Absolutely outraged at this behaviour at a primary school

I remember in the seventies, being six years old walking to school and every morning having to walk past the bus stop where the catholic kids would wait to get picked up by their bus to be taken to the local bigot factory. Every morning I'd be kicked, punched and spat on but, hey, it's the big bad prods who are sectarian.
80’s for me.

Bus to high school was full of guys who hated anyone who wasn’t one of them…spat on, attacked etc.

Ended up leathering a few of them years later…but that probably makes me as bad as them tbh.

Where do they learn to hate so much?

Parents must have utter scum

Get off social media and learn your son to defend himself. Jeessuuss fkn wept.
No offence to the OP but do find it strange that people’s reactions to something like this is to post stuff on here / FB etc.
Tell the wee boy to stand up for himself, or if it’s not that easy go to the school and sort it out, but can no one do anything themself without telling the world about it.

My 6 year old son was attacked today at school by one of the kids in his class because he said he supported Rangers. One of the Tim kids punched him several times in his face and neck. (I might add that there’s an RC primary less than 100 yards away but there somehow are 5 Tims in his class,) While I am very much anti Celtic I have told him repeatedly if other kids in your class support other teams that’s absolutely fine. I am absolutely fucking raging. We are contacting the Head Teacher tomorrow to say if she doesn’t do something about it we’re going to the Education Department at Glasgow City Council and kicking up absolute %^*&.
Sadly the education department don't give 2 monkeys. What in fact happens is the wee bullies and up getting extra 1 on 1 support taking away from the resources available to the rest of the children.

I'm afraid you need to send him his best mate Stanley to set about the wee fuckers

OP, go into the school tomorrow and demand action.

Even if it means going bare chested, tie round your head and challenge not only the HT to a square go but tell them to phone the child’s dad down too and do him as well.

Once both have been dealt with blast I’m Feeling It at full volume and walk away feeling like Rocky.

There's non demoniational schools that anyone can go to and there's Catholic bigot factories where the brainwashing tends to happen.

Education would be fully integrated if it wasn't for the Catholic Church.
Incredible this still happens in the modern age of inclusion and diversity
Scotland is still carrying out a form of apartheid in education:oops:

Plus I think that it something like 20% of pupils in Catholic school aren't Catholic ,they are taking anyone so they can stay open .

There's non demoniational schools that anyone can go to and there's Catholic bigot factories where the brainwashing tends to happen.

Education would be fully integrated if it wasn't for the Catholic Church.
It wasn't a Catholic school mentioned in the OP though?

Agree the thread is a bits Mumsnet like as not much folk on here can do about it without knowing all the facts but hope the headteacher sorts it out.

Make sure you put your complaint in writing to the Head Teacher. This way there is a paper trail and the Care Inspectorate will pick up on it.
A verbal complaint will just be swept under the carpet.
I came on to post this advice but you beat me to it
This is a must if it’s not in writing it will be smoothed over
get it in writing and it must be reported and actioned.

I was brought up in the Calton in Glasgow in the 50's and 60's. Some of my classmates were supporters of that other mob but in all of the years I attended primary school I never knew anybody to lay a finger on a schoolmate because of the team they supported. My secondary school was John Street in Bridgeton which was full of Bears, but nobody ever fought about football with any of the guys who supported that mob - and there were a few. The situation that the op described has to be brought to the attention of the school's headcteacher and they then need to raise it with the parents of the children concerned.

80’s for me.

Bus to high school was full of guys who hated anyone who wasn’t one of them…spat on, attacked etc.

Ended up leathering a few of them years later…but that probably makes me as bad as them tbh.

Where do they learn to hate so much?

Parents must have utter scum
Bigotry begins in the home for that species. Then they start school and it's ramped right up.

