Absolutely outraged at this behaviour at a primary school

It's how they are raised. Even from a young age they are taught to hate the other side rather than be proud of your own.

Ok, as I said not in any way downplaying it for you. If it was my kid I’d be raging.
However, I think you need to decide for yourself what you need to do. Surely that’s better than asking people on here what to do. I’m sure you’re more than capable of sorting it out yourself, so believe in yourself and do what you think is right. He’s your boy.
As for the bigoted bullying…it’s wee 6 year olds fighting.
maybe he was sharing whats happened and asking for advice as someone else maybe would have dealt with a similar situation.

Does not help o suppose I'd encourage your boy to smack him over the head with a chair and Tell him he was being bullied and you won't accept your school allowing bully on his school also make sure your boy knows he won't get into trouble

He can defend himself. But he wasn’t expecting it and he was ganged up on by a couple of them although only one supposedly lifted his hands.
As a father myself i am sure your going through a range of emotions going from absolute anger to being a bit more calm as you will not want to inflame the situation anymore . My son was bullied first year of Secondary my advice was to go in and before the bully could say a word back stab the wee chunt my boy was a bit worried what the school would say but i told him %^*& the school long story short he rag dolled the boy and had know more trouble .and my boy couldnt fight sleep .

You're doing the right thing and talking directly to the head teacher. My advice is following the meeting, send him an email which describes what you discussed and any actions which were agreed. That way you have written evidence of the conversation and you have recorded what they school said they'd do about it. That way, and I hope you don't need this, you have an evidence trail in case this becomes an ongoing issue and you can report that to ofstead, the school governors and child safeguarding.
It's always best to have stuff written down in case you need it in the back pocket.
Good luck to you mate and I hope your boy is OK.

Hope the wee guys ok OP

On a lighter note

Wonder if this 6year old could be the child of the raging celtic maw
Would explain explain absolutely everything

I remember in the seventies, being six years old walking to school and every morning having to walk past the bus stop where the catholic kids would wait to get picked up by their bus to be taken to the local bigot factory. Every morning I'd be kicked, punched and spat on but, hey, it's the big bad prods who are sectarian.

I have similar memories from the sixties and yet we are labelled as the bigots.

I’m really sorry you’ve had to experience this, but would it not be better to try & arrange a meeting with the parents & make them aware of this?

Folk who say “batter them” are not really giving good advice because we all know that just won’t work in 2022 & it’s easy to judge the parents for who they support but as someone who comes from a mixed family, if either had found out I had done that as a child, I would’ve been slaughtered for it. They might do the same.

Unfortunately, if people wanted to really help, they would try & calm you down but on a forum like this, it’s more of a green light for folk to give “worst case scenarios” as it’s easier to impose their own agendas.

These people (teachers, etc.) are most likely involved in education because they care about kids like yours. I get that the system fails sometimes, it doesn’t mean it fails all the time.

My 6 year old son was attacked today at school by one of the kids in his class because he said he supported Rangers. One of the Tim kids punched him several times in his face and neck. (I might add that there’s an RC primary less than 100 yards away but there somehow are 5 Tims in his class,) While I am very much anti Celtic I have told him repeatedly if other kids in your class support other teams that’s absolutely fine. I am absolutely fucking raging. We are contacting the Head Teacher tomorrow to say if she doesn’t do something about it we’re going to the Education Department at Glasgow City Council and kicking up absolute %^*&.
Shocking to hear about your poor wee man.
I’m serious about this, the authorities will do nothing. The people who run the education department and GCC are Tims.
You would be much better going straight to the Scottish daily Express as they seem to be taking anti-British/Rangers stories seriously where no other media would touch it.

My 6 year old son was attacked today at school by one of the kids in his class because he said he supported Rangers. One of the Tim kids punched him several times in his face and neck. (I might add that there’s an RC primary less than 100 yards away but there somehow are 5 Tims in his class,) While I am very much anti Celtic I have told him repeatedly if other kids in your class support other teams that’s absolutely fine. I am absolutely fucking raging. We are contacting the Head Teacher tomorrow to say if she doesn’t do something about it we’re going to the Education Department at Glasgow City Council and kicking up absolute %^*&.
Shocking to here his information. I think contacting the director of education as a last resort , is the correct way forward. The head teacher needs to request a meeting with the bully’s parents or guardians immediately.
The school must reassure that your sons welfare is principal in all their decisions going forward .
You have every right to feel so aggrieved , and report this matter to the education committee, if the school response doesn’t meet your expectations.
The term “ all behaviour is communication” is a contemporary statement amongst educators today. It is often misinterpreted by the educational institutions, to mean that anti - social behaviour is always explainable , due to societal poverty and injustice.
These schools would be failing your child and the perpetrator if this isn’t acknowledged for what it is. An act of violence , motivated by cultural prejudice .

