About turn on fans at sporting events set to be announced by PM

Javi

remember when Bojo and co blabbered a load of shite about transmission being minimal at outside events such as football matches

Guerilla

Remember when the death rate was important? Yeah well that doesn’t make people cower under their beds any more so here comes the infection rate.

Guerilla

That's only a matter of time.

Can you imagine if the internet was available at the times of Spanish flu, typhoid, dyptheria, small-pox, chicken-pox, measles, mumps, TB, typhoid...And that's just in the last century or so?

This current virus is only as virulent but less dangerous than all of the above and all they meant to most of us was a couple of jags at school and a lump of sugar.
so we are going to get a vaccine for something that we are regularly told is mutating which would then make the vaccine worthless. Almost like there’s an agenda to simply scare people.

DoitdoitdoitnowWATP

I don’t know if referees are tested but they do need their heads looked.

With respect to getting back to Ibrox I was discussing this with some other Bears tonight. Can you imagine a European night with the eejits who only appear for European nights having had three hours in the pub drinking on an empty head, half cut plus a rake of white powder up their nose and their bottle of Bucky down their trousers. The likelihood of them maintaining any sort of social distancing or conducting themselves in any way responsibly is essentially nil. Outcome of the discussion? If it happens we, all RSC senior office holders, will pass, the risk would just be too great.
Still paying for a ticket to support their team although I see your point but each to their own.

BlueLedbetter

Loads of briefing in England today that there will be no more easing of restrictions in fact they are preparing for closing pubs and restaurants again by the sounds of it so cant see crowds back unfortunately

UnionCruiser72

Vaccines take time, up to 5 years normally for full clinical trials.
They are terrified someone will sue them so you have to sign this disclaimer form.
I can see winter being awful, every time anyone sneezes they are in quarantine for two weeks.
I would bet my life’s savings that there will be one getting administered next year easily.

The full world is working towards the same virus every day non stop.

bearshire

Vaccines take time, up to 5 years normally for full clinical trials.
They are terrified someone will sue them so you have to sign this disclaimer form.
I can see winter being awful, every time anyone sneezes they are in quarantine for two weeks.
Yeah every time someone gets a cold it's quarantine for two weeks and a covid test. It's going to be different.

UnionCruiser72

They are. But trial phases still takes time. You can't rush it along.
Remember though that it Usually takes lengthy time as well because the world is still revolving as normal and there isn’t as much resources for scientists.

The world was put on pause virtually and every single country in the world is dedicating time and resources to fix it.

That’s why I think this will be solved quicker than any other normal vaccine that’s been produced due to how the world has reacted.

The Predator

Remember though that it Usually takes lengthy time as well because the world is still revolving as normal and there isn’t as much resources for scientists.

The world was put on pause virtually and every single country in the world is dedicating time and resources to fix it.

That’s why I think this will be solved quicker than any other normal vaccine that’s been produced due to how the world has reacted.
We shall see. I'm not convinced personally.

Tagsbear

Yeah every time someone gets a cold it's quarantine for two weeks and a covid test. It's going to be different.
Not really the case, my sister had to get tested as she was showing similar symptoms, booked it and was seen that day, negative result the following day and back to work within 2 days.

Earl of Leven

Official Ticketer
I doubt we'll see a home game.

Most experts - such as they are - predict fresh burst (and usual flu) this winter. That will mean further (hopefully shorter) lock down.

Earl of Leven

Official Ticketer
I’m not quite sure how you manage to view having us having a lockdown, like virtually every other country in the world, as somehow being a departure from the “blitz spirit of the war”. That’s quite a stretch wouldn’t you say ?

It strikes me as one of those comments, and there are plenty on here, of “everything should just go back to normal because I miss doing x y or z”.

Some people here would probably accept tens of thousands of extra deaths just so they could get into the gym again.
Or it could be realists saying "What if cheap and workable vaccine isn't close? Does this just continue?"

scott_gers

I would bet my life’s savings that there will be one getting administered next year easily.

The full world is working towards the same virus every day non stop.
....and the company that makes it will be instant billionaires.

The question is, will you take it?

scott_gers

Probably not mate I’m in my 20s, think it’s being made mostly for older people and the vulnerable they’ll get it first no doubt.
I would really need to think before I let my wife and son get it, clinical trials take years and this is being fired out the door. Still, the guess is 12-18 months before it exists then as they need to decide who gets it.

Out of interest, who in here, who is normally fit and healthy, tales the annual flu jab?

UnionCruiser72

I would really need to think before I let my wife and son get it, clinical trials take years and this is being fired out the door. Still, the guess is 12-18 months before it exists then as they need to decide who gets it.

Out of interest, who in here, who is normally fit and healthy, tales the annual flu jab?
Never taken one in my life, usually get flu once every Christmas but don’t want to take jab then when am older my immune systems utter pish and can’t handle it hahaha.

numan2mols

I do. Self employed tradesmen so cant afford a week off ill with the flu. £25 well spent imo

numan2mols

Never taken one in my life, usually get flu once every Christmas but don’t want to take jab then when am older my immune systems utter pish and can’t handle it hahaha.
That's how antibiotics work not vaccines. The more u get them the better ur resistance will be

EndOfDays

Idiots are more aware now mate.
I can’t see 21/22 with full houses,if there’s another outbreak are we talking 23/24?
23/24 :))

Have you not seen the Scottish numbers for the last month, it's practically non existent.

NI already had fans back at a game at the weekend. People have lost their mind over this.

change consent