear he doesn't like the physical part of the game. He played better in the 2nd half against Killie when McCrorie came on.

i sincerely hope we kick the shit out of these clowns tonight, hell id even take a lucky win, 3pts a must for sure

Going to be a tough game. Don't care what the score is as long as we get 3 points.

The mind games :rolleyes:

McInness saying its an embarrassment if Rangers don't finish second.

Is that because he admits his Aberdeen side are inferior ?

We will win this if everybody gives 100%. Scoring the first goal will be important and if we get in early then that will boost confidence.
We need Freddy to get back to scoring and this might just be the game to get him back on track. Play a high line and tackle before allowing crosses into the box. This is a must win for us and I hope that some of the players who know they will not be here next season still give all they have for the club that has looked after them.

3 points a must. I fear if it becomes a battle we’ll not be up to it though, hope I’m wrong as I think the sheep will put the boot in.

I really hope the players realise the importance of a win tonight, no settling for a draw, full pelt for the 3 points

Alnwick, Tav, Bates, Alves, Halliday, McCrorie, Goss, Dorrans, Murphy, Candeias, Morelos.

That would be my team for tonight.

Would agree with that, they threaten a lot from set pieces and deliveries into the box which Alves is much better at dealing with that Martin.

I expect we will play both Martin and Holt but Goss for me should be starting with the added protection of having McCrorie behind him he would thrive and give us a threat from set pieces.

If we get stuck in and right in their faces we should have too much for them, my concern as always with these players is we don't turn up

Reactions: cav
I think Nicholl will rightly go with what started 2nd half against Hearts.

Alnwick
Tav
Bates
Martin
Halliday

McCrorie (protecting the back 4 and brining the ball out, breaking up play)
Holt
Dorrans (playing further forward)

Candyman
Morelos
Murphy

Surely to %^*& John can play with a cast on?

If not, Halliday stays LB for me, Hodson is terrible

Dorrans out - Doc in
Cummings out - McCrorie in

4-3-3

Hopefully not have to worry about an occasional stray pass and get on with their football, Roll up the sleeves and get about this lot, 2-1 gers.

Alnwick

Tav Alves Bates Halliday

McCrorie Goss

Candeias Dorrans Murphy

Morelos

Driving up at 3 solo due to none of my mates getting tickets and not enough to run a bus.

3 points are coming our way I reckon.
I have heard thats the team although Martin for Alves

15/8 against this mob in a must win game is an incredible price. Baw deep.
Big odds mate i agree, considering how easily we have defeated them 3 times this season but the team are low on confidence now.

I expect Martin to start mate.

Alves ahead of him was my preference, but didn't expect it to happen.

Goss starting would definitely be a positive.

He'd a cracking game against them last time.

Yea i think so aswell, i would rather have Alves in there and deffo Goss for Holt.

Dont expect much from Dorrans but we will wait and see.

Back