Match Thread Aberdeen v Rangers - 19:45 Wednesday - Sky Sports

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
k5WYknX.png

Big match, bit of a worry to be honest.
Rangers last 11 league matches =21 points (lost Aberdeen, Killie and drew Hibs, Hibs and Dundee)
Aberdeen last 11 league matches=25 points (lost Celtic, St Johnstone and drew Killie)
I think we have better players but they seem to be better organised defensively. We have to learn to get shut outs regularly to help our cause.

Disgraceful that the team hasn't been leaked yet. What sort of third-rate, underground espionage operation are we running at Auchenhowie?

The diamond might actually work better tonight as we beat them 3 times under Murty using it, while the usual 433 has played into their hands the last 2 meetings.

I’ve got a good feeling about this one.
If the team suggested is correct, I’m expecting Worrall to prove his worth.

Same team as Livi will do me. Dont care about the performance tonight 3 points is all that matters!

Do the buisness Rangers

This mob really deserve a doing off us.

Very frustrating because they are an anti-football team.

Feel a bit sick about this one. Not expecting anything pretty.

Don't care how we win, just win. Finishing with all 11 on the pitch would be great too.

Who keeps leaking it? A bit of a worry that the opposition keep getting to know our team long before the game.
Do you not think we make too much of this?
I mean, don’t you think the sheep will have planned for different Rangers formations?
I’d understand if it meant they’d make personnel changes but, I don’t think they’d be doing this.

Who keeps leaking it? A bit of a worry that the opposition keep getting to know our team long before the game.

90% of the folk on here could have correctly guessed the team that's been posted. Even The Bottle Merchant up in Sheepsville could have guessed, and prepared, for it.

I don't like to see the team leaked but, less than 24 hours before kick-off and with the opposition having no training sessions on the day of the match, I think we make too much of it. McInnes would have expected either the team posted or the one that played against St Mirren - and will have prepared for both.

Another big test of our credentials tonight.

Hoping we can break the cycle of terrible results against them, the last two losses came at a time when they weren’t actually playing that great whereas now they are in decent form so it won’t be easy.

Aberdeen are the tallest team in the league I believe, so it makes sense to have an additional midfielder instead of Defoe for this one. Freddo likes it up there on his own anyways, 1-3 Rangers.

We can't afford any more slip-ups and for that reason I can see us winning by a couple of goals.

Do you not think we make too much of this?
I mean, don’t you think the sheep will have planned for different Rangers formations?
I’d understand if it meant they’d make personnel changes but, I don’t think they’d be doing this.
Aye, i guess so. Still feel a bit uneasy with the opposition getting a heads up tho. SG said he wants to keep teams guessing but theres no need for them to guess if the team keeps getting leaked. Having said that we should be able to beat them either way really.

Big match, bit of a worry to be honest.
Rangers last 11 league matches =21 points (lost Aberdeen, Killie and drew Hibs, Hibs and Dundee)
Aberdeen last 11 league matches=25 points (lost Celtic, St Johnstone and drew Killie)
I think we have better players but they seem to be better organised defensively. We have to learn to get shut outs regularly to help our cause.

They couldn't shut out Stenhousemuir at home a couple of weeks ago mate and they won't be shutting us out.

They're getting it tonight.

I'll be a wee bit disappointed if Defoe doesn't start. He was signed to be the difference in games like these.

McCrorie over Davis is the right call to begin with anyway. Need him in there to battle with Shinnie and Ferguson. Can introduce Davis after the game opens up a bit.

Back