Absolutely devastated

Sadly our ‘big’ players froze last night. Tav, Goldson, Kent.
Others like Borna, Kamara, Wright offered little.
Our manager froze too. He seemed to revert back to the SPL Gio of Jan-Mar this year and not the Europa League Gio.

Absolutely gutted.

It really puts a league loss into perspective that. A massive chance to win European silverware lost by a really sloppy goal.

Wright's totally ineffective in his effort to stop the cross, Goldson froze, Bassey made his 1 mistake in the game and mcgregor should prob react quicker. We've lost countless goals like that all season with goldson involved everytime.

It's a sore one to take given the year we've had but the club need to learn from it and redirect our focus to getting into the CL and winning the league back but firstly we need to win the Scottish cup and that'll take one last push from this group. The fans will get over this fairly quickly but only If we end the year with a win in hampden

Given the way the game went, it was surprising we managed to take it to penalties. Tactically, Frankfurt got it spot on: gave us plenty of worthless possession, stayed in a rigid defensive shape and broke with pace when our passing let us down. Had I been one of their fans I would have been hitting my head off the wall with their profligacy at exploiting threatening positions. We had periods where we did OK but we never really countered what they were doing.

How did they freeze ahaha.

You hyped yourself up so much. It was clear from your posts.

But freeze.

Ffs. Pipe down lad

Sorry what?

Hyped up, aye just a little with a real chance to win a European trophy for this first time in my lifetime

Pardon me for that

Sorry what?

Hyped up, aye just a little with a real chance to win a European trophy for this first time in my lifetime

Pardon me for that

So you didn’t allow yourself, in your hype, to consider the possibility of coming up short.

We took it to penalties. To say “froze” is outrageous - but I expect you approach supporting Rangers with a divine right mentality

So you didn’t allow yourself, in your hype, to consider the possibility of coming up short.

We took it to penalties. To say “froze” is outrageous - but I expect you approach supporting Rangers with a divine right mentality

No, the thought of getting beat never crossed my mind ever……

“A devine right” wow :D

I’ll let it go as you’re obviously still pished

Safe journey home

Last thing I thought off when I went to bed was the Trapp save in ET. First thing I thought of when I woke up was the Trapp save in ET.

We were so f88king close.

Those subs were absolutely mental last night IMO.
Gio has always made subs that seemed weird at the time. Sometimes it pays off sometimes it doesn't. I didn't agree with his suns either tbh,but of Kent scores we would be talking about how he's a tactical genius. I know that's if ands buts and maybes but it's true. It was more about the players today rather than tactics imo

I don't think we froze at all. We were playing a very good side and it's difficult to play your best football in a showpiece final in tough conditions. Could we have played better football? Absolutely.

We acquitted ourselves well and it came down to a penalty shootout. Football is cruel.

I am absolutely gutted and really did think we would win it but it wasnt to be, the heart break will heal over time.

But this side have let us down more times than not in the last 4 seasons but what they have done in Europe is remarkable and they can hold their heads up high.

I don't think we froze at all. We were playing a very good side and it's difficult to play your best football in a showpiece final in tough conditions. Could we have played better football? Absolutely.

We acquitted ourselves well and it came down to a penalty shootout. Football is cruel.
Agreed, didn't play to our best but didn't freeze. Up against a team who have always been the underdog similar to ourselves. Was always going to be a cagey game. Came down to pens, if we won, what is almost a lottery, no one would be questioning their mentality.

Spot on mate. Fine margins. If we won on penalties, everyone would be praising the same players and manager.

I feel this loss in 100x worse than Manchester
Think it hurts so much more because we have bettered each of our opponents by playing exciting football. We really deserved to be there.

I think in 2008 we rode our luck and frustrated our opponents over 2 legs nicking a goal.

This was totally different and that’s before you even factor in where we were 10 years ago etc.

