Match Thread Aberdeen v Rangers - 19:45 Wednesday - Sky Sports

So many times this season we make things hard for ourselves and struggle to see games out. I'm shouting at them to just play simple passes or get the ball up the field for the striker to hold it up. We just always seem to invite pressure on to ourselves and it's cost us against Aberdeen, Hibs, Killie, Vienna & Spartak to name a few.

Obviously a lot harder tonight once Morelos went off but more composure in these situations is definitely something we should be working on.

It was just like the Celtic game. We needed to win and we battled to do it.
These are games like this you have to do it that way.
Without a doubt Celtic Aberdeen Kilmarnock hearts, Hibs and probably Murderwell are among those that if you don’t you do it, you lose the vital points

The thing about Morelos is - if they can get a player in a scrap with him, and both get sent off - the opposition will take that deal right from the start.

For me
Tav’s was a pen
Our first half was exceptional
That set tone for second half as they believed they were back in it
Worst shud have been yellow for Alfredo worth an appeal in my opinion
My unpopular one will be Shinnie. I thought he was exceptional, as big a pest to us as Alfredo was to them particularly after 10v10 as he was everywhere. He even picked Barasic pocket to start them away for their poxy ping ping first goal. As I say prob won’t get many agreeing but for me he was a pest towards the end

I thought he was hard done to tonight but I couldn’t blame the referee for taking the action he did.

Nope I posted that early.

After further perusal I thought the ref had a great game. Alfie really needs to stop being a wee petulant fanny. He's the best player in the country by a mile. Let them kick you and laugh at them.

Just watched McInnes's interview, deary me...

On more than one occasion he says seen he hasn't seen it again. So he is going by what he saw originally when he was a fair distance from the incident and couldn't possibly have seen it clearly. So despite this he finishes off the interview by saying ''I hope they don't rescind it because it's a red card''.

The sheep were not the better team ffs.

We dominated the first, and then they reacted better after the sendings off. But we were quite happy to sit back and hit them on the break. McGregor made maybe 2 saves that I can remember?

Looking for something that isn’t there to claim the sheep were the better team

For me
Tav’s was a pen
Our first half was exceptional
That set tone for second half as they believed they were back in it
Worst shud have been yellow for Alfredo worth an appeal in my opinion
My unpopular one will be Shinnie. I thought he was exceptional, as big a pest to us as Alfredo was to them particularly after 10v10 as he was everywhere. He even picked Barasic pocket to start them away for their poxy ping ping first goal. As I say prob won’t get many agreeing but for me he was a pest towards the end
Shinnie was excellent

My main gripe for this game was listening to Walkers biased co commentery.Why the %^*& do they not get a rangers leaning person.The guy is a fucking disgrace.Big Hayley nearly made up for it.Man she is fit.

My main gripe for this game was listening to Walkers biased co commentery.Why the %^*& do they not get a rangers leaning person.The guy is a fucking disgrace.Big Hayley nearly made up for it.Man she is fit.
They’ll point to Boyd.
Off camera, outside the studio, anywhere else, Boyd is a blue as you and I.

Think we would have been screaming for it it their box.
Pen for me
As with the Morelos sending off, I think the referee might be thinking Ferguson’s arms are all over the place and committed the first infringement.
However, it’s easy to see why he gave the penalty and I’m not thinking of him being under pressure.

That result has got a monkey off our backs
An ugly cheating, brutal, bitter, hammer-throwing, monkey that resembles a sheep maybe - but we've now broken this ridiculous run against them where they won points or games when they deserved zero - yet acted as if they actually planned our downfall - when we actually handed it to them

The trouble is we almost handed it to them last night as well

I have my preferred line-ups & favourites which can cloud my judgement but whatever team is on the park - needs the right attitude & mentality & that's what I think needs consistency & often has more effect than our line-up
Let's hope SG & GMc keep working on this because great as last night was - we've obviously got a lot more work to do & we need to have the right blend of belief & determination to pull this off

Last edited:
Morelos temprement might keep him here for years to come.

He is without doubt the best player in Scotland he’s an absolute animal.

Oh yes and Fuk You Del Boi.

Walker who I hate said it wasn't a red for Morelos.

Alfie's sending off on YouTube.

Not seen it from any other angle but based on this footage it was very very harsh. Looks like McKenna was out to injure Alfie and Alfie was raising his foot as a defensive reaction.
Mckenna's foot is hooked behind Morelos's left leg that's why he couldn't break away from him , red should be rescinded

Just seen the red card. Morelos was unlucky, stupidity if anything but no maliciousness but he does need to not get involved. Even if it was soft, leaving a foot in, it allows the ref to make a decision. He needs to learn.

great trip one of the best up there for me was right up at the fence hit with coins and cups of juice but well worth it

Having read this thread from page 51, my conclusion to alfies sending off changing the competitive and tactical nature of the team then alfie will need to get wise if he hasn't by now that these arseholes whoever they play for are out to get him.

He thrives on the ability to combat those that want to do him harm and weaken the structure that SG and Gary Mac are trying to instill on the team.

No he didn’t, Tav done far more grabbing. 100% penalty.
Not for me. You see the same grappling every game without punnishment. The sheep threw himnself to con the ref. Who should have whistled the play dead and warned both players.

Back