Match Thread ** Aberdeen v Rangers - 3rd December 12:30 - Sky Sports **

The last two games we have at last started getting physical , winning second balls and bossing our so called 2 nd place rivals. Something has changed in this team there now playing as Rangers players should be. Ok improvement still needed Kenny should not be a 90 minute player he just can’t pass a decent ball. We know this. Keep winning and the new year could just bring that challenge we so much crave. 2 nd place and apparently 10 days ago we were written off. A new manager can only motivate and improve even more. FFS 55 let’s go !!

Tom English

''Then, drama. Ten minutes into the second half, Jack went into a tackle with Stevie May and left his foot on the striker to such an extent that the striker was fortunate to avoid a bad injury.
Willie Collum whipped out the red card - and he was right. It was the fourth red of Jack's season, albeit two of them were later rescinded.''

See watching without a few beers jeezo:D
Thought Jack really unlucky, May doesn’t fancy a 50/50 and his momentum carries him onto Jacks boot.
As for McInnes if he hadn’t played for us don’t think he would have been in the frame.

It’s not even 50/50, it’s at least 60/40 in Jack’s favour.

Feel like I've just aged 30 years after those last 20 minutes,need a lie down now.
But what a tremendous feeling of warmth beating those bahhhstards twice in a matter of days :)

Good result. Outstanding 3pts. Maybe not as slick as the 3-0 game but the team worked as a team when we played the last 33 mins with 10 men. Jack bossed the midfield. Wilson & Bates were comfortable first half. We lost Alves, then Wilson and still we came through it. Surely now we can go on a run?

Is Commons mentally deficient?

'This speculation would disappear if McInnes just came out and said 'I don't want the Rangers job' '

He's not going to say that is he? He DOES want the job!

i agree with commons, dmci could have ended all the media talk himself that he is complaining about.
dmci didnt give the impression that he is the next gers boss.

Brilliant the Teddy Bears. I'm absolutely bouncing here. Our pride is being restored. At last, the penny is dropping for the players that being a Ranger means you can never feel sorry for yourself and always put in a 100% shift.

Instead of the all negativity towards the players which their performances have duly merited this season, the players must surely thrive on the accolades and the positivity they shall receive from the fans after these last two performances. The confidence should be flowing now and I look forward to seeing us going onwards and upwards.

It was not 50/50, it was 60/40 for Jack. May arrived late hence his injury, Jack had already played the ball when he arrived.
Ok, I agree, but u know what I meant ! Jack was looking after the ball...following its flight after he hit it.... so no intent. It would have taken some brain to make a foot clear a ball and hit a player in a split second, same movement..

Do you think Brown would have got a red for that ? Nothing to do with Jack it is all about the refereeing.

Maybe, who knows. Probably asking the wrong person as i dont subscribe to the great big ref conspiracy. I undoubtedly think that jacks track record (as i said unfair and unjustifiable record) played a part in the red card decision. Coupled with the fact the incident looks nasty

Just an afterthought about their goal,without taking away a great gritty performance,that's 3 direct free kicks Wes has lost,all scored in same place,is his positioning wrong or lining the wall up wrong?

Wasn't a great wall but he didn't move his feet and it wasn't in the corner. Has got to keep that one out.

The cu:)nt needs to be removed from broadcasting !

I’d like to see him removed from breathing to be honest.Only kiddin bit strong but I see he is now toeing the bbc party line.He has slotted right in there.Fu*k him and the rest of the sad scummy cu*s on there.Their pain makes me happy.

The last two games we have at last started getting physical , winning second balls and bossing our so called 2 nd place rivals. Something has changed in this team there now playing as Rangers players should be. Ok improvement still needed Kenny should not be a 90 minute player he just can’t pass a decent ball. We know this. Keep winning and the new year could just bring that challenge we so much crave. 2 nd place and apparently 10 days ago we were written off. A new manager can only motivate and improve even more. FFS 55 let’s go !!

McCrorie has made a huge difference in the middle of the park.

Great to see the players playing like Rangers players. Also great to see so much team spirit during that game.

What a difference the last two games have made, onwards and upwards now.

Well done Murty, you should feel proud of yourself tonight.

Absolutely over the moon
It feels like I’ve been on this rigg every time we’ve lost a game this year
Hardly ever see rangers wining when I’m offshore
An to beat them twice oot here
Sheep supporters everywhere

Over the moon

Delighted with that, that’s what playing for Rangers is all about.

Tremendous fight and determination from the players especially after that nonsense red card for Ryan Jack.

New manager in place this coming week now please, onwards and upwards!

You really can't underestimate the impact young mcCrorie has had he's lifted our midfield by being so aggressive in the tackle and winning second ball it rubs of on other's round about and at last we're doing the bullying,an we look like a Rangers team.

What a great week. We could have been sitting here 12 points behind Aberdeen. We're now second, get the new manager in next week, and suddenly things are looking positive.

The team showed real fight today and apart from crossed balls I don't think Aberdeen looked a threat. We were compact and very well organised.

One of the main criticism's of Windass has been his lack of goals. Well he now has 4 goals and 1 assist in his last 6 games. Well done Josh Windass.

It's clear having McCrorie in the holding role has made a huge difference. The 4-4-1-1 meant we only had two central midfielders who would be outnumbered most weeks. Almost every other team plays three central midfielders.

I am so happy with that. After Jack's red card we were brilliant. Defended well and created more chances than the sheep.

What is going on with Jack, 4 red cards of which 3 are a complete conplete joke. Is he the first man to be sent off for passing a ball? or is it for being caught late?
A massive performance today, especially when we went down to 10 men.

Under pedro in that circumstance - we'd have crumbled.

Was delighted with the squad today, probably one of our best results we've had since we played the vermin in the cup semi

When the sheep scored I thought we handled the situation brilliantly and Wes didn't have a major save to make really after that

The sending off was appalling, how the f*ck does his momentum stop him? Impossible really

Always fantastic beating that sheep scum

GIRFUY!! :D:D

DQIdQYgX4AAMwLz.jpg:large

Great result. A disciplined and confident showing in both halves and what a beauty of a header from Wilson. Jack was the best player on the park until that bullshit red card. I mean you could argue he didn't need to make the tackle but imo it was a fair 50/50 challenge where he went for and won the ball. Thankfully we were superb when we went down to 10 men. Thanks to Graham Murty, the other coaching staff and the players for what has been a very enjoyable last few days :D

Great result. A disciplined and confident showing in both halves and what a beauty of a header from Wilson. Jack was the best player on the park until that bullshit red card. I mean you could argue he didn't need to make the tackle but imo it was a fair 50/50 challenge where he went for and won the ball. Thankfully we were superb when we went down to 10 men. Thanks to Graham Murty, the other coaching staff and the players for what has been a very enjoyable last few days :D
Good post, I agree entirely with the sentiments.
Bates also is deserved of a mention.
Tavernier I thought also had a superb game.

Red card

Thought he was unlucky. Didn't see any intent.

Was it Andy Walker that was saying that it was unlikely that he would get that red card rescinded?

What a pr|ck

Back