Aberdeen

Their support live for getting a few crumbs of comfort by scraping the odd point from us. It’s all they care about. They would rather take one point from us rather than 3 from st Mirren. They were described tonight as being listless, disjointed and poorly organised.

not a view held by any St Mirren fan I know, and with working and living in Paisley I probably know them all !

Apparently he hasn’t a clue what he is doing, they have sacked worse. None would shed a tear if he left.
If he left, they would probably want him back as they slip into the relegation fight. Like so many other clubs fans

Surprise surprise, lost away to st boo tonight, nothing left in tank after the effort they put in against us.
We were shite last week. We can have no excuses. No matter how hard a shift Aberdeen or any team put in against us we should always be better than them

not a view held by any St Mirren fan I know, and with working and living in Paisley I probably know them all !

Apparently he hasn’t a clue what he is doing, they have sacked worse. None would shed a tear if he left.

Ah well nothing wrong with a difference of opinion.

I've got a mate who's a Loyalist St Mirren fan (endangered species probably) and I know him and his mates rate him highly.

I actually went down to Somerset Park with him last Saturday and they absolutely cruised past Ayr Utd.
Goodwin seemed very popular with the support too.

They always look well organised to me and are certainly punching above their weight.

He's made some good signings too.

They're certainly closer to being a top 6 club than a side fighting relegation.

Would help if we turned up the twice against them
100%. Hate the narrative that we drop points simply because the other team put effort in. We should always match any opposition for effort, then hope / expect our superior quality wins the day.

Aberdeen are a nothing team. Their measures of success are how well they do against us and aiming to get pumped in a cup final every few years.

Endless plodder managers followed by their dream team of Stephen Glass and an ex Celtic Pantomime Villain.

I've got a mate who's a Loyalist St Mirren fan (endangered species probably) and I know him and his mates rate him highly.

I actually went down to Somerset Park with him last Saturday and they absolutely cruised past Ayr Utd.

They always look well organised to me and are certainly punching above their weight.

A St.Boo fan I know swears that their fans lean about 70/30 in Rangers favour when push comes to shove.
I would never have believed this.

A St.Boo fan I know swears that their fans lean about 70/30 in Rangers favour when push comes to shove.
I would never have believed this.

He certainly does anyway mate.

Been in the Grapes plenty of times and goes to all our parades.

The officials didn't cost us points against those scumbags. Our attitude and Gio's team line up and set up cost us the points.
Absolute rubbish - The Clancy effect had a huge bearing on the game. We had 21 fouls against us against 7 when one baldy c unt committed more than that on his own and never got pulled up.

100%. Hate the narrative that we drop points simply because the other team put effort in. We should always match any opposition for effort, then hope / expect our superior quality wins the day.
It helps when the ref allows one team only to put the effort in.

We just don’t hate them enough, certainly not in the same way that they hate us.

I think it’s written into their contracts every season that they need to find at least 6 points minimum against us, at home. That’s their big motivation against us, this perceived rivalry that’s between us than hasn’t existed in well over 20 years.

They harbour some sort of grudge against us for some bizarre reason when we should DESPISE them for their horrible actions since Durrants injury, but we are better than that as a club.

Your right in what you say, however. We should at least be able to turn up and scud them by as many goals as we want, but their hatred and desire to fan the flames of that hatred gets them over the line more often than not.

The good thing was about the result at Pittodrie was that we didn’t lose!

Its us as a club that's allowed this myth of a " rivalry " to exist. The media also want it to continue and for Aberdeen to be given free rein by cheats like Clancy.

Fancied St Mirren to beat them.

Goodwin has built a decent side there on a shoestring and is a good manager.

Suprised they've held on to him as long as they have.
Only because anybody trying to make him an offer can't get a bloody word in for his non stop blathering. Jim 'why use a sentence when 18 chapters of a book will do' Goodwin.

The sheep haven’t been relevant to us since the early 90s, when to be fair, they had some decent sides.
For some reason we always seem to leave our worst performances of the season for them, twice this season definitely.

FJ_PnicXoAIPsWL

They didn’t turn up against us, we set up tactics like we were playing Real Madrid and it was 1980

People need to stop going mental because teams raise their game against us. Of course they do, they have to to get anything from the game because we have better players. Its about how WE play and us matching their effort, we were rotten last week and it resulted in dropped points. Its nothing to do with the opposition, only us.

Fancied St Mirren to beat them.

Goodwin has built a decent side there on a shoestring and is a good manager.

Suprised they've held on to him as long as they have.
I would take a punt on the Irish lad McGrath and sign him on a pre contract.
Yes I can also see Goodwin in charge of a bigger team, he must have a decent scouting system in Ireland as st Mirren have a few Irish on their books, 5 or 6 of them I think

Ya beauty!

Obviously burnt themselves out for a month running ragged against us!

And no Father Clancy to help them out!

Cheer up Broony - you and your wee honking pal Griff are finished.

That's the 2nd time they've lost at St Mirren this season. You'd think their directors and supporters would ask questions of the players commitment. Played like men possessed in the last 2 games against Rangers but then just plod away to defeats thereafter.
On some sort of run like 45 defeats out of 50 games against Celtic. We know they only bust a gut against Rangers but incredible they seem satisfied with this whilst they smaller teams take them for a ride.
They only exist for the games v Rangers

From the outside looking in he seems to be doing a good job and a couple of the younger players look to be developing well. St Mirren fans are permanently raging anyway.

I don’t really get but put money on Edinburgh City to beat them, unfortunately just a bit too low down. They put so much into our game that it loses them points in their others.

Think it's definitely safe to say that a large percentage of Aberdeen fc soley exists to play Rangers. It's beyond petulant and very fitting of Scottish society. Proper loser fc.

Half a dozen players missing, cheating players, corrupt referee and officials, and they could only manage a draw against us. The fact their fans were celebrating that shows you how pathetic they are.

As others have said it’s our fault we dropped against them. At Ibrox we were poor until we got our act together. Up there we allowed ourselves to be bullied by a has-been and we were very naive throughout.
That needs to change. Last night proved to me exactly what they are a nothing team who cheat their own fans as long as they kick fu*k out Rangers the mentalists in their support are happy. An embarrassment to Scottish football. Utter embarrassment. You could have put your mortgage payment on them getting beaten last night.

IMO I don’t think we were allowed to be physical against the sheep Clancy made sure of that rangers players constantly pulled up or booked for more or less anything.

It worries me that we made Aberdeen look competent so far this season and didn’t turn up in the semi against Hibs. Seriously have to get a grip of shite teams like this and press on.
One defeat in 60 in the league and we still get this crap....it the same as lazy journos

Back