Schools have an express duty to protect the statutory and common law duties of care in relation to the health , safety and welfare of children at all times.

Best of luck mate. , if the civilised approach doesn’t work, be prepared to report the school to Her Majesty’s Inspectorate for education. I would be tempted to go nuclear too. The reward doesn’t justify the risk. There will be many different battles to be won for our children .
Such as ousting the cesspit government from office that indoctrinates a no exclusion policy stipulation amongst COSLA to receive their budget allocations.
WATP

Kids of that age have been fighting and hitting each other at schools since time immemorial

It's really worrying the wee guy was attacked because he said he likes Rangers ,because the other 6'year-old shouldn't be that triggered about someone's football team ,probably deeper issues here .

Fed and raised on hate, there is no other explanation.

Kids don't learn this shit from anywhere there than family.

Scumbags.

Fed and raised on hate, there is no other explanation.

Kids don't learn this shit from anywhere there than family.

Scumbags.
That’s not entirely true, kids are impressionable & can either learn from other kids or feel a need to show off.

There are many possible explanations to this & folk need to stop hitting out with worst case scenarios.

Demand to know what exactly will be done to the other kid, and don’t let them fob you off.

Continue to harrass them until they give you an answer that you are satisfied by.

You could also keep your kid off school until the school solve the problem and punish the kid appropriately.

That’s not entirely true, kids are impressionable & can either learn from other kids or feel a need to show off.

There are many possible explanations to this & folk need to stop hitting out with worst case scenarios.

Yes they are impressionable.
But I don't believe for one second that Kids can have violent tendencies over such trivial matters, because at the age of 6 there is only a difference in colour between teams and who wins or loses.
There is no ingrained hatred, without it being hammered into their little heads over and over to the point it becomes a thought process.

A 6 year old has no concept of being different and of attacking something or someone for being different that they havent learned from a parent. A 6 year old has no concept of Rangers and Celtic hating each other and being a fierce rivalry. Not one that they've developed themselves. The only way a 6 year old even thinks about punching another 6 year old because of a football team is if its learned behaviour. That kid has learned from his parents that he's supposed to hate Rangers fans and that it's absolutely fine to punch them.

Kids lash out but not for that reason. Lash out at a parent who tells them "no" or who chastises them for a bad behaviour incident? Sure. It happens. Kids lash out at their parents when they throw temper tantrums. But a 6 year old attacking another 6 year old because he supports a different football team?

Parents are already well on the way to fucking that poor kid up. No 6 year old hates another 6 year old because of football unless thats how their parents are raising them. Which is why we'll continue to see this fucking horrible, poisonous disease infest Scotland.

Sorry to hear it mate. I have kids that age and I would be exactly the same in your shoes. His dad has a lot to answer for.

Yes they are impressionable.
But I don't believe for one second that Kids can have violent tendencies over such trivial matters, because at the age of 6 there is only a difference in colour between teams and who wins or loses.
There is no ingrained hatred, without it being hammered into their little heads over and over to the point it becomes a thought process.
No but there is from a very young age an insecurity many kids feel of being the bully or the bullied & will find any reason to isolate folk & protect themselves. That can in-turn lead to them overcompensating by hitting them to reaffirm their point.

Some of the "advice" on here makes you wonder how much exposure to the real world people have outside the prism of their screen. Report it to the media and tell them it was a sectarian attack. FFS. The child doing it isn't old enough to know better.

Advice would be to contact the head teacher and tell them you view it as a social work matter. You understand there isn't much they can do and you are that concerned, you're going to go home and highlight it to GCC via email . Namely Douglas Hutchison - GCC director of education(he replaced Maureen Mckenna recently)

tell them you are seriously considering moving your child from that school as you don't feel that he is safe, Leave it at that.

The last thing they will want is a QIO in looking at how they run the school. nor will they want a bad rep with other schools in the area as you go to get your child into them and tell them what happened.

That will be enough to make them act

Kids of that age have been fighting and hitting each other at schools since time immemorial

It's really worrying the wee guy was attacked because he said he likes Rangers ,because the other 6'year-old shouldn't be that triggered about someone's football team ,probably deeper issues here .
Kids that young aren't emotionally involved enough with a football team to become enraged and start battering someone over the mention of a football team.
It's obvious that the wean learned this behaviour from the household or friends they play with.

