About turn on fans at sporting events set to be announced by PM

I doubt we'll see a home game.

Most experts - such as they are - predict fresh burst (and usual flu) this winter. That will mean further (hopefully shorter) lock down.

I’m not quite sure how you manage to view having us having a lockdown, like virtually every other country in the world, as somehow being a departure from the “blitz spirit of the war”. That’s quite a stretch wouldn’t you say ?

It strikes me as one of those comments, and there are plenty on here, of “everything should just go back to normal because I miss doing x y or z”.

Some people here would probably accept tens of thousands of extra deaths just so they could get into the gym again.
Or it could be realists saying "What if cheap and workable vaccine isn't close? Does this just continue?"

I’ve heard some crazy things on here, but I think that might be the worst.
I know man bonkers. The thought a party would encourage anarchy to crash an economy and unseat a President? Well it would be beyond evil.

I would bet my life’s savings that there will be one getting administered next year easily.

The full world is working towards the same virus every day non stop.

....and the company that makes it will be instant billionaires.

The question is, will you take it?

Probably not mate I’m in my 20s, think it’s being made mostly for older people and the vulnerable they’ll get it first no doubt.

I would really need to think before I let my wife and son get it, clinical trials take years and this is being fired out the door. Still, the guess is 12-18 months before it exists then as they need to decide who gets it.

Out of interest, who in here, who is normally fit and healthy, tales the annual flu jab?

I would really need to think before I let my wife and son get it, clinical trials take years and this is being fired out the door. Still, the guess is 12-18 months before it exists then as they need to decide who gets it.

Out of interest, who in here, who is normally fit and healthy, tales the annual flu jab?

Never taken one in my life, usually get flu once every Christmas but don’t want to take jab then when am older my immune systems utter pish and can’t handle it hahaha.

I do. Self employed tradesmen so cant afford a week off ill with the flu. £25 well spent imo

Never taken one in my life, usually get flu once every Christmas but don’t want to take jab then when am older my immune systems utter pish and can’t handle it hahaha.
That's how antibiotics work not vaccines. The more u get them the better ur resistance will be

Idiots are more aware now mate.
I can’t see 21/22 with full houses,if there’s another outbreak are we talking 23/24?

23/24 :))

Have you not seen the Scottish numbers for the last month, it's practically non existent.

NI already had fans back at a game at the weekend. People have lost their mind over this.

23/24 :))

Have you not seen the Scottish numbers for the last month, it's practically non existent.

NI already had fans back at a game at the weekend. People have lost their mind over this.

Tell that to the Familes who've lost people mate.

all the scum bag murderers, rapists , violent criminals should be infected with the virus and then made to be human ginea pigs for the vaccine tests - no questions asked !

Along with the Work Shy Benefit Scroungers. Not people who are unfortunately physically disabled and can't work.

You know the type. The Fat Lazy b@stards who can hang around the Bookies all day or the ones who get pregnant and have kids to get housing and Benefits.

Nothing surer when there's a Vaccine all these fckers will be first to get it whilst the working man and woman are last.

There's no way you get flu every year, mate.

In fact you'd be desperately unlucky to catch it twice in your lifetime.

Wait to you see the meltdown when there are no fans at the old firm game in October. I just can't see it at all. Sturgeon is moving at such a slow pace.

There's no way you get flu every year, mate.

In fact you'd be desperately unlucky to catch it twice in your lifetime.

I’ve had it 3 times in 4 years on the trot.

Missed the old firm and everything with it.

Maybe not the flu for every one of them but the symptoms were near enough the same as the flu and lasted a good week each time for me.

And what happens if we never get said vaccine, do we just play football bcd forever more ?

Presumably they will be able to make some advances even if there isn't a vaccine.

If they are able to work our why some people are asymptomatic while others end up in intensive care then that would be a good start. If it turned out that 60/70% are asymptomatic and they can be identified then there could be some sense of normality for the majority and steps put in place for the rest.

Problem is that people are too selfish. If you can't get people to take precautions when everybody might be at risk then what hope do you have if the majority found out that they weren't.