Absolutely gutted today

Nails it
We lost on penalties. We weren’t Brazil but also weren’t Cowdenbeath
It hurts but let’s have a bit of perspective
It's the same every game we play even in the league, we drew with Dundee United after pummeling them and Its a disaster, one goes in and it's about that's the games that win titles. I'm guilty of it myself so not judging anyone that is raging

I’m the same, I really believed we would win it last night. This is way more hurtful than Manchester as i didn’t have the same level of expectation. It’s all I can think about right now.

It’s going to take a long long time to get over this.

So unbelievably proud of that team but I felt that they froze in the headlights last night which was always a concern
if Alfie was fit we would have won it
the team done well with the players we had available
Calvin Bassey was brilliant
a great journey but we go again on Saturday.

Doesn’t get any more difficult than watching your team lose a european final by one missed penalty.

The fans need to get behind the team for Saturday now they are going to be needed

Wrong end of fine fine margins.

How anyone can still criticise Gio beyond me. He’s got a team running on fumes to a European final where he’s having start with no recognised striker.

I thought he got the subs correct last night, particular Davis, gave us a lot more control.

Was Sakala injured? Wasn’t clear in the ground if the that was the case.

Felt a bit let down with Kent and Tav, especially first half.

Strange strange atmosphere in the Rangers end last night - nerves, the heat and lack of being able to access any food or water (other than the toilet sinks) def contributed to a below par fan performance.

How did they freeze ahaha.

You hyped yourself up so much. It was clear from your posts.

But freeze.

Ffs. Pipe down lad
No one froze.
However, it was a nervy tense affair from both sides.
Much like other big finals, it is often the case.
Overall last night was one of the better ones.
Rangers played well considering, and matched a side who hadn't lost a game in Europe all season.
As the game wore on, we looked like the more likely side to win it.
Had that match lasted another 5 minutes I believe we would have won it, both sides were tired but they were fading much faster than us.

Wrong end of fine fine margins.

How anyone can still criticise Gio beyond me. He’s got a team running on fumes to a European final where he’s having start with no recognised striker.

I thought he got the subs correct last night, particular Davis, gave us a lot more control.

Was Sakala injured? Wasn’t clear in the ground if the that was the case.

Felt a bit let down with Kent and Tav, especially first half.

Strange strange atmosphere in the Rangers end last night - nerves, the heat and lack of being able to access any food or water (other than the toilet sinks) def contributed to a below par fan performance.
Maybe Roofe on 10 minutes earlier.
That is about it.

Im so proud of what this team has acheived in Europe this season against all odds , but like Yogi devastated , just hope Gio and the players can rise to the occasion on saturday

Concerned about Saturday now to be honest

That’s a kick in the nuts which is hard to recover from

Part of me thinks I couldn’t give a hoot about Saturday but in reality the best way back is to start winning again and as soon as possible.

Lets hope the team, manager and support can pick themselves up and show the detractors what they are about.

Yip. I cannot feel pride just now in the team for getting there. I just keep replaying their goal and wonder why Goldson just lets it go, that Kent chance (why didn't he start his run earlier), Ramseys penalty.

I keep thinking how poorly we played. I keep thinking why the %^*& did we sign Ramsey and play him in the last 3 games to give him 5 mins in a final in extra time. Why was Roofe not on sooner? Why was Goldson lobbing long balls all night to no one.

I am concerned about how the players are going to pick themselves up for Saturday because to be honest I don't think I can pick myself up for Saturday.

The biggest feat in Scottish football's history. On a coin toss. And it's come up fucking short. Some ride. What can you do... Incredibly brutal stuff.

Difficult to feel much for Saturday now, but I'm sure will change nearer kick off.

I keep replaying their goal in my head wondering why the fvck did Goldson not boot it and their goalie stopping Kents effort with his leg, fine margins between being high as a kite and the way i am feeling right now.
Fine margins indeed but I imagine both will have sleepless nights over those incidents for years.

I’m going to eat breakfast then back to bed for the day.

Back