My 6 year old son was attacked today at school by one of the kids in his class because he said he supported Rangers. One of the Tim kids punched him several times in his face and neck. (I might add that there’s an RC primary less than 100 yards away but there somehow are 5 Tims in his class,) While I am very much anti Celtic I have told him repeatedly if other kids in your class support other teams that’s absolutely fine. I am absolutely fucking raging. We are contacting the Head Teacher tomorrow to say if she doesn’t do something about it we’re going to the Education Department at Glasgow City Council and kicking up absolute %^*&.
You are going the right way about it.I can understand you're anger but try and stay calm when speaking to the Head Teacher and anyone else regarding this incident.Dont mention anything about the "tim" kid and other schools.If you can present a calm but angry account of the assault and pin them down on what they are going to do about it.Take pictures of any bruises the wee man might have,this could be useful further down the line.If they call in the other boys parents let them do the ranting and raving.
I hope you're wee guy is OK.

No offence to the OP but do find it strange that people’s reactions to something like this is to post stuff on here / FB etc.
Tell the wee boy to stand up for himself, or if it’s not that easy go to the school and sort it out, but can no one do anything themself without telling the world about it.
A 6 year old kid is attacked over his team and that’s your first thought?
If this was the other way about it would be in the msm ffs.

He's asking for advice. Maybe it's the first time he's encountered this, I personally wouldn't need advice from anyone but everyone is different.

This is nothing new. When I was at primary we learned the words to catholic dogs eat the frogs, whilst they would sing the same back about proddy dogs. Then start throwing stones at each other from each others playground.

These things happen at school. I got the best black eye ever whilst in high school. I've got to admit, it was a cracking punch which swelled up on immediate impact.

To accuse him of being sectarian is a bit much, he'll never have heard the word, never mind know what it means.

A 6 year old kid is attacked over his team and that’s your first thought?
If this was the other way about it would be in the msm ffs.
A bit over dramatic….’attacked over his team’. Shame what happened to the wee boy and not saying it’s not a big thing for his dad, but ffs, were there never any fights between wee kids when you were that age?

Can people not deal with things themselves? Between this and poor wee chrissie the cat shuffling off this mortal coil (and I like animals and not downplaying how sad that is for the guy), people need to deal with things rather than telling the fvkn world about it.

Get the horrible wee cunts dad by the throat and explain this is NOT happening again.

Must be hard not to want to go down and slap the wee prick yourself.

My son likely has ADHD. He has enough to deal with without having to add more stigma by getting blamed for fighting.

My son likely has ADHD. He has enough to deal with without having to add more stigma by getting blamed for fighting.
You calm down first. Think about it rationally and do what you feels the right way to deal with it.

I've no idea about your circumstances, that's why I wouldn't tell you what you should or shouldn't do. Just clear your head first, that's all i will suggest to you.

He can defend himself. But he wasn’t expecting it and he was ganged up on by a couple of them although only one supposedly lifted his hands.
Don't be feeling that you have to answer to keyboard warriors on here mate.

Do what you said you were going to do in your OP, best way to deal with it. Hope your son gets over it quickly.

Ok, as I said not in any way downplaying it for you. If it was my kid I’d be raging.
However, I think you need to decide for yourself what you need to do. Surely that’s better than asking people on here what to do. I’m sure you’re more than capable of sorting it out yourself, so believe in yourself and do what you think is right. He’s your boy.
As for the bigoted bullying…it’s wee 6 year olds fighting.

Ok, as I said not in any way downplaying it for you. If it was my kid I’d be raging.
However, I think you need to decide for yourself what you need to do. Surely that’s better than asking people on here what to do. I’m sure you’re more than capable of sorting it out yourself, so believe in yourself and do what you think is right. He’s your boy.
As for the bigoted bullying…it’s wee 6 year olds fighting.
I’m not asking anybody mate. I’m just sharing or offloading. So angry. Particularly in the week after a great week for the club and him (he played on the pitch at Ibrox and we had the two finals), and in particular it’s taken a long while to get him properly supporting the club, largely because of this group of 4 or 5 wee Tims in his class, and now this happens.

Go to his door and leather the boys dad

What school is this mate?

Sorry to read that OP. Your response has to be twofold, firstly go to the school and document everything and then prepare your kid for the next time it happens. Either way, he will need to learn to defend himself, and it’s easier to be taught at his age. It sounds daft to be talking like this about a kid his age, but he can’t give the little f*ckers an inch. Anytime they try and bully or take the piss he has to make them regret it, or at least make them think twice. Good luck mate.

Back