I’ve had it 3 times in 4 years on the trot.

Missed the old firm and everything with it.

Maybe not the flu for every one of them but the symptoms were near enough the same as the flu and lasted a good week each time for me.
We are all different...
I've never had the flu or been floored with a cold in my 49 years. Had the odd wee sore throat/cough but nothing thats ever seen me take a sick day from work.

I'd no issue with the lockdown. What I do have an issue with is basically manipulating people by making them scared when there is no reason to be. The number of cases we have now is miniscule, and the risk to healthy people is miniscule. But as a country we now seem paralysed with fear. It's going to do more harm to people than the virus itself.

The contradictions are incredible too and without logic. It's time to get back to normal quicker and stop cow-towing to Sturgeon like she is Kim Jong Un.

Problem is that the number of people infected by those 'miniscule' numbers don't take very long to increase exponentially if everybody infects another two or three people. The measures taken so far have managed to limit the number of people infected by those who have it, that's why the numbers are so small.

52 people caught it from one person at a choir practice in Washington, almost 100 from somebody who went to some nightclubs in South Korea, 25 from a Nike event in Edinburgh. It wouldn't take long to get out of control if we all just returned to normal because those infection rates would increase.

Nobody wants to get sick or wants anyone else to get sick, but It's likely had diseases like Covid have been with us since the dawn of humanity, and just didn't have a name for them. Nor did we have the media or number of medical researchers to convince us of how dangerous they were. Horrible as it is to say maybe they were/are natures way of regulating a balance.

The longer these restrictions go on the more likely it is to really be the new reality. In fast reaching a point where i'm starting to think people are either being manipulated or have become so scared of truly living they'd prefer living a cyber-existence.

Alot of vaccine trials are entering final stages. The whole world is now working on this. I truly believe by 2021 their will be a vaccine that the risk groups will be able to get. I’m still hopeful we may be back in stadiums after Christmas. The closed doors may honestly be a blessing in disguise for us without all of us getting on the players backs after 20 minutes. I am guilty of it I’m sure we all are at times. Nothing will beat being back at the football though. Hopefully after Christmas everything will be relatively normal I doubt theirs going to be this second wave. It’s just one big wave. The rise in cases due to an increase in testing isn’t too much to worry about for now. Across the world theirs a lot of cases popping up while deaths remain relatively low. When we played Leverkusen at home their was probably over a hundred people in the ground who had the virus but we just didn’t know since nobody was getting tested then or what was going to come just a short time later.

Looks like bulgarian governement accepted clubs plea to allow people on stadiums for next season. 1k people per sector with 1.5 meters distancing. They have some 12 k covid cases.

Wait to you see the meltdown when there are no fans at the old firm game in October. I just can't see it at all. Sturgeon is moving at such a slow pace.
With talk of possible closure of pubs and restaurants, allowing fans back into games seems a very long way off.

With talk of possible closure of pubs and restaurants, allowing fans back into games seems a very long way off.
It does now yes.
Even a month ago my thinking was totally different, with the cases coming down everywhere etc, I thought we would all be back by October at the latest.

But now we are seeing everywhere in the developed world starting to have rises in cases again as they open up. And guys like Whitty saying we are now right on the limit of what we can open again with cases starting to get back out of control.

It really does make me think we need a vaccine before we get regular full crowds at sporting events and concerts again. And that’s a bit of a depressing thought it has to be said.

lots of cases yet no increase in deaths. We’ve been wearing masks for three weeks now so why are cases increasing if masks are all of a sudden a silver bullet?

A struggle to find antibodies as people aren’t infected enough apparently.

more testing means there will naturally be more cases. Yet it’s being used as a scare tactic.

The trouble and pain being stored up to save a few is beyond comprehension and needs reigned in quite frankly. Starting with getting the daily Nikela show binned.

Surely there is a point in which we need to just get on with things and get back to normal. Older people in vulnerable groups can be advised to shield but you cant indefinitely screw the economy over for a handful of deaths a week

Back