Are most of the schools in Scotland integrated?
We have Catholic, Jewish, Muslim, and Non Denominational Schools. A few integrated schools, which have separate staff rooms, and some other separate things. No schools specifically for Protestants. Sad state of affairs here in Scotland.

We have Catholic, Jewish, Muslim, and Non Denominational Schools. A few integrated schools, which have separate staff rooms, and some other separate things. No schools specifically for Protestants. Sad state of affairs here in Scotland.
A sad state of affairs that we don't have specific schools for protestants?

I’d be telling the school you are giving them the opportunity to resolve it to your satisfaction, if it’s not the. You’ll take it into you own hands.
Honestly, if someone did that to my 7 year old I’d leather their dad, no doubt about it.

Have read only a few of the threads, but I would have went to the police, that would put extra pressure on the HT, as their usually useless anyway, as Education under the Natsis has gone down the Tubes.

A couple of ned girls at my daughters school have been pushing her boundaries, with the usual names and one has even “targeted” her!
She’s just finishing 1st year and is 12.
She has been doing Shotokan Karate since she was 4 and half and currently sits at brown belt (one from black)only because of covid curtailing her progress.
God help those poor ned girls, hell is coming.
Get your boy involved in martial arts.
She was a shy little baby when she first stepped in that dojo and wouldn’t leave my side.
As I said God help them….

Sorry and angry to read this mate.

This kind of behaviour is disgusting but among 6 year old kids it is even more worrying.

Be calm when discussing with the head teacher but make it absolutely clear you are giving them their place to deal with this in a manner satisfactory to you. If this is not achieved, and achieved quickly, then it goes above them until appropriate action is taken.

The media? No offence to the OP but schoolyard antics isn't news.

Depends how the matter is handled, if the bullying is ignored then it is newsworthy IMO.

The only way the school will take it seriously will be if you claim that your child was subjected to a sectarian assault. Make no mistake, if it was the other way round, that's exactly how it would be reported to the school.

Exactly this. Tell them you’ll go to the papers if it isn’t dealt with immediately that day. Also don’t contact the school, go to the school and verbally make it very clear you are not to be messed around and immediate action should be taken.

Sorry to hear that mate, hope the wee man is okay. Don't take any sh*t from the school and let them know from the off how far you're prepared to take this.

Just imagine it was the other way around!

Get the wee man into a martial art - karate etc.

Consider going with him to classes - bit of Father - Son bonding plus it will grown his confidence.
Boxing would be my advice added bonus you can do pad and bag work as bonding time as well at home my 2 (son and daughter) were hitting pads from about the age of 4, great for hand eye coordination and movement.

Shocking behaviour. Go to the papers and everything. Take this as far as you can. If shoe was on the another foot my god. Politicians and everything would be involved for the deprived second class citizen catholic.. hope your wee man is ok

Some of the "advice" on here makes you wonder how much exposure to the real world people have outside the prism of their screen. Report it to the media and tell them it was a sectarian attack. FFS. The child doing it isn't old enough to know better.

Advice would be to contact the head teacher and tell them you view it as a social work matter. You understand there isn't much they can do and you are that concerned, you're going to go home and highlight it to GCC via email . Namely Douglas Hutchison - GCC director of education(he replaced Maureen Mckenna recently)

tell them you are seriously considering moving your child from that school as you don't feel that he is safe, Leave it at that.

The last thing they will want is a QIO in looking at how they run the school. nor will they want a bad rep with other schools in the area as you go to get your child into them and tell them what happened.

That will be enough to make them act
Thanks for the info. Appreciated.

I suppose this is an act of anti-British racism.
If McGeadie has a ying then this must be its yang.

That’s shocking, report it to the head teacher and follow up to see what action is taken.
These days, primary school children walloping each other is a serious incident. You could add the sectarian aspect of it as well.

My kids go to a RC school down here (long story) and one of the kids told my daughter that Rangers fans don’t believe in God when she said that her Daddy supported the Bears.
I’d had the kid’s rabid Shinner dad in my sights for a while so took the opportunity to give him both barrels.
He claimed to have no idea where his child was getting such ideas from… I suggested that such views are usually established in the home and he went purple.

Have to say that the school has a fine collection of Union Jacks and portraits of the Queen done by the kids strung up along the gates just now. Not something I guess you would find outside your average RC primary in Scotland unfortunatey.
William and Kate visited a RC primary last week in Port Glasgow. Probably the most populated RC town in Scotland am sure a lot of the parents were not to happy.

I'm very grateful my school days had zero f*** of that lot in with us.

Hope your boy recovers and gains a sense of superiority from this op.

Best wishes to the lad.

Back