About turn on fans at sporting events set to be announced by PM

I work in the NHS and we were told last week that it might be 18 months before we can return to normal working.

You can go back but you need to sign a 10 page disclaimer.

They clearly think we’re not frightened enough. So they’ve had to come out and stoke the fear again.

will we just all hide in the house till this passes over? :rolleyes:

What do you want to happen ?

We could act like life is normal, sure, but then our Health System would collapse and there would be 10s of thousands of fatalities that otherwise might not have happened.

But maybe you think that’s a price worth paying just so you can do And see the things you did pre-COVID.

You would think this would be true. But in the town next to me their Gala group were trying to organise an event in the park in September as the gala had to be cancelled. The abuse they got was unbelievable, despite the fact they were going to have strict social distancing so they have now cancelled.

I'm with you though I'd go back to normal tomorrow because it's simply not going to be possible to completely eradicate this virus. We need to live with it, but there are so many people who think we can have a world with zero risk.

Sometimes I wonder if we are the same country who defeated the Nazis.

I’m not quite sure how you manage to view having us having a lockdown, like virtually every other country in the world, as somehow being a departure from the “blitz spirit of the war”. That’s quite a stretch wouldn’t you say ?

It strikes me as one of those comments, and there are plenty on here, of “everything should just go back to normal because I miss doing x y or z”.

Some people here would probably accept tens of thousands of extra deaths just so they could get into the gym again.

I’m not quite sure how you manage to view having us having a lockdown, like virtually every other country in the world, as somehow being a departure from the “blitz spirit of the war”. That’s quite a stretch wouldn’t you say ?

It strikes me as one of those comments, and there are plenty on here, of “everything should just go back to normal because I miss doing x y or z”.

Some people here would probably accept tens of thousands of extra deaths just so they could get into the gym again.
A big rise in cases affecting 20-30 years old mentioned tonight on the box. Thats the group who've been quickest to abandon social distancing, prob think they are invincible.

Anyone willingly putting themselves into a crowd situation right now needs their heads examined, whether that be pubs or football grounds.

Football players are rightly being kept tested for covid on a regular basis for their safety and others. Football goes into a crowd, do players feel comfortable retrieving it not knowing who's handled it ? Which makes me wonder too, are ball boys tested, are referrees tested ?
I don’t know if referees are tested but they do need their heads looked.

With respect to getting back to Ibrox I was discussing this with some other Bears tonight. Can you imagine a European night with the eejits who only appear for European nights having had three hours in the pub drinking on an empty head, half cut plus a rake of white powder up their nose and their bottle of Bucky down their trousers. The likelihood of them maintaining any sort of social distancing or conducting themselves in any way responsibly is essentially nil. Outcome of the discussion? If it happens we, all RSC senior office holders, will pass, the risk would just be too great.

A big rise in cases affecting 20-30 years old mentioned tonight on the box. Thats the group who've been quickest to abandon social distancing, prob think they are invincible.

Yes, and in most cases they will be fine. It’s the more vulnerable who they then infect that will be the ones bringing the health service to its knees and filling the morgues.

We are all keen to go back to football etc. But it’s crystal clear that it’s too soon. Those saying that the virus will continue to be a menace for years and we just need to start getting on with it again....you don’t really know that do you ? That is pure speculation at this point.

I think the government should nip all this agitation and speculation in the bud now and say no crowds in 2020. That can always be revised if the outlook gets brighter in the coming weeks and months.

There will have to be a lot of planning for this. No away fans for starters, and what would happen if there was an emergency in the stadium. Social distancing would be out the window with everyone diving for the exit.

It’s nothing to do with missing x and y. It’s like the government has just discovered people die from a disease. Don’t meet others in your house or gardens but feel free to go to the pub or restaurant mask free. As a sane normal person how does that sound?

Suddenly being told to wear a muzzle three weeks ago has clearly had no effect on cases. Cases being the key word here not deaths.

Career politicians doing what they do best not one of them a leader.

People die it’s not a new thing. 165k last year just from cancer in the UK.

I don’t want thousands back in the stand ASAP for me there is just something not right with all this.

This is in no way to argue with you. Everyone is entitled too there opinion

Herd immunity, it should have happened from day 1. Sorry, but it's true.
Except that there's now evidence to suggest the antibody response we generate to Covid-19 is quite short lived. So herd immunity won't really be reached.
And Sweden's herd immunity strategy wasn't exactly a massive success.

Anyone willingly putting themselves into a crowd situation right now needs their heads examined, whether that be pubs or football grounds.

Football players are rightly being kept tested for covid on a regular basis for their safety and others. Football goes into a crowd, do players feel comfortable retrieving it not knowing who's handled it ? Which makes me wonder too, are ball boys tested, are referrees tested ?
I’ll be worrying about this today when enjoying the game in the Louden with my mates :))

Not a fan of her by any means, but I’m not sure that’s a valid thing to criticise on o_O

I'm not criticising her (can't believe I've said that). I mean that she won't do the opposite of the PM on this matter where as everything else shes doing to divide England and here.

Nippy is a lot more cautious than Bojo.

She will keep the games behind closed doors as long as she can. Don’t see us getting in the stands this year.

Oh behave. It's a bug that does little or no harm to most reasonably healthy people..

Huge percentage of the deaths are obese or really old.

We need to face up to this and get on with it.

I'd no issue with the lockdown. What I do have an issue with is basically manipulating people by making them scared when there is no reason to be. The number of cases we have now is miniscule, and the risk to healthy people is miniscule. But as a country we now seem paralysed with fear. It's going to do more harm to people than the virus itself.

The contradictions are incredible too and without logic. It's time to get back to normal quicker and stop cow-towing to Sturgeon like she is Kim Jong Un.

Oh behave. It's a bug that does little or no harm to most reasonably healthy people..

Huge percentage of the deaths are obese or really old.

We need to face up to this and get on with it.

That may be but you also have to factor in how all these fit and healthy people getting infected would affect the economy, businesses and emergency services. Imagine the fire brigade with a third of it’s staff off sick or in isolation. Freight deliveries reduced etc. Most of the people going to large sporting events will have jobs. So them in isolation for 10 days and everyone they had close contact with in quarantine for two weeks. You could have whole offices closed because one guy caught it at the football.

I'd no issue with the lockdown. What I do have an issue with is basically manipulating people by making them scared when there is no reason to be. The number of cases we have now is miniscule, and the risk to healthy people is miniscule. But as a country we now seem paralysed with fear. It's going to do more harm to people than the virus itself.

The contradictions are incredible too and without logic. It's time to get back to normal quicker and stop cow-towing to Sturgeon like she is Kim Jong Un.

I can't comment on Sturgeon as I live south of the border, but I'm not sure what measures you have that are more oppressive than we have down here.

I don't see how people are being manipulated. The number of cases isn't "miniscule" here in the north of England, but if it is elsewhere, then it's because we have had a lockdown. The more liberties take, the more cases there will be. I think it's as simple as that an not some sort of Dystopian nightmare of oppressive government measures as some on here seem to believe.

I'm certainly no fan of the "wee cow" but I'm all for not risking more deaths

But does the subsequent fallout further down the line from a wrecked economy cause more deaths? That's definitely a consideration. It's not a case of a right or wrong solution, it's the least worst option. For the majority who won't be affected to any serious extent with the virus, I think it's silly to allow us not to continue as normal and take the few days of illness it will bring. For people shielding, continue to do so

remember when Bojo and co blabbered a load of shite about transmission being minimal at outside events such as football matches

Remember when the death rate was important? Yeah well that doesn’t make people cower under their beds any more so here comes the infection rate.

That's only a matter of time.

Can you imagine if the internet was available at the times of Spanish flu, typhoid, dyptheria, small-pox, chicken-pox, measles, mumps, TB, typhoid...And that's just in the last century or so?

This current virus is only as virulent but less dangerous than all of the above and all they meant to most of us was a couple of jags at school and a lump of sugar.

so we are going to get a vaccine for something that we are regularly told is mutating which would then make the vaccine worthless. Almost like there’s an agenda to simply scare people.

I don’t know if referees are tested but they do need their heads looked.

With respect to getting back to Ibrox I was discussing this with some other Bears tonight. Can you imagine a European night with the eejits who only appear for European nights having had three hours in the pub drinking on an empty head, half cut plus a rake of white powder up their nose and their bottle of Bucky down their trousers. The likelihood of them maintaining any sort of social distancing or conducting themselves in any way responsibly is essentially nil. Outcome of the discussion? If it happens we, all RSC senior office holders, will pass, the risk would just be too great.
Still paying for a ticket to support their team although I see your point but each to their own.

Loads of briefing in England today that there will be no more easing of restrictions in fact they are preparing for closing pubs and restaurants again by the sounds of it so cant see crowds back unfortunately

Vaccines take time, up to 5 years normally for full clinical trials.
They are terrified someone will sue them so you have to sign this disclaimer form.
I can see winter being awful, every time anyone sneezes they are in quarantine for two weeks.

I would bet my life’s savings that there will be one getting administered next year easily.

The full world is working towards the same virus every day non stop.

Vaccines take time, up to 5 years normally for full clinical trials.
They are terrified someone will sue them so you have to sign this disclaimer form.
I can see winter being awful, every time anyone sneezes they are in quarantine for two weeks.

Yeah every time someone gets a cold it's quarantine for two weeks and a covid test. It's going to be different.

They are. But trial phases still takes time. You can't rush it along.

Remember though that it Usually takes lengthy time as well because the world is still revolving as normal and there isn’t as much resources for scientists.

The world was put on pause virtually and every single country in the world is dedicating time and resources to fix it.

That’s why I think this will be solved quicker than any other normal vaccine that’s been produced due to how the world has reacted.

Remember though that it Usually takes lengthy time as well because the world is still revolving as normal and there isn’t as much resources for scientists.

The world was put on pause virtually and every single country in the world is dedicating time and resources to fix it.

That’s why I think this will be solved quicker than any other normal vaccine that’s been produced due to how the world has reacted.

We shall see. I'm not convinced personally.

Yeah every time someone gets a cold it's quarantine for two weeks and a covid test. It's going to be different.

Not really the case, my sister had to get tested as she was showing similar symptoms, booked it and was seen that day, negative result the following day and back to work within 2 days.

Back