Match Thread Aberdeen v Rangers - 19:45 Wednesday - Sky Sports

Great win, but I was going to make a point about Ryan Jack.

Is it just me or does he seem lazy recently? There were certain points of the game where he wasn't closing down and he was letting people run off him.

I noticed it in the Kilmarnock or Livi game as well.

BT showing O'Squeel's 6-2 win right after our win....tell me I'm daft for thinking that's a coincidence...:rolleyes:

Tav needs to be physically stronger, more positionally aware and be able to block the guy off without putting his hands all over him in an environment where we're under constant scrutiny and a ref that's no friend of Rangers. He will always struggle with that bit of his game. The trade off is what he brings going forward.

Ref that's no friend of Rangers?

Ref had a phuckin great game tonight.

Substitutions delivered the result. I think we should be relaxed about this instead of picking holes and thinking what might have worked better!
FFS SG delivered an away win against the sheep under intense pressure as our league season would have been over if we handout won. Credit only tonight please.

Is it just me or does he seem lazy recently? There were certain points of the game where he wasn't closing down and he was letting people run off him.

The whole team looked out on their feet last 15-20 i thought. Glad defoe buried that cause my arse was making buttons.

Ma hole. Tav was all over him.

Ref got every big decision right.

Initially thought Alfie was a yellow but watched it a few times and defo red.
I was right in line with it and knew right away Alfie was going off, and he knew it too, hence why he lay on the ground so long.

Footballs a funny game, and I guess it’s all about opinions. I thought it was a really soft penalty- you see that every game. Also thought it wasn’t a red card.
I expect Madden to give a fair few penalties from now on

BT showing O'Squeel's 6-2 win right after our win....tell me I'm daft for thinking that's a coincidence...:rolleyes:

I thought the same, FWIW. Sky are trolling bastards. Same as the game shown before it. They know bears will be tuned in.

A few times tonight didn't follow the runner and jogged back, particularly in 2nd half. I'll not be too harsh tonight, as at times him and mccrorie were the only 2 playing in the midfield. Arfield and candy were well off it tonight.

Didn't think we played well as a team at all tonight, especially after the red card, but I'll take a poor 4-2 against the Dolly dippers any day of the week.

Thought Alfie was immense, and that finish was top tier level of execution. We should be right in to have that red rescinded.

Had the miss fortune to tune into Red TV at the end ,when try to get Rangers TV to reload and all they could say was Madden cost them the game Un real

I'm hugely torn on this, I'm old enough to know that Pittoddrie wins are hard to come by however that second half performance was horrendous. From the regular switch off, low key start, to the go down to ten and all of a sudden Aberdeen are pissing all over us, it was a hard watch.
you sir are either on the wrong board or are trolling but whatever it is … if I said what I want to I would get banned ..as for old enough your probably in your late teens who has just switched off from watching another game the hatred oozes out of you :mad:

Great 3 points, when the 10 million man was sent off with Alfie we suddenly became 2nd best my point being we need the wee man on the field, he was superb while it lasted and if that big donkey is worth 10 million what is Alfie worth?

Great result. however means nothing unless we win the next League game. Work even harder against every team we play and we would have chance of winning this league.
Play Tav in midfield where I think he is excellent and get somebody in a right back who just defends.

Good hard fought 3 points think it just shows what an important player Morelos is too us in total control of the game until the sending off

I didn't think we pressed Aberdeen at all today. Even first half we gave them an awful lot of time and sat off them. A couple of moments of magic from Kent and Morelos won us the game but it was a bit backs to the wall rather than us controlling any part of the game.

Had the miss fortune to tune into Red TV at the end ,when try to get Rangers TV to reload and all they could say was Madden cost them the game Un real
I was watching the Geordies stream that was basically them talking over Red TV and was unfortunate to hear, just before they dubbed after half time the sheepshagging commentators saying it will be a struggle because they are playing 13 men and Alfie was a cheat. Cue a penalty and Alfie getting sent off so f*"k knows how the came to that conclusion at the end!

Great game, great result, great performance from the Gers.

Nice to see the sheep back in their pen.

Message to Buff, time to grow up son.

Funny that, the more I watch it the less I think Alfie deserved a red. There was no downward motion so it wasn’t a stamp. It might sound weird but I honestly think he had trouble avoiding the stamp, and his leg go caught up with McKenna. He might have thought about it, but I can’t see where the infraction was from Morelos, whereas McKenna threw a deliberate kick at Alfie’s head

Quick question Bear's I've got 10 minutes of highlights of tonight's match for those who can't be arsed looking elsewhere, will I get my skull caved in with the ban hammer if I post them here?

So proud of the gers tonight brilliant 3 points if all other teams in the league showed the same desperation against the mentally challengeds as they do against us for a win it would be a different title race also madden was taking the piss for not booking most of the sheep for practising fkn mma on our players imagine the shit storm if they had tried that against the mhanky mob

Funny that, the more I watch it the less I think Alfie deserved a red. There was no downward motion so it wasn’t a stamp. It might sound weird but I honestly think he had trouble avoiding the stamp, and his leg go caught up with McKenna. He might have thought about it, but I can’t see where the infraction was from Morelos, whereas McKenna threw a deliberate kick at Alfie’s head

He left a foot in roon aboot the baws. Could have been a yellow but a red was coming with all the shit from the weekend plus it was Alfie. As I said ref had a great game. No complaints.

You don’t think the sheep was grabbing Tav as much as Tav grabbed him ? It was your normal grappling in the box from what I saw. Both were at it, but sheepie falling to the ground made up the refs mind for him. No action should was needed. If anything give them both a talking to

No he didn’t, Tav done far more grabbing. 100% penalty.

The Dark Destroyer - Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey, hey baby, ooh, ah, I wanna knowwwwwwwww, Jermain Defoe!

Outstanding result and performance tonight Rangers! Keep winning and putting the pressure on Celtic